The Packers are delusional

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The draft is the next inflection point.

If Murphy doesn’t budge by then — if he’s willing to forgo any draft compensation this year — this could get real ugly.

I can’t stand Murphy already and I’m not even a Packers fan.

100%

if he is not traded by the draft, this is going to get really ugly. i think everyone knows it, and no one wants it to get there.

i do think from Rodgers point of view, he appealed to the packers to let him go....he seems like the type of barstard who has a plan B if it gets to that point. personally, i think he could make it really miserable for the packers if he wanted to.

• Upvote 1

Probably Aron Rogers revealing his plans on the show before everything was finalized was a mistake. The Packers are using this to try to fleece the Jets. JD needs to dig in if the Jets have to go into the draft and draft a Rookie to compete so be it 2 first round picks for a 1 year rental is to pricy. This thing could drag on until the summer. The bigger risk the Packers fire sale him to another team for less then the Jets offered just to screw the Jets over but giving up 2 first round picks will kill this franchise and make Rogers trade useless without getting a C LT DT to fill the holes the Jets will not be able to get very far.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'm bias cause i'm a Jets fan who just wants Aaron Rodgers on the team but I do think this is kind of scummy by the Packers. 

Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest players in their history. They don't want him anymore. Let the guy move on with his career and join his new team that you gave him permission to talk to. Don't cross your arms and play hardball. He deserves better than that. They are keeping him in limbo. 

If we were on the other side of this deal, I'd want our GM to get as much as possible too.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah it was Rodgers who failed

His worst year since his rookie year, he is 40, they missed the playoffs in a win and you are in last home game.

Yeah he failed.  Is it all on him?  No.  Is there any future with him for the Packers?  No.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This isn’t going to end well for them

1) Dragging this out will annoy much of their good hearted fan base who still like AR and are ready to end the drama 

2) AR said Jets. Packers got no leverage to demand 2 firsts. You can get your second rounder or pay AR and have a disgruntled QB who said he doesn’t want to play for you and get nothing. 

3) Jets don’t need to budge. AR is a season vet who doesn’t need a whole camp. 

I don’t get what the packers are doing.

I hope JD brakes them like a pretzel 

34 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

That was correct....before the Jets and Rodgers took their sweet time and before all the viable plan B qbs went off the board and before Rodgers declared he was going to the Jets.  And he sure as hell would not do that unless he was totally assured the jets were trading for him.  The Jets and Rodgers gave the packers room to move.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You mean all the guys he wants to bring to the Jets?   ?

Exactly. the team that won one more game than the Jets, who had Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner, and Breece Hall. 

Are you suggesting nobody would want to poach those guys because the Jets won 7 games last year?

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we were on the other side of this deal, I'd want our GM to get as much as possible too.  

I get that. Like I said, i'm bias.

If there was a bidding war I would agree. But as far as we know he only wants to play for the Jets. He's about to be 40 and is year to year when it comes to playing. Make a reasonable deal and let arguably your greatest player who won you a Super Bowl move on to his next destination in a timely fashion that will help him. He's going to a new team and new situation. The sooner the better. 

This isn't just some random player on your team. It's probably one of the 3 greatest players in the history of your franchise. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I get that. Like I said, i'm bias.

If there was a bidding war I would agree. But as far as we know he only wants to play for the Jets. He's about to be 40 and is year to year when it comes to playing. Make a reasonable deal and let arguably your greatest player who won you a Super Bowl move on to his next destination in a timely fashion that will help him. He's going to a new team and new situation. The sooner the better. 

This isn't just some random player on your team. It's probably one of the 3 greatest players in the history of your franchise. 

Their GM has to look out for the future of their franchise.  Yes they want to treat Rodgers well but they've paid him a lot of money for what he's produced over the years.  

1 minute ago, Ron Rico said:

You don't believe what Aaron said on the McAfee youtube interview?

Tbh, I haven't heard it yet.  I was referring more to "the parameters of the deal are in place and it's only up to AR to decide if he's willing to play for the Jets".

It seems to e the packers only have leverage up to June 1. After that there’s no Eason to extend negotiations any longer. I’m guessing they want a draft pick right now for this tears draft. I don’t know if this simply swapping picks in the first round or on down the line. There is a rumor that the jets second rounder should be enough. We’ll see.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

LOL as if good hearted fans care about Rodgers now.  Rodgers put them and the team through the ringer more than once and he failed last year.

If you asked the packers fans would you rather get max return for rodgers now that he is for sure gone or would you rather take much less and make him and the jets happy, 95% of them would want max return.

The fans are the only ones ever not expected to make business decisions.  This is an easy decision for packer fans.  If I was them I would be applauding Aaron Rodgers and the Jets for blowing it and giving the Packers some ammo in a trade when they had zero to begin this process.

Rodgers failed the Packers??? That’s hysterical.
JD has been spectacular in negotiating trades. Be patient as the Packers overplay their hand.

• Upvote 3

Dragging this out will annoy much of their good hearted fan base who still like AR and are ready to end the drama 

Based on what I’ve read, it does seem like the Jets are in the catbird seat, but this particular concern is about as relevant as all the doofs saying Douglas needs to pony up multiple firsts because Jets fans are getting antsy.

