The Packers are delusional

For the Jets, they completely screwed up with the Darnold and Wilson picks.  A smart owner should tear the entire thing down to the studs and start over.  

But they can trade for Aaron Rodgers, spread his cost over 3-4 years, restructure some contracts, use the 2023 draft and capitalize on the current rookie contracts to make a competitive run in 2023-2024.  For a fanbase starved for success, it is worth it.  

But if we don't have our draft picks to fill the holes at C, LT, DT, LB, S, WR, having Rodgers will not get us out of round 1 of the playoffs, if even to the playoffs.  Its not worth it.

So the Packers need to understand that.  Give them pick(s) starting in 2024.  But not rds 1-3 in 2023.   Its not worth trading for Rodgers if we have to give those up.  

• Upvote 4
  • Ugh 3
  • More Ugh 3

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

For the Jets, they completely screwed up with the Darnold and Wilson picks.  A smart owner should tear the entire thing down to the studs and start over.  

But they can trade for Aaron Rodgers, spread his cost over 3-4 years, restructure some contracts, use the 2023 draft and capitalize on the current rookie contracts to make a competitive run in 2023-2024.  For a fanbase starved for success, it is worth it.  

But if we don't have our draft picks to fill the holes at C, LT, DT, LB, S, WR, having Rodgers will not get us out of round 1 of the playoffs, if even to the playoffs.  Its not worth it.

So the Packers need to understand that.  Give them pick(s) starting in 2024.  But not rds 1-3 in 2023.   Its not worth trading for Rodgers if we have to give those up.  

Agreed. Though I think we are good at WR. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Heard a good interview with a Packers beat reporter today. The thought is that, once Rodgers is dealt, both Gutenkunst and LaFleur are immediately on the hot seat because Rodgers was papering over a lot of personnel and coaching problems that are set to be exposed once he’s gone. They’re the ones who gave Rodgers this massive, poisonous contract despite knowing how wishy-washy he was, and they haven’t won anything with him. If Love isn’t elite right away, there could be a housecleaning at the end of the year.

I think they will lose with Love.

Love wasn't even good at Utah State.  But who knows.  Their track record with QBs over the last 30+ years has been flawless to date.

If Love bombs, that's their problem though.

I only care about getting over this hurdle so we can get Rodgers in the building.

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This isn’t going to end well for them

1) Dragging this out will annoy much of their good hearted fan base who still like AR and are ready to end the drama 

2) AR said Jets. Packers got no leverage to demand 2 firsts. You can get your second rounder or pay AR and have a disgruntled QB who said he doesn’t want to play for you and get nothing. 

3) Jets don’t need to budge. AR is a season vet who doesn’t need a whole camp. 

I don’t get what the packers are doing.

I hope JD brakes them like a pretzel 

I say wait until after the draft... then Jets can have all their picks this year and give them 2024 and 2025 draft picks.

Problem is if he folds now, he is going to set an example for other teams to try to screw JD.

• Upvote 3

LOL as if good hearted fans care about Rodgers now.  Rodgers put them and the team through the ringer more than once and he failed last year.

If you asked the packers fans would you rather get max return for rodgers now that he is for sure gone or would you rather take much less and make him and the jets happy, 95% of them would want max return.

The fans are the only ones ever not expected to make business decisions.  This is an easy decision for packer fans.  If I was them I would be applauding Aaron Rodgers and the Jets for blowing it and giving the Packers some ammo in a trade when they had zero to begin this process.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Heard a good interview with a Packers beat reporter today. The thought is that, once Rodgers is dealt, both Gutenkunst and LaFleur are immediately on the hot seat because Rodgers was papering over a lot of personnel and coaching problems that are set to be exposed once he’s gone. They’re the ones who gave Rodgers this massive, poisonous contract despite knowing how wishy-washy he was, and they haven’t won anything with him. If Love isn’t elite right away, there could be a housecleaning at the end of the year.

Gutekunst and Lafleur are the Woody johnson's of coaching/player personnel. They were born on 2nd base and think they hit a double.

Building a "winning" team that can't do anything in the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers is an absolute failure. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

LOL as if good hearted fans care about Rodgers now.  Rodgers put them and the team through the ringer more than once and he failed last year.

If you asked the packers fans would you rather get max return for rodgers now that he is for sure gone or would you rather take much less and make him and the jets happy, 95% of them would want max return.

The fans are the only ones ever not expected to make business decisions.  This is an easy decision for packer fans.  If I was them I would be applauding Aaron Rodgers and the Jets for blowing it and giving the Packers some ammo in a trade when they had zero to begin this process.

Yeah it was Rodgers who failed

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

no doubt it is house of cards over there

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Green Bay went from wanting Rodgers to retire a Packer to potentially moving him for some capital to potentially holding him hostage against his spoken intentions for even more capital.

Ouch.  Connor Rogers is right.  If GB plays the waiting game and won't budge, I'd be even more pissed if I was Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I agree with this, if a Rod was our QB and he wanted a trade to GB after 18 years of the same success, I would be angry that the Jets wouldn’t just let him go. I would also just want to get over the nonsense and move forward.

Why keep playing games with a such a unpredictable dude like Rodgers? He can definitely light a match on his way out the door ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the thing that drives me crazy is all these media heads saying that the leverage the packers have is the jets fans desire to get this done.

1. every fan i personally know is ok to wait and see this play out

2. they dont seem to realize that draft picks are kind of our thing, it's literally the thing we have to look forward to every year...no jets fan takes giving away first round picks lightly

LMAOOO 

this is the sad truth brother ????

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Wouldnt have been sensible for the Jets to know what the Packers wanted for compensation before they even went on the plane to meet with AR ?

they knew to begin with that the packers had no leg to stand on.  either take what is being offered by the jets, or they eat $60mm, get nothing in return for a trade and have rodgers pissing all over their 2023 season.  gb has zero ammo. 

if i were jd, i would hold firm on a minimal deal.  tell them we are no longer interested in a trade. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the thing that drives me crazy is all these media heads saying that the leverage the packers have is the jets fans desire to get this done.

1. every fan i personally know is ok to wait and see this play out

2. they dont seem to realize that draft picks are kind of our thing, it's literally the thing we have to look forward to every year...no jets fan takes giving away first round picks lightly

The draft is the next inflection point.

If Murphy doesn’t budge by then — if he’s willing to forgo any draft compensation this year — this could get real ugly.

I can’t stand Murphy already and I’m not even a Packers fan.