Michael Irvin full video shows exchange between NFL star and accuser

15 hours ago, Butterfield said:

The video is worthless.  Doesn’t prove anything one way or another.  

The claim is that he asked her if she had ever had a big black man inside her.  How would a video prove that or not?  

Yeah, and then she shook his hand after their brief conversation. That video if anything makes Irvin look more innocent than guilty.

I don’t want to get in trouble here, so I’ll just say I hope Michael sues everyone and wins, especially the woman and Marriot.
(although I’d love to see ESPN and the NFL Network pay through the nose also)
Why Marriot ? Because they are a big corporation that owns the company that owns this hotel that hired the person that hired this person ? I don't see it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Yeah, and then she shook his hand after their brief conversation. That video if anything makes Irvin look more innocent than guilty.

I disagree.  I don’t think it proves or disproves anything at all.  Its completely worthless.  

The witnesses seemed worthless too.  Neither even knew what was said.  

When people make inappropriate comments to me, I also smile and walk away.  Then I report it.  Just like she did.  Nothing unusual.  Thats how calm, collected people react.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Corn said:

The woman only claimed verbal sexual misconduct! 

On that alone he gets kicked out of the hotel and banned from his commentator Super Bowl appearance.

It's not news worthy but In this society People have been getting fired for accusations or bad manners for some time now.

12D6BF6A-C431-43F0-9801-11CA7ACCB72B.gif

• Haha 1

I don't know what happened between Michael Irvin and this woman, but I do know that stuff like this is an absolute Rorschach for posters. In the end, it seems human nature to look for any selectively shaped event to confirm our underlying beliefs about the world. And when it doesn't we assume a conspiracy rather than accept that we might be wrong. That seems to be the common pattern regardless of ideology in today's world of democratized knowledge. There is no truth, only my truth.

30 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:
I don't know what happened between Michael Irvin and this woman, but I do know that stuff like this is an absolute Rorschach for posters. In the end, it seems human nature to look for any selectively shaped event to confirm our underlying beliefs about the world. And when it doesn't we assume a conspiracy rather than accept that we might be wrong. That seems to be the common pattern regardless of ideology in today's world of democratized knowledge. There is no truth, only my truth.

Agree with a lot of this .. especially the Rorschach analogy. I disagree that most people attack alternate interpretations ... Maybe disagree with ... But I still want to believe that humanity is somewhat civilized and capable of collected discourse arguing counterpoints in an intelligent way for the most part.

But increasingly, the way the internet and all these groups are becoming militantly offended has left.me feeling a bit saddened that it seems like people actually don't look for ways to increase the cultural human brotherhood ... But rather how to rip it apart by espousing their singular interest or cause.

The new Gen is going to grow up in a smaller world of narrowly focussed, self fellated group think.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Agree with a lot of this .. especially the Rorschach analogy. I disagree that most people attack alternate interpretations ... Maybe disagree with ... But I still want to believe that humanity is somewhat civilized and capable of collected discourse arguing counterpoints in am intelligent way for the most part.

But increasingly the way the internet and all these groups are becoming militantly offended has left.me feeling a bit saddened that it seems like people actually don't look for ways to increase the cultural human brotherhood ... But rather how to rip it apart by espousing their singular interest or cause.

The new Gen is going to grow up in a smaller world of narrowly focussed group think.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cpi51PwMv8w/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

39 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Clearly, this video shows that a 2 this year and a 2 next year could get this deal done. I don't want to give up either 1 from either year, but I also don't want to give Rodgers more time in limbo to go on more "spiritual retreats" and change his goddam mind.

What we were talking about again?

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I disagree.  I don’t think it proves or disproves anything at all.  Its completely worthless.  

The witnesses seemed worthless too.  Neither even knew what was said.  

When people make inappropriate comments to me, I also smile and walk away.  Then I report it.  Just like she did.  Nothing unusual.  Thats how calm, collected people react.  

Last thing I picture when reading your reply is a calm, collected person. You come off very jaded. You seem very sure of what was said, as if you read Michael Irvin's lips from that video. You say the witnesses seemed worthless. I could say the same about you, because you're just spouting off feelings, not facts. 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Last thing I picture when reading your reply is a calm, collected person. You come off very jaded. You seem very sure of what was said, as if you read Michael Irvin's lips from that video. You say the witnesses seemed worthless. I could say the same about you, because you're just spouting off feelings, not facts. 

Lol.  What are you talking about?  I never said Irvin should be arrested, sued, fired, or anything else.  I have no idea what was said.  Based on the evidence, he probably shouldn’t be.  But thats not the fault of those who made the claims about him.  They aren’t suing him, or asking him to be arrested either.  It seems like they just reported the event and moved on.