Jermaine Johnsons name being tossed around as part of a trade

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just saw an article and have seen other places talking about Jermaine Johnson being part of a trade package for Rodgers. I would prefer to use E. Moore as trade bait for a variety of reasons (bit of a malcontent, easily replaceable,  2nd Round pick) and would prefer to see what JJ turns into in NY, and we're already not so strong at LB/Edge. So, any thoughts? Cimini is the latest to mention JJ as trade comp,  do we think it's total speculation or can the Pack be asking for JJ as a way to sell their fanbase on "We got a first rounder"....

Maybe we can include Jamal Adams in the trade.

• Haha 2

The longer this goes on the more I think that several things have happened

1. The Rodgers interest is Woody driven.

2. Green Bay is asking for more than whatever compensation was discussed before meeting Rodgers

3. JD has cooled off Woody and has convinced him that they only do this under the Jets terms.

I think much of the media including Wingo just assume that the Jets are the ones leveraged and will cave. I do not think they will, and there is a possibility this stretches all the way into June or does not happen at all.

The trade compensation even Jets fans are willing to give up is crazy. What GB fans think the compensation should is ludicrous, like 2 firsts, Moore and Sauce.

Our compensation should be less than we gave up for Favre. Period.

• Upvote 3

The article makes it pretty clear that it's just "speculation" by the author (Cimini).  He was just giving an example of a young player that GB may want as an alternative to draft picks -- that's it.

This reminds me of when Peter King's early speculation that it would take "two ones" to get Rodgers turned into stories about how that's what Green Bay was asking for.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

1. The Rodgers interest is Woody driven.

49 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

3. JD has cooled off Woody and has convinced him that they only do this under the Jets terms.

Bruh

The mental gymnastics that is required to think these two points is uncanny. 

Let me tell you a secret. Whether you like it or not, regardless of inheriting his fortune, Woody Johnson is not a complete moron. In no way did he lead the charge for Rodgers, only to be "cooled down" a couple of weeks later by Joe Douglas. 

If Woody was the driving factor, Rodgers would have been a Jet on March 15th. Period point blank. 

I absolutely detest Joe Douglas, but I said this the other day, the longer it goes on, the more proof that JD is firmly at the helm. 

The simple truth is that if JD and Saleh dont start producing consistent wins, they are both going to be on the hot seat, and they know it. The best way to make that happen, is get the best possible QB you can find, which happens to be AR.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just saw an article and have seen other places talking about Jermaine Johnson being part of a trade package for