What is Robert Saleh’s role next year?

5 minutes ago, WisconsinJetsFan said:

Is he going to be a glorified DC? Can’t imagine he’s going to have any role in the offense with Rodgers and his buddy Hackett in the building. I do get worried about the ramifications of having a weak head coach. Look how Tampa Bay collapsed last year with Todd Bowles at the helm. 

SouthPark-BuddyFriendGuy.gif.81b928837a38da7a064d2528ad6b4b6e.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd imagine he'd do what he has done the last 2 years. Trust his coordinators to run the show. Guy doesn't even call our defense. Non-issue.

Yea but he’s still been the one calling timeouts, challenges, and managing the game. Will Rodgers trust him to do that? We saw him screw up the Detroit game. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, WisconsinJetsFan said:

Yea but he’s still been the one calling timeouts, challenges, and managing the game. Will Rodgers trust him to do that? We saw him screw up the Detroit game. 

He blew the Detroit situation but overall the game management stuff was solid. His main failing as a head coach has been signing off on the wrong QB two years ago. His handling of Rodgers will be interesting.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

He blew the Detroit situation but overall the game management stuff was solid. His main failing as a head coach has been signing off on the wrong QB two years ago. His handling of Rodgers will be interesting.

I'd agree with this. The Detroit game was infuriating, but generally game management was decent last year. Even the Detroit game, the mess up didn't come from a lack of awareness, moreso he had a reason for not calling the timeouts (was it because he thought they'd lose one of the catches on appeal or something?). In hindsight it was the wrong decision, but it showed he was at least taking into account situation. 

By no means am I saying he's a great coach (fail to make playoffs this year and he should be sacked) but this thread is a bit weird, as if any defensive HC with a great QB is nothing more than a glorified DC. Was Tomlin one for years, or Bellichek, or Carroll? 

31 minutes ago, WisconsinJetsFan said:

Lol I'm sure the 1 game he may end up costing us will be offset by not having 39th ranked QB play

• Upvote 1

After seeing how the media has handled this Rodgers situation, he better change his approach behind the microphone and stop trying so hard to be liked.  Anything less than going full Belichick, especially with the national reporters like Schefter and Rapoport, will be a big disappointment to me...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, morny said:

I'd agree with this. The Detroit game was infuriating, but generally game management was decent last year. Even the Detroit game, the mess up didn't come from a lack of awareness, moreso he had a reason for not calling the timeouts (was it because he thought they'd lose one of the catches on appeal or something?). In hindsight it was the wrong decision, but it showed he was at least taking into account situation. 

By no means am I saying he's a great coach (fail to make playoffs this year and he should be sacked) but this thread is a bit weird, as if any defensive HC with a great QB is nothing more than a glorified DC. Was Tomlin one for years, or Bellichek, or Carroll? 

The team coming out flat against Seattle was probably his worst moment. In general I think he has some of the requisite qualities that make for a good coach - definitely a smart guy, seems to be a good communicator, etc. But yeah, if they don't make the playoffs this year it's probably time to clean house. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

The team coming out flat against Seattle was probably his worst moment. In general I think he has some of the requisite qualities that make for a good coach - definitely a smart guy, seems to be a good communicator, etc. But yeah, if they don't make the playoffs this year it's probably time to clean house. 

Im still trying to identify something he excels at.  What are his strengths????

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WisconsinJetsFan said:

And he admitted he messed that game up, and would improve off of it. Plus, what do you suggest instead? Just fire him? 

6 hours ago, WisconsinJetsFan said:

Is he going to be a glorified DC? Can’t imagine he’s going to have any role in the offense with Rodgers and his buddy Hackett in the building. I do get worried about the ramifications of having a weak head coach. Look how Tampa Bay collapsed last year with Todd Bowles at the helm. 

You better be careful. It’s bed time and Nurse Ratched is not nice to the loonies who don’t behave.

8 hours ago, WisconsinJetsFan said:

Saleh is not todd bowles thankfully. Look both were great coordinators and Saleh as a rookie hc had his short comings for sure, but he has shown that he can learn and grow into the job, unlike say todd bowles.

I think you are going to see what you hope to see next year. A head coach that has coordinators calling plays reading the other team for weaknesses etc and a HC that over sees it all. I think he might not be inventing the play book on offense but he is not going to be like rex for instance. He will be apart of the off game plan more than ever. Just cause he lets his new shiny coordinator come in and probt make the play book, Saleh will have input. I mean the truth is Rogers will run that offense. The system will be familiar because of havket and I'm sure have some jet rinkles but Rogers will be powered to call plays at the line, make adjustments etc.

We are so used to seeing people not capable of that or not be allowed to do that it's sick.

Rogers will be running that side of the ball, when la fleur brother started running that team he clashed with Rogers. Calling plays Rogers thought were terrible, (read that as conservative play calls) despite having Roger there. Eventually they worked it out because Rogers was given the power back that the New HC tried to take from him. Its a sh*t show over in green bay. Anyway Saleh is going to let Rogers do rodgers and let that go as far as we can go, but I think the relationship at least from the jets brass side is going to want to be a mutual type of relationship based on trusting Aaron to be good.

Saleh doesn't have an ego, he will be involved and might with hacket develope the ny jets illusive TE attack packages that we forked so much money for. But at the end of the day is rogers is the one hitting Wilson or lazard or who ever he wants.

I think all will be happy cause the def and run game will never really let Rogers carry the whole team. He is going to love that. The def is going to love that and most importantly I am going to love that.

Let's go baby can't wait for the season