I think the chances of Jordan Love being a better QB than Aaron Rodgers the next 2 years is very low. 

If I am the Packers I am rescrambling the Egg.  Offer the Jets Jordan Love for 13 and keep Aaron Rodgers. Make Rodgers play for the Packers.  

the thing that drives me crazy is all these media heads saying that the leverage the packers have is the jets fans desire to get this done.
1. every fan i personally know is ok to wait and see this play out
2. they dont seem to realize that draft picks are kind of our thing, it's literally the thing we have to look forward to every year...no jets fan takes giving away first round picks lightly
Some fans believe the Jets can't move forward with anything until they square away the Rodgers situation. Of course these fans are miserable pricks who didn't want Rodgers to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Their GM has to look out for the future of their franchise.  Yes they want to treat Rodgers well but they've paid him a lot of money for what he's produced over the years.  

They did. And if they are just looking at it from a football perspective that is fair. But I think with a player of Rodger's caliber there is a little more to it than that. There's relationships involved. I would think they would want him representing the franchise once he does retire for the rest of his life. Feels like an unnecessary bridge to potentially burn, but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Just now, bicketybam said:

Some fans believe the Jets can't move forward with anything until they square away the Rodgers situation. Of course these fans are miserable pricks who didn't want Rodgers to begin with.

i dont get that at all. the plan is the plan.

Talking to GB fans is awful.

Having fans tell us that the dead cap he will have if he just plays one year isn’t that big of a deal.

That GB owed AR nothing bc they’ve paid him in his career.

That we should be lucky they’re even talking to us in negotiations and haven’t just walked away.

Etc.

Truly delusional.

Can’t think of a fanbase I want more to go into a QB issue for years and years than them. I hope Love us grange and the several options after him are garbage too.

His worst year since his rookie year, he is 40, they missed the playoffs in a win and you are in last home game.
Yeah he failed.  Is it all on him?  No.  Is there any future with him for the Packers?  No.
Yet people wanted Carr who's never won dick. And Rodgers is 39, not 40.

I think the chances of Jordan Love being a better QB than Aaron Rodgers the next 2 years is very low. 
If I am the Packers I am rescrambling the Egg.  Offer the Jets Jordan Love for 13 and keep Aaron Rodgers. Make Rodgers play for the Packers.  
I dont want Love at all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

1) Dragging this out will annoy much of their good hearted fan base who still like AR and are ready to end the drama 

2) AR said Jets. Packers got no leverage to demand 2 firsts. You can get your second rounder or pay AR and have a disgruntled QB who said he doesn’t want to play for you and get nothing. 

What am I missing? They have all the leverage in the world, because they own Aaron Rodgers, and we want Aaron Rodgers. That Aaron Rodgers wants us means nothing. We have no leverage.  If they want their bitter ex-QB to suffer, they're making that happen. They can sit tight until Joe D folds. What do the fans care? All they care about is how their team drafts and improves and how Jordan Love looks.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 firsts!!!!   Only an ignorant Boob would give, even 1 first rounder.  Matter of fact, there is no way I would give a second.    I wouldn't go beyond a third this year and a conditional 2024 pick, likely a 4th, that could become a third if certain targets are met.

Packers have screwed up the whole thing.  Destroyed any relationship with Rodgers.  Let the Jets talk to him and then let Rodgers say he agreed to play for the Jets.  There is no way back.  

We are the only team willing to get them out of this hole.  We can move on to Stafford or Ryan, both still have a 90 QBR in the tank, but played on lousy teams.  Stafford still completed 68% and Ryan Completed 67% with a miserable Indianapolis team.

7 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

2 firsts!!!!   Only an ignorant Boob would give, even 1 first rounder.  Matter of fact, there is no way I would give a second.    I wouldn't go beyond a third this year and a conditional 2024 pick, likely a 4th, that could become a third if certain targets are met.

Packers have screwed up the whole thing.  Destroyed any relationship with Rodgers.  Let the Jets talk to him and then let Rodgers say he agreed to play for the Jets.  There is no way back.  

We are the only team willing to get them out of this hole.  We can move on to Stafford or Ryan, both still have a 90 QBR in the tank, but played on lousy teams.  Stafford still completed 68% and Ryan Completed 67% with a miserable Indianapolis team.

Matt Ryan is a poor man’s Joe Flacco at this point. Stafford? Could do worse, 

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Welcome aboard! It’s a Christmas Miracle.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

What am I missing? They have all the leverage in the world, because they own Aaron Rodgers, and we want Aaron Rodgers. That Aaron Rodgers wants us means nothing. We have no leverage.  If they want their bitter ex-QB to suffer, they're making that happen. They can sit tight until Joe D folds. What do the fans care? All they care about is how their team drafts and improves and how Jordan Love looks.

Lol, GB doesn't have much leverage, if at all. GB wants him gone, too. JD can just wait it out until they end up folding. It's just a matter of who blinks first, and I don't think it'll be Joe D.

25 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

You have a warped worldview.