OBJ not asking for 20 Million

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

A couple of things.

1. OBJ is washed up, injury prone and plain sucks at this point in his career. No thank you. 

2. ARod said he had a wishlist. Not a list of demands. I doubt if JD doesn't bring everyone he wants on board he will refuse to play for the Jets. JD already signed his top request, Lazard. 

This^^^.   I honestly think you guys are going to be set at receiver.   Why put double digit numbers into a “has been” wide out?

28 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Salary cap is a myth.

It never really occurred to me that the $8m needed to sign the draft class, is not what counts against the cap because only the top 51 contracts count. 

Basically, sign someone for $2m it hits for $1.2m because an $800k contract on the bottom of the list falls below that 51st threshold.

• Upvote 1

Wilson, Lazard, Moore, Mims (Davis will be cut)

OBJ is not the guy you obtain, unless Moore is traded in the Rodgers deal. Otherwise, we need a KR/PR either in the draft or FA. OBJ is not worth it, for many reasons. Yeah maybe Rodgers wants him but we signed Lazard for him and we might still pick up Cobb on the cheap. That’s enough. We have many other holes to fill. 

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Many are speculating Corey Davis won't be on the team much longer....

I want OBJ if Corey Davis is gone because once we have Aaron Rodgers we are in it to win it, and I want depth at WR in case some guys miss time due to injury. Look at the Rams when they traded for OBJ. They lost Robert Woods right after getting him. They wouldn't have won the Super Bowl in 2021 without the depth they had at wide receiver. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I want OBJ if Corey Davis is gone because once we have Aaron Rodgers we are in it to win it, and I want depth at WR in case some guys miss time due to injury. Look at the Rams when they traded for OBJ. They lost Robert Woods right after getting him. They wouldn't have won the Super Bowl in 2021 without the depth they had at wide receiver. 

Then you pick up a WR later on in the season. You don’t go into the season with 30 million in WRs and holes elsewhere. Happy you are not the GM. 

• WTF? 1

18 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Ok.  More than 4 but less than 20.  Lots of reasonable numbers within that space.  

It’s not exactly a genius ploy. Ask for an embarrassingly number and then accept much less than embarrassing demand, but probably more than what you would have got if you didn’t first embarrass yourself. Worked well for Daniel jones ha. Green Bay is employing same strategy with Jets.

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's a 2 year window with Rodgers, and I'd rather have OBJ than Corey Davis during this time period. 

We made it to AFCCGs back to back with mark freaking Sanchez. We just need a competent qb that doesn’t sabotage games all by himself. Example- zach Wilson 

19 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Hard no.  He was a really good player on the Giants and they couldn't get rid of him fast enough.  His antics make him toxic, especially in a young WR room.

In all fairness it takes a few years for these guys to mature. Can’t say obj is going to cause lockeroom issues or not. But if he still wants to play and isn’t injured he’s at least worth looking at.

• Ugh 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Can we just say, this isn't  happening. It os nice that Rodgers is trying to get his friends jobs but do we even know if his knee is healthy? 

If he's willing to sign an incentive based deal then I'd be in on him. I have no issue with Wilson, Lazard, OBJ, Moore, Mims, Cobb as our WR group.

Can't give a 30+ years old, headache, 2 time acl WR guarantees though.

21 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This franchise once, very recently, gave a near paralyzed Quincy Enunwa $9M per. 

Trade Davis, trade Moore, bring in OBJ for 2/$24M. Wilson, Lazard, OBJ, Cobb/Thielen, Breece Hall, whoever, with ARod is elite+

Do the trainers have enough Geritol for this senior citizens group of WRs?  OBJ, Cobb, and Thielen are all on the wrong side of 30 and on the significant downside of their careers.  Nope to all three.

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Do the trainers have enough Geritol for this senior citizens group of WRs?  OBJ, Cobb, and Thielen are all on the wrong side of 30 and on the significant downside of their careers.  Nope to all three.

I'd argue we'd have 3 WRs ahead of them anyway so I'm not sure it's a huge concern. 

The bigger concern would be if we decided to play older WRs over better younger players. I'd understand if this was the case early on in the season when the chemistry isn't quite there but Wilson/Lazard/Moore should be the featured 3

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd argue we'd have 3 WRs ahead of them anyway so I'm not sure it's a huge concern. 

The bigger concern would be if we decided to play older WRs over better younger players. I'd understand if this was the case early on in the season when the chemistry isn't quite there but Wilson/Lazard/Moore should be the featured 3

With Wilson, Moore (rejuvenated with a real QB), and Lazard , why do the Jets need any of these senior citizens.  I'm assuming Davis is cut or traded.  Mims becomes a #4.  Older experienced veteran WRs  are generally overpaid and under perform.  Why spend (more) money on this position?  All these signings/trades would do is deplete the cap, use draft picks on a position that is not needed, and as you mention, take reps away from more deserving young players.  It makes absolutely no sense to a knowledgeable fan of the game. For the Madden crowd though, these are "names" that they feel we "must have" and these fans think they are getting the players from 3-4 years ago and not the current versions.  Why pay $10-20 million for a #3 or #4 receiver who will catch 20-30 passes in 2023?  How does that make sense? 

On 3/18/2023 at 11:43 AM, Rangers9 said:

If Jets sign Rodgers where does it leave us money wise on cap considering AR's salary and how much of it Jets will be paying. It might not leave much for the rest of the roster. We already have a number one receiver.

Are you operating under the impression that OBJ would be a number one receiver for any team?