Plan B

Dunnie

16 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Problem is Ravens had to completely tailor their offense to LJ and that takes time as well as sometimes it may be too difficult for most offensive coaches to do. He likely would be a bad fit here.

The other thing to consider is it usually takes a good QB till season 2 to be really good in this offense.   

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Rodgers Will be the Jets qb in 2023. I  just hope JD isn’t even 1/10 as impatient as most Jet fans. Packers will lower their asking price right before the draft. Even if they don’t get their insane 13 overall pipe dream, they still would want a high 2, 3. They want 23, and 24 draft picks. I doubt they want the jets making the picks for them ha. If JD stares them down as he should, it’s a long wait until June 2. But that’s when packs can split the rodgers cap hit. If packs still are being unreasonably, tell them longer they make us wait for the inevitable, the comp will be less and less. Packers are not keeping Rodgers, and by sept 1 they will not have an ounce of leverage. Then they would be lucky to get a 5th rounder for being Dickks

I would think it’s in the best interest of the packers to do this before the draft.   If they trade him before June 1 they swallow his cap hit this year and it’s off the books.   This will get done.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Richardson is the only QB in the draft I see sitting behind him. Perfect landing spot for Richardson ??? Baltimore.

Why would Balt. be the perfect landing spot?  That offense sucks something awful and I dont think Richardson would fit well under Monken. 

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They don’t have time to wait on Richardson, and it sounds like Richardson is going top 2 besides

I mean, sure they do.  If you do the right thing and bring in a bridge either via FA or trade.  Honestly, I'm taking him even if they do land Rodgers.  Rid themselves of the Zach disease and develop a far far far superior talent the right way this time to be ready to roll as soon as Rodgers retires. 

There is close to zero chance the Jets will need a plan B.

GB needs to get rid of Rodgers - The NY Jets are the only ones interested in Rodgers.

I guess Rodgers can change his mind and decide to retire (which won't be any different if he's traded or not) 

In that nearing 0% chance - Jets will likely make a trade for someones best back up.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think they’d take a serious run at it, but I think they’d do a performative check-in on the situation that lasts a news cycle. The old “Jets have reached out to” canard.

I don’t think they’d do anything that demonstrates a willingness to part with a first round pick. But I think this is a dead issue. Unless or until another team gets into in the fray, Rodgers will be a Jet. It’s just a matter of when. 

• Upvote 3

There is no need for a plan B. As a matter of fact, I believe the league office will start pressuring both teams to complete the deal soon because they want to schedule Rodgers and the Jets on prime time games. The schedule usually comes out mid to late April.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I cannot believe that JD once again has ignored getting a functional backup QB. He lucked out with Mike White but for some reason he doesn't seem to give a damn about the backup QB position. Zach should be #3 this season. He needs to sit, watch, and learn.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

The is no plan B if you have never had an intention of going for plan B, which is why the jets find themselves where they are.

They pretended to have plan A, B, C etc but never established a deadline so they could act on plan B or C.

The Jets issues right now are totally self inflicted.  Stafford, Jackson etc are all total non options, oh at some point they might talk to a guy like jackson just so they can pretend that they have a plan B.

They have totally promised Rodgers they are getting him and are paying the price for foolish management practices in this situation.

• Upvote 1

I've been on plan A since Hackett and I don't even want to think about a plan B...we're going to get Rodgers!  Would Hackett be our OC if we didn't have Rodgers on the plan A list?  I don't know and I doubt we'd even have signed Lazard if we weren't getting Rodgers.  He's coming...don't know when or the cost.  Plan B would be a disaster not only to us fans but the organization.  

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

There is no need for a plan B. As a matter of fact, I believe the league office will start pressuring both teams to complete the deal soon because they want to schedule Rodgers and the Jets on prime time games. The schedule usually comes out mid to let’s April.

When you put it that way, I wouldn’t mind it if the deal went down after the schedule was announced. Don’t need the Russell Wilson to Denver schedule; playing in prime time every week to start the year. 

• Upvote 2

Can’t see us drafting a guy bc the regime would know that it’s likely there last year unless they win. And a rookie likely isn’t doing that.

So I’d imagine we’d pivot to a trade option. I’m sure we’d kick the tires on a Lamar trade. But ultimately it wouldn’t make sense given the contact he’d demand and the picks. So after that we’d be looking at Stafford, maybe Cousins, maybe make a call about Trey Lance or someone like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Why would Balt. be the perfect landing spot?  That offense sucks something awful and I dont think Richardson would fit well under Monken. 

I mean, sure they do.  If you do the right thing and bring in a bridge either via FA or trade.  Honestly, I'm taking him even if they do land Rodgers.  Rid themselves of the Zach disease and develop a far far far superior talent the right way this time to be ready to roll as soon as Rodgers retires. 

