Theory as to why Green Bay is playing hard ball

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I agree ... Which tells you how I feel about Lanar

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We disagree about Lamar.   I think he is a  dynamic game changing player.   Top 5 at the position.   Not without risk but in his absolute prime and worth a 5 year bet.

Murray isnt any of that   

On 3/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, PFSIKH said:

Uno Reverse GIF by MOODMAN

Wrong.  

Both teams are under pressure. 

Biggs is right in that GB does not have to trade him right now and of course maximize his value. 

He has an option waiting to be picked up.  It can be picked up NLT Week 1.  If OTC is right, it makes more sense for the Packers to trade him after June 1st.  The dead cap and savings are drastically different (e.g. 23M more in cap space) than pre-June 1st.  Their real pressure is next year because there is a huge option to pick-up by February

Of course, the Jets want to keep their 1st.  Lets be honest though, it is not a Top 5 or even 10 pick.  Yes, you can get a good player, but will that player make a bigger difference than Rodgers?  No. 

The Jets pressure is they are losing time.  Is it important now?  No.   I do not think there is an NFL rule to say Wilson, Lazzard and Rodgers cannot go to SoCal and run routes.  However, their best chip loses value.  If the Jets play hardball and keep their pick, if the trade happens, their first next year will be in the 20s.  Then you are pushing picks into the 2025 draft when there is no gurantee Rodgers will play.

Rogers was the 24th pick.

I have a ton of respect for the Packers as a franchise but if they are banking on Joe Douglas getting antsy, they're in for a really long wait. There's nothing about that guy that says he's going to get rolled in a trade. Not sure there are too many other GMs out there that value their draft picks more than JD

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I have a ton of respect for the Packers as a franchise but if they are banking on Joe Douglas getting antsy, they're in for a really long wait. There's nothing about that guy that says he's going to get rolled in a trade. Not sure there are too many other GMs out there that value their draft picks more than JD

This dude Brian whatever (the Packers gm) is just as tight about draft picks as jd maybe tighter 

These are two of the cheapest meatheads in the NFL locked in a standoff 

In the end the Jets will blink first because jd has to report to an impatient woody Johnson and Brian's boss is the town 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

We disagree about Lamar.   I think he is a  dynamic game changing player.   Top 5 at the position.   Not without risk but in his absolute prime and worth a 5 year bet.
Murray isnt any of that   
I just feel that Lamar IS the offense ... I think he is a supreme athlete that has the offense built around his running ability.

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 3/17/2023 at 6:21 AM, ASH1962 said:

I say F GB, don't even make this trade. We've sucked forever anyway, one or 2 more years wont make any difference. We will get the #1 or 2 pick next year and draft another young QB from what we hear is a great QB class and be ready to roll with a loaded roster, and we will be able to pay our guys on expiring rookie contracts as well.

What do single, double & triple paradiddles have to do w/this question, other than we should practice them more?

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I just feel that Lamar IS the offense ... I think he is a supreme athlete that has the offense built around his running ability.

this is exactly it. guys like him fizzle out quickly once they lose a step. you can just look to mike vick for what will happen with lamar jackson.  actually itr may have started happening already. i wouldn't want to be the team to take him on a 5 year contract

• WTF? 1

On 3/17/2023 at 9:21 AM, ASH1962 said:

I say F GB, don't even make this trade. We've sucked forever anyway, one or 2 more years wont make any difference. We will get the #1 or 2 pick next year and draft another young QB from what we hear is a great QB class and be ready to roll with a loaded roster, and we will be able to pay our guys on expiring rookie contracts as well.

Well said. In the Packers, we're obviously dealing with two sheep shaggers who were peter principled into a charmed position of power, taking over a franchise that had two back to back HOF QB's fall into their laps and over the past 30 years, have feasted on crap Bears, Vikings and Lions teams. 

They don't know what hunger is. Murphy and Gutekunst think you just pin the tail on the donkey and Lo and Behold, our next FQB, Jordan Love. 

I'm not sure if hubris is the right word to describe them, but arrogance definitely fits. It will give me great pleasure to label them dishonest if it comes to pass that they reneged on an initial deal. Disgrazia!

• Upvote 1

Well there are a few knowns in this equation:

1) Everyone knows there is no way they are bringing Aaron Rodgers back.  Already committed to his replacement.  Too much money to be a backup.  And too much of a circus if they want to complete this game of chicken.

2) Everyone knows the Jets are desperate to get this guy.

3) Everyone knows there are no other teams involved.  This is ultimately the key point.  If there were the dynamic changes significantly.  The Packers absolutely must get this done by the draft.  The Jets can and should wait them out until or unless they have established there is competition out there no matter how much it may torture the fans and how hysterical the media gets.  

23 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Well there are a few knowns in this equation:

1) Everyone knows there is no way they are bringing Aaron Rodgers back.  Already committed to his replacement.  Too much money to be a backup.  And too much of a circus if they want to complete this game of chicken.

2) Everyone knows the Jets are desperate to get this guy.

3) Everyone knows there are no other teams involved.  This is ultimately the key point.  If there were the dynamic changes significantly.  The Packers absolutely must get this done by the draft.  The Jets can and should wait them out until or unless they have established there is competition out there no matter how much it may torture the fans and how hysterical the media gets.  

