OBJ not asking for 20 Million

2 hours ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

Clown post. 

As clown of a post as supporting a clown like OBJ.  He has proven just this off season alone what kind of human he is. We've already seen what a player looks like with a year off and Le'Veon wasn't even hurt, but he sure was washed up and he wasn't a D-bag. 

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

With Wilson, Moore (rejuvenated with a real QB), and Lazard , why do the Jets need any of these senior citizens.  I'm assuming Davis is cut or traded.  Mims becomes a #4.  Older experienced veteran WRs  are generally overpaid and under perform.  Why spend (more) money on this position?  All these signings/trades would do is deplete the cap, use draft picks on a position that is not needed, and as you mention, take reps away from more deserving young players.  It makes absolutely no sense to a knowledgeable fan of the game. For the Madden crowd though, these are "names" that they feel we "must have" and these fans think they are getting the players from 3-4 years ago and not the current versions.  Why pay $10-20 million for a #3 or #4 receiver who will catch 20-30 passes in 2023?  How does that make sense? 

No one is thinking about paying any vet a lot of money. We are talking about them taking discounts to go for a ring. The Jets should not spend a premium at the WR position.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Serious question - would you be onboard if OBJ signed a "prove it" deal at Berrios type money ($5 Million)?

Sure

If healthy, he's obviously more dynamic than Lazard

But dude is coming off 2 torn ACLs on the same knee within what less than 12 months?

I think the odds of him playing a full 17 game slate are close to zero.

Then you have to ask even if he's on the field how effective will he be?  Dude hasn't played football in over a calendar year.

Look at how rusty Deshaun Watson looked.

The Jets are in win-now mode.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Serious question - would you be onboard if OBJ signed a "prove it" deal at Berrios type money ($5 Million)?

I’d be interested if we ultimately have to ship moore to make the Rodgers deal work. Don’t see him being moved, but hypothetically, if he was, I’d take odb on a 1 year 8 mill deal with some incentives that could drive the deal upward.

Just now, extmenace said:

I’d be interested if we ultimately have to ship moore to make the Rodgers deal work. Don’t see him being moved, but hypothetically, if he was, I’d take odb on a 1 year 8 mill deal with some incentives that could drive the deal upward.

I'd rather they just pay $8MM of C.Davis's salary & ship him to GB, and hold onto Moore for two more cheap years without major incentives, with two good knees, and with better speed & upside. If the #1 knock on Moore is being a selfish douche, the fix for that isn't OBJ of all people.

Plus if he gets out of hand again they can just bench him, which will threaten future earnings he's not yet realized; not so easy to control an $8MM player who's already cashed over $80MM in NFL checks.

One 100-yard game since October, 2019.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

No not worth the headache. There’s a reason he’s going on his fourth team already (and wasn’t even in football last year). 

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No not worth the headache. There’s a reason he’s going on his fourth team already (and wasn’t even in football last year). 

I don't blame him for wanting out of Cleveland... After getting traded from the Browns, he helped the Rams win a Super Bowl as a key contributor, catching 7 touchdowns in the 12 games for them in 2021, including the playoffs. Rams are in seller mode right now after going all in for 2021 and 2022, so I don’t see them not signing Odell Beckham Jr. as some slight.

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't blame him for wanting out of Cleveland... After getting traded from the Browns, he helped the Rams win a Super Bowl as a key contributor, catching 7 touchdowns in the 12 games for them in 2021, including the playoffs. Rams are in seller mode right now after going all in for 2021 and 2022, so I don’t see them not signing Odell Beckham Jr. as some slight.

Ramsey is a headache too. That was just as much addition by subtraction as it was cost cutting. 

On 3/19/2023 at 3:41 PM, bla bla bla said:

No one is thinking about paying any vet a lot of money. We are talking about them taking discounts to go for a ring. The Jets should not spend a premium at the WR position.

OBJ has missed 60 of the last 102 games since 2017.  Please note that. He has not even been on the field for 60% of games in the past 6 seasons.  He has two games over 80 yards and one game with 6 or more receptions since 2019.  Both of those stats are putrid.    Now he is 30 and coming off another ACL injury and you want to give him money and a roster spot?  Seriously?  Why?  He is completely done.  Finished. He's old, he's injured  he still thinks he is good, and he's a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.  Talk about throwing money and a roster spot away. Let someone else make this colossal mistake.  I'd rather have almost anybody else.  I'd be surprised if he played more than 10 games the rest of his career.  People here complain about JD drafting Becton, but Becton had no track record of injuries.  OBJ is a walking injury at this point.  Jets fans should revolt if JD signs this patched up head case of a has-been.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'd rather they just pay $8MM of C.Davis's salary & ship him to GB, and hold onto Moore for two more cheap years without major incentives, with two good knees, and with better speed & upside. If the #1 knock on Moore is being a selfish douche, the fix for that isn't OBJ of all people.

Plus if he gets out of hand again they can just bench him, which will threaten future earnings he's not yet realized; not so easy to control an $8MM player who's already cashed over $80MM in NFL checks.

One 100-yard game since October, 2019.

I wasn’t saying I’d rather have Odell over moore, I said if moore had to be traded, I’d be interested. I’d also prefer moore but who knows how this trade eventually plays out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2023 at 4:17 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

Ok.  More than 4 but less than 20.  Lots of reasonable numbers within that space.  

My first thought.  Odd to send out a tweet that looks to aim at "clearing things up" but still leaves a range of somewhere between $4.1 million and $19.9 million.

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

I think Moore is moved. Lazard is going to take his spot. Could see Davis back on a restructured deal.

7 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

OBJ has missed 60 of the last 102 games since 2017.  Please note that. He has not even been on the field for 60% of games in the past 6 seasons.  He has two games over 80 yards and one game with 6 or more receptions since 2019.  Both of those stats are putrid.    Now he is 30 and coming off another ACL injury and you want to give him money and a roster spot?  Seriously?  Why?  He is completely done.  Finished. He's old, he's injured  he still thinks he is good, and he's a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.  Talk about throwing money and a roster spot away. Let someone else make this colossal mistake.  I'd rather have almost anybody else.  I'd be surprised if he played more than 10 games the rest of his career.  People here complain about JD drafting Becton, but Becton had no track record of injuries.  OBJ is a walking injury at this point.  Jets fans should revolt if JD signs this patched up head case of a has-been.  

I get that. I'm hoping Mims gets to be WR4 and he balls out. I also see the appeal in odell on an incentive laden deal.