I am being lazy; which one of these is closest to Miami???

Maxman

I joined this RV thing and they have parks all over. You pay one price for the year and you stay for no fee after that, if they have availability blah blah blah. I did one this past weekend in the Poconos to test it out.

Anyhow that got me to thinking, if the Jets play in Miami before all the snow birds arrive I could head down there for a week or so when the Jets play the Dolphins. I see at least one that is 40 minutes away, not bad. But figured I would check with the Florida experts and save myself from looking all of these up.

Which one(s) are closest to Miami? Thank you!

image.png

image.png

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, fastmover said:

Pompano Beach or Ft. Lauderdale is probably your best bet, they will be the closest.  With Ft Lauderdale being the closer of the two.  This is just going off the top of my head. 

Semper Fi

Nice, I had looked up Pompano and that wasn't bad. Wouldn't mind saving a few minutes with Fort Lauderdale either. Thanks.

You might want to hit Ormond Beach or Port Orange on the way down to Miami. Im there everyday. They are beautiful. You can get off I95 at the Port Orange exit - its just past Daytona - and head east and your at the beach in 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. Its a beautiful beach there. Go to the sun glow pier and have a nice meal right on the Ocean.

• Upvote 1

Max...Judging by some of the replys its obvious that time and distance to the stadium is not a consideration...Geez 

Check out CB Smith Park in Pembroke Pines

30 minutes to Hard Rock Stadium

The Canadians will have been gone at that time....hopefully

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Hey Max, what RV thing did you join?  I have a travel trailer and this sounds interesting.  Thanks!

It is Thousand Trails. Has so so reviews, apparently it used to be good. For me though it seems worth it, I bought the North East Zone and Trails collection. Basically you pay once, $825 for the year and whenever you book somewhere there are no fees. They have like 5 parks in NJ and I stayed at Camelback last weekend. I figure if I can get 20 days out of it, probably a lot of mid week from remotely kind of stuff, then it will be well worth it.

I think the parks are mostly clean but smaller sites. Some have pretty nice pools. I was able to reserve a week at a nice place at Lake George.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

46 minutes ago, JoeDaJet said:

Max...Judging by some of the replys its obvious that time and distance to the stadium is not a consideration...Geez 

Check out CB Smith Park in Pembroke Pines

30 minutes to Hard Rock Stadium

The Canadians will have been gone at that time....hopefully

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Welcome to Florida, I will be your trusty guide

I love it. I look at RV Lots for sale in Florida all the time. It is like my guilty pleasure, logistically (and financially) I wouldn't be able to make it work. But I texted Tailgate Joe recently @joebabyny and sent him a picture of a park with a lake and this site was right next to it.

Hey Joe are there alligators in that lake?

Joe: Always assume there is an alligator in there.

Seems like pretty good advice!