The Jets should just court Lamar, then who will be depserate

• Upvote 1

Court Lamar means:

1) the number 13 this year and our first next

2) $200 million plus guaranteed that the owner has to post immediately. 
3) pissing off the rest of the leagues owner and commissioner by  guaranteeing and posting said contract 

4) waiting a week while the ravens can review 

5) becoming a laughingstock when the Ravens do review and without question match our offer.  
6)alienating Rodgers with this latest pursuit of buffoonery 

7) Rodgers retires rather than play for the NY Buffoons.  League hates Woody Johnson.  Jets have no Lamar and no Rodgers.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 3/19/2023 at 6:35 PM, BigRy56 said:

They must not be the top of their class in Green Bay ha. Yes we know Rodgers will get us to playoffs, and it’s as if they believe that is what we will be happy with. Since rodgers has done that almost every yr, but only has 1 championship. If he had half as many as Brady no way would GB entertain the idea

Guys, definitely some compelling arguments from both sides, but I don't think the Packer's management is going to move him for less then a 1st.  This isn't like the Favre deal.  We loved Favre.  It honestly was harder to watch Favre leaving than AR because of the personality issues.  No one believed Favre had a few more great years in him, AR is different.  AR could have 5 more Brady like years in best case scenario, other hand, 1 good year worst case scenario. AR has burnt his bridges here (which is sad), one of our greatest QBs, and likely the leagues.  There is too much precedent for great QBs, a washed up Wilson got a motherland trade from Denver and a sporadic Stafford got a haul as well.  I'd bet some serious cash that either of those 2 teams would trade Wilson or Stafford for Rogers at this point.  One Super Bowl is all it takes.  Packers Brass is fed up, they know the scenarios, and I "believe" they would deal with any of the mentioned negative scenarios to make a point.  Not saying I agree, just a gut feeling from a GB native who bleeds green and gold.  I don't think the Jets will "cave" with the first, but I think they will likely realize there is some value with the risk and make the deal.  Whichever way it goes, would be great to see AR lead the Jets to some glory.  He has ran his course here, get him pissed, and he will deliver for you.  Cheers,  Sean

• More Ugh 1

4 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Court Lamar means:

1) the number 13 this year and our first next

2) $200 million plus guaranteed that the owner has to post immediately. 
3) pissing off the rest of the leagues owner and commissioner by  guaranteeing and posting said contract 

4) waiting a week while the ravens can review 

5) becoming a laughingstock when the Ravens do review and without question match our offer.  
6)alienating Rodgers with this latest pursuit of buffoonery 

7) Rodgers retires rather than play for the NY Buffoons.  League hates Woody Johnson.  Jets have no Lamar and no Rodgers.  

So… what’s the downside?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SeanGB75 said:

Guys, definitely some compelling arguments from both sides, but I don't think the Packer's management is going to move him for less then a 1st.  This isn't like the Favre deal.  We loved Favre.  It honestly was harder to watch Favre leaving than AR because of the personality issues.  No one believed Favre had a few more great years in him, AR is different.  AR could have 5 more Brady like years in best case scenario, other hand, 1 good year worst case scenario. AR has burnt his bridges here (which is sad), one of our greatest QBs, and likely the leagues.  There is too much precedent for great QBs, a washed up Wilson got a motherland trade from Denver and a sporadic Stafford got a haul as well.  I'd bet some serious cash that either of those 2 teams would trade Wilson or Stafford for Rogers at this point.  One Super Bowl is all it takes.  Packers Brass is fed up, they know the scenarios, and I "believe" they would deal with any of the mentioned negative scenarios to make a point.  Not saying I agree, just a gut feeling from a GB native who bleeds green and gold.  I don't think the Jets will "cave" with the first, but I think they will likely realize there is some value with the risk and make the deal.  Whichever way it goes, would be great to see AR lead the Jets to some glory.  He has ran his course here, get him pissed, and he will deliver for you.  Cheers,  Sean

They were both 33 when traded, not 39 and both looking to continue playing, not contemplating retirement.  And neither of their teams came out publicly declared they were ready to move on from said QB.  The Rams won a Super Bowl, I dont think they regret their decision and I dont think them being open to swapping QB's matters in the negotiation between the Jets and Packers.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, SeanGB75 said:

Guys, definitely some compelling arguments from both sides, but I don't think the Packer's management is going to move him for less than a 1st.  This isn't like the Favre deal.  We loved Favre.  It honestly was harder to watch Favre leaving than AR because of the personality issues.  No one believed Favre had a few more great years in him, AR is different.  AR could have 5 more Brady like years in best case scenario, other hand, 1 good year worst case scenario. AR has burnt his bridges here (which is sad), one of our greatest QBs, and likely the leagues.  There is too much precedent for great QBs, a washed up Wilson got a motherland trade from Denver and a sporadic Stafford got a haul as well.  I'd bet some serious cash that either of those 2 teams would trade Wilson or Stafford for Rogers at this point.  One Super Bowl is all it takes.  Packers Brass is fed up, they know the scenarios, and I "believe" they would deal with any of the mentioned negative scenarios to make a point.  Not saying I agree, just a gut feeling from a GB native who bleeds green and gold.  I don't think the Jets will "cave" with the first, but I think they will likely realize there is some value with the risk and make the deal.  Whichever way it goes, would be great to see AR lead the Jets to some glory.  He has ran his course here, get him pissed, and he will deliver for you.  Cheers,  Sean

If they won’t let him go why are they kicking him out the door ? Can’t have it both ways. They have to trade rodgers or love , and they have been honest they want Rodgers out