Laverneous coles Wayne chrebet YouTube sbow

So randomly remembered that I watched a couple of their episodes.

Anyway not sure where they landed towards the end of the season but it was just hard to stomach. Between the chrebet coles talk. It sounded like Cole's was an ass and they couldn't believe that Garret Wilson was the real deal nor sauce. Funny how they became the off and def rooks of the season...anyway it was a terrible show and coles was a real deushbag pretending that he was all that back in the day and they were somehow much more respectable that the current team. If the small chance that coles reads this....bro you were not that good. You were average. And your takes on the current team which all consist of well he is not that good...is not exactly hard hitting stuff...

I liked Cole's cause he would catch the ball but damn he sounds like a grumpy old crotchety ass.

The whole tough guy stick is dumb I kind of want to smack him. Chrebet for that matter came off as a decent and kind of nice guy. Always liked that dude, but he kind of let coles punk him.

Don't waste your time watching it

• Thumb Down 5

48 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Anyway not sure where they landed towards the end of the season but it was just hard to stomach. Between the chrebet coles talk. It sounded like Cole's was an ass and they couldn't believe that Garret Wilson was the real deal nor sauce. Funny how they became the off and def rooks of the season...anyway it was a terrible show and coles was a real deushbag pretending that he was all that back in the day and they were somehow much more respectable that the current team. If the small chance that coles reads this....bro you were not that good. You were average. And your takes on the current team which all consist of well he is not that good...is not exactly hard hitting stuff...

I liked Cole's cause he would catch the ball but damn he sounds like a grumpy old crotchety ass.

The whole tough guy stick is dumb I kind of want to smack him. Chrebet for that matter came off as a decent and kind of nice guy. Always liked that dude, but he kind of let coles punk him.

One day, there will be a day when players like Coles won't  be on the team anymore.

Oh, wait....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol Coles was plenty better than average and...whatever, I haven't listened but in terms of assessing him as a player you're being ridiculous again my man ;) 

Hey man callem like I see em as always . Coles was average wr. But listening to him you think he won 3 Superbowls, was the best wr in the league. Dude is a duesh, you got love for him fine, but listen to him not me and then get at me.

57 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:
lol Coles was plenty better than average and...whatever, I haven't listened but in terms of assessing him as a player you're being ridiculous again my man emoji6.png 

1264 yards in 2002. I'd say that better than average!

I mean whatever you want to say. It ils very subjective. 5 TD and 9-7 seems pretty average. But hey I haven't dove into his career numbers.. I remember him as being reliable. But obviously you didn't catch the drift of the post or listen to the podcast. If you did you would have heard his pompous ass and not be so quick to try to get with spermy

56 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

One day, there will be a day when players like Coles won't  be on the team anymore.

Oh, wait....

Lol he earned his spot. It's not one of those. But you do you self a disservice if you don't just listen a little. This dude is crazy and sees himself as freaking davate Adams or something.

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I mean whatever you want to say. It ils very subjective. 5 TD and 9-7 seems pretty average. But hey I haven't dove into his career numbers.. I remember him as being reliable. But obviously you didn't catch the drift of the post or listen to the podcast. If you did you would have heard his pompous ass and not be so quick to try to get with spermy

Garrett Wilson had just 4 TDs. If you ask him why so few I’m sure he’ll reply that there are other factors at play there.

Even without being saddled with run-first wimp HCs and a total lack of gunslinger QBs his entire career (other than 1 yr if a Hackett-castrated, older Testaverde), 6000 rec yards in 6 years isn’t the NFL average.

Other than one standout year of Marshall + Decker (which quickly died off), until drafting Wilson and seeing him on the field, from ‘12-14 and then ‘16-21 I remember more than once thinking ffs wish we had one guy who could play like either of these two instead of the Jets’ has-beens, never-weres, sub-mehs, and rarely-healthy wideouts.

So while Wilson looks great so far he wasn’t a slam dunk great pick. It’s what made having two 1sts in that draft anticlimactic until seeing him in hindsight, because iirc there was no omfg WR prospect like Green, Julio, Chase, etc. and it’s why they instead tried to trade for Deebo.

In this setting…

I’ve still not listened to this one but have heard them back and forth a while before. I can’t remember the specific topic, but Coles came across as decidedly smarter & more insightful, with Chrebet offering kinda shoulder shrug comments in comparison I could get from Mrs. Sperm. Coles was more interesting (and frankly, just nicer) to meet in person, too (who knows what was going on for each personally that day/week/mo, and as I don’t know either personally it’d be unfair to make a blanket assumption beyond that day; but that was my experience). Maybe this day that was reversed.

