OT: March Madness discussion

maybe this can stay on the main board since the only other thing we’re talking about is Aaron Rodgers?

I’m not a huge nba fan but march madness is always exciting. Already been a couple upsets like Princeton over Arizona, and Furman (who?) over Virginia. And there have been a few other really close games like Maryland and Wvu. 

who did y’all pick to win it all?

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

My intention is to win the bracket pool I entered.

The year UVA won, I won the office pool…this year, I’ve been hooked on the NCAA wrestling tournament and haven’t watched any basketball at all… 125 lbs bracket has been blown up; several single digit seeds got knocked out in the first round…Spencer Lee from Iowa is the 125 top seed, going for s 4th national title; he won last year with both ACLs torn; I don’t see anyone beating him this year either….

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Furman win was insane.  Gotta love the Paladins, brings a Dungeons and Dragons tear to my eye.

Virginia is the Zach Wilson of the NCAA tourney.

Only 1 seed ever to lose to a 16 seed.

Before the game started, ESPN radio was suggesting Virginia fans skip watching the game and just get hammered.

Virginia should change their mascot to this:

Curbside Classic: 1982 Chevrolet Cavalier – GM's Deadly Sin #22 – The  Decline And Fall Of GM In 1.8 Liters | Curbside Classic

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Before the game started, ESPN radio was suggesting Virginia fans skip watching the game and just get hammered.

Curbside Classic: 1982 Chevrolet Cavalier – GM's Deadly Sin #22 – The  Decline And Fall Of GM In 1.8 Liters | Curbside Classic

Didnt they win the title the very next year?  I think a lot of us would take an embarrasing loss for a title 10 times out of 10.  We get them anyways.

8 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Biden took Arizona to win lol

• Haha 1

I picked Furman, and was actually considering Princeton as another upset pick before I chickened out. 

I have Alabama, Purdue, Texas and Gonzaga as my FF, with Gonzaga beating AL in the final. As long as I beat my old college buddies overall, I have no stake in the outcome.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I picked Furman, and was actually considering Princeton as another upset pick before I chickened out. 

I have Alabama, Purdue, Texas and Gonzaga as my FF, with Gonzaga beating AL in the final. As long as I beat my old college buddies overall, I have no stake in the outcome.

i like the over in tonights Zaga/Grand Canyon game

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I don’t get it. All that Sasquatch for Purdue had to was slam dunk the ball, like always.

coaching…

I catch a ton of Purdue for obvious reasons. Edey is soft and consistently bitches out when the lights shine brightest. No surprise that the smallest team in the tourney punked him.

• Upvote 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Man the Big Ten just continues to disappoint every March.  The sooner the conference as a whole moves on from the ultra slow, ultra physical, outdated brand of basketball the better.  

Penn State was pretty impressive last night.  The ball movement on offense was incredible.  Just kept running their offense, getting open looks and knocking them down.  And A&M ooked clueless all night.  On both ends of the court.

• Upvote 2