Jonah Williams Requesting Trade

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If we were interested in giving Brown a big contract, it may be worth it to try and grab Jonah for a mid-round pick. He may not be elite but he’s good enough and young

Jonah Williams might be young but his knees are old 

The dude played through a dislocated knee cap most of the year the same injury that max Mitchell missed a month plus with and Becton missed all year 

Then, at the end of the year, Williams dislocated his knee again 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

You want this guy?

High School GIF

I still think Becton will be the starting LT. Williams may be able to play RT, I know that he wants to stay at left, the reason for the trade request, but he may do it for another team as the Bengals told him you are not good enough by signing Brown. So if he could be had for a 4th or 5th, I would take a chance if he is willing to play on the right side. Mitchell is a total question mark at the moment.

Also fat Jonah Hill would be a great run stuffer.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s been a mediocre at best LT and allowed the most sacks in the league last year.

Hell no

If we’re going to trade for an OL, then go get Ryan Kelly and then draft a guy like Skoronski or Jones at #13.

That’s all fine but with what happen  last year a guy that doesn’t  get hurt would be really cool. 

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That’s all fine but with what happen  last year a guy that doesn’t  get hurt would be really cool. 

Jonah Williams DOES get hurt 

Shoulder and knee injuries over the last few years.

He missed his entire rookie season with a torn labrum.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jonah Williams might be young but his knees are old 

The dude played through a dislocated knee cap most of the year the same injury that max Mitchell missed a month plus with and Becton missed all year 

Then, at the end of the year, Williams dislocated his knee again 

Didn’t he wreck his shoulder the year he was drafted too?  Out I think the whole year.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

We already did, Max Mitchell. Hope his health will be ok.

I hope so, too, but the Jets should not count on him at all. He hurt his knee last year and then vanished for some non-football related issue. Blood clotting?

Even if he comes back healthy, he still might need a whole year of development to even be a solid swing tackle.

6 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I hope so, too, but the Jets should not count on him at all. He hurt his knee last year and then vanished for some non-football related issue. Blood clotting?

Even if he comes back healthy, he still might need a whole year of development to even be a solid swing tackle.

Blood clots sound super serious but these guys get on the medication and come back relatively soon. He certainly needs development either way but there's a few young and successful players who are doing well 

Trey Smith KC guard and Kenneth walker sea rb are examples

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

Blood clots sound super serious but these guys get on the medication and come back relatively soon. He certainly needs development either way but there's a few young and successful players who are doing well 

Trey Smith KC guard and Kenneth walker sea rb are examples

I was crying during the draft for the Jets to take Trey Smith as he fell because of a history of blot clot issues. But, he was totally healthy his senior season. KC got a steal taking him in the 6th round.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

I was crying during the draft for the Jets to take Trey Smith as he fell because of a history of blot clot issues. But, he was totally healthy his senior season. KC got a steal taking him in the 6th round.

KC and the current Jets team play completely different offensive line schemes. Smith was pegged as being a power/gap exclusive prospect. Big and strong with a lack of athleticism. Poor footwork. He also had reoccurring blood clots which is a problem. The jets play an outside zone scheme which OL should be above average athletically because there is a lot more movement instead of just beating up the guy in front of you. Smith was drafted to the perfect scenario since the chiefs run the power gap and he was a late round pick and had lower expectations. 

80A57BE8-E8F7-40F6-A536-E4150FF690DC.png