I’m with you on getting Zach out of the building, but I think Richardson wiuld flounder here. The Jets are win-now and he’d languish in this environment.

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The is no plan B if you have never had an intention of going for plan B, which is why the jets find themselves where they are.

They pretended to have plan A, B, C etc but never established a deadline so they could act on plan B or C.

The Jets issues right now are totally self inflicted.  Stafford, Jackson etc are all total non options, oh at some point they might talk to a guy like jackson just so they can pretend that they have a plan B.

They have totally promised Rodgers they are getting him and are paying the price for foolish management practices in this situation.

What will this take become when Douglas gets Rodgers for a 3rd and a conditional 2?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m with you on getting Zach out of the building, but I think Richardson wiuld flounder here. The Jets are win-now and he’d languish in this environment.

Nah, he sat behind an inferior talent for a while at Florida till he got his shot.  I think he'd appreciate learning from Rodgers and not being forced to play right away. 

They have to develop someone but you're probably right that he wont be there at 13.  Hooker later rounds could be fun.

• Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Clueless again

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think NY sports media will say it, because they make up a lot of sh*t and/or rely on untrustworthy inside sources.

But no, I don’t ever expect a proforma interest from JD.

JD yes, but Woody is running the QB show. he just lost out on one superstar he will go in on Lamar.

i know you dont believe this Rodgers thing is Woody but your a smart guy, not one of these homers. you know if we get Rodgers were bottoming out in 25 and 26 and will start a new rebuild. that can not have been JDs plan. 

• More Ugh 1

I think there was a Plan B. They met with Carr for a reason, etc.

But clearly they became confident they were going to get Rodgers. 

It strikes me as extremely unlikely he doesn’t end up a Jet at this point — the only way I see that happening is if someone unforeseen suddenly expresses interest in trading for him. Folks keep pointing out all the other options for the Jets have dried up — but so have all the other landing spots for Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, doitny said:

JD yes, but Woody is running the QB show. he just lost out on one superstar he will go in on Lamar.

i know you dont believe this Rodgers thing is Woody....

So then just to be clear, if we do get Rodgers, and you do enjoy watching him, and/or we do win games and go the playoffs.....

.....you will give 100% of the praise to Woody, and nothing to JD?

After all, the "guy running the QB show" would deserve the credit if the QB works out for a change.

Keep in mind, JD is batting .000 so far at the QB position.

.....you know if we get Rodgers were bottoming out in 25 and 26 and will start a new rebuild. that can not have been JDs plan

I think that is very much TBD at this stage.  Possible, absolutely, but not yet probable.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

There is no need for a plan B. As a matter of fact, I believe the league office will start pressuring both teams to complete the deal soon because they want to schedule Rodgers and the Jets on prime time games. The schedule usually comes out mid to let’s April.

Or the league knows it will eventually get done and encourages both teams to take it til Hard Knocks starts in training camp so there is news all summer. Also helps Packers cap situation to wait and allows for "draft day trade rumors"

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What will this take become when Douglas gets Rodgers for a 3rd and a conditional 2?

This is where the bar is moving, before it was the packers have no leverage at all , we can just offer then a 4th or a 3rd!

Now the compensation is moving upwards slowly but surely. 

And in any case if you think the jets all along thought they'd be in this position I'll disagree on that.

My take won't change.  I said the Jets and Rodgers blew this process and they now have to hope they get lucky.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So then just to be clear, if we do get Rodgers, and you do enjoy watching him, and/or we do win games and go the playoffs.....

.....you will give 100% of the praise to Woody, and nothing to JD?

After all, the "guy running the QB show" would deserve the credit if the QB works out for a change.

Keep in mind, JD is batting .000 so far at the QB position.

I think that is very much TBD at this stage.  Possible, absolutely, but not yet probable.

like i said i this is all Woody so i will give him the credit. this has " desperate owner wanting a SB before he dies " written all over it.

i will give JD some credit if he can keep the 13th pick.  but if this drags on Woody will force him to give it up to get the deal done.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Rodgers Will be the Jets qb in 2023. I  just hope JD isn’t even 1/10 as impatient as most Jet fans. Packers will lower their asking price right before the draft. Even if they don’t get their insane 13 overall pipe dream, they still would want a high 2, 3. They want 23, and 24 draft picks. I doubt they want the jets making the picks for them ha. If JD stares them down as he should, it’s a long wait until June 2. But that’s when packs can split the rodgers cap hit. If packs still are being unreasonably, tell them longer they make us wait for the inevitable, the comp will be less and less. Packers are not keeping Rodgers, and by sept 1 they will not have an ounce of leverage. Then they would be lucky to get a 5th rounder for being Dickks

We would be pretty desperate by then also