I’m quite sure I’d sometimes agree and sometimes disagree with takes from each. The rest is just tone, and if both hosts are so soft spoken like Chrebet is on mike, pretty much no one’s going to listen once the novelty of their names wears off for even the most loyal fans. 

Like Sanchez & Mangold. One was a great player for many years while the other mostly sucked. Mangold may very well be smarter as well (i don’t really know) but he’s not as engaging of a listen on his own. They do play well off each other (especially when Mangold brings up or rips on Sanchez’s less than finer points as a player, while the latter is appropriately self-deprecating in his goofy way) but admit Sanchez gives their Exchange podcast whatever life it has. As much as I appreciated him as a player, and how there he comes across as really likable in their back & forth (not unlike being the anchor on his OL), the truth is listening to two Mangolds would probably be boring within 10 minutes even if I mostly agreed with what he’s saying.

Bart Scott gets way over his skis plenty. He’s still more fun to listen to (granted not always). Ditto sometimes Colon, and Ray Lucas before them. Some are just more verbally opinionated. As long as it’s not merely clownishness artificially turned up to 11 all then l the time it makes for a better listen.

Beyond playing for the team, like all of us here they’re all Jets fans. What that means is when the motivation in discussion is to show how “I know better” when the game is on they’re rooting for a win more than being right.

Even after your most popular thread, I bet you still wanted Berrios to catch that TD vs the Vikes or just take any/every return all the way back. All good.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Lol he earned his spot. It's not one of those. But you do you self a disservice if you don't just listen a little. This dude is crazy and sees himself as freaking davate Adams or something.

Guy had a rough childhood. I’d give him a break. 

Coles was outstanding and he made tough catches in traffic when he wasn’t protected by the rules.  

Different game today.  DBs we’re able to hand check and safeties we’re able to destroy unprotected WR after the catch.  Guy was tough as nails.  So was Wayne.  They’re both probably suffering from CTE.  Take whatever they say with a grain of salt.   Both were terrific players.  OP got this dead wrong.

• Upvote 3

lol, wut?

Coles was a great WR.  Tough as nails.  Caught everything that came his way.  It's amazing, honestly amazing he survived as long as he did catching ambulance balls from Chad Pennington his entire career.   Dude had back to back 1200 yard years w/ Patrick Ramsey and Chad Pennington throwing him the ball, lmfao, very impressive.  I've also met LC multiple times.  We ended up being right next to his table back in the single days at a club getting bottle service and I let him know I respected his career w/ my favorite team and dude couldnt have been more nice.  He was just cool as hell, down to earth, let me talk his ear for hours about ball, sharing stories and conversations happening around the league.  Super cool dude. 

And I've listened to their show and I could disagree more.  Wayne gives the more surface level meat head takes and Coles brings more insight to the show.  It's not a great listen but I came away w/ the exact opposite take.  It's hard listening to Wayne talk, honestly. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This part confused me, you called Coles a fake tough guy but then you say  you want to smack him. Coles would beat the dog sh*t out of you though 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Ok, that was a totally serious assessment.  I mean there was no intent of humor at all

kitten eye roll GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I watched Blade Runner for the first time last night, I actually liked it alot. I will watch the 2017 sequel soon,,,you like?

Holy cow man.. for the first time? That's an all time classic. 

2017 sequel actually wasnt too bad. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Wayne gives the more surface level meat head takes and Coles brings more insight to the show.  It's not a great listen but I came away w/ the exact opposite take.  It's hard listening to Wayne talk, honestly. 

Wayne had quite a few concussions in his career.  And Saleh is king meathead.

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This part confused me, you called Coles a fake tough guy but then you say  you want to smack him. Coles would beat the dog sh*t out of you though 

I went to FSU when Laveranous Coles, Peter Warrick, and Marvin "Snoop" Minnis were on the team. Coles nickname was "trouble". Those were the days. lol...Even our kicker, Sebastian Janikowski, was tough as nails. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:55 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hey man callem like I see em as always . Coles was average wr. But listening to him you think he won 3 Superbowls, was the best wr in the league. Dude is a duesh, you got love for him fine, but listen to him not me and then get at me.

Stevie Wonder GIF by John Legend

On 3/18/2023 at 9:55 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

How BJF1983 "sees em":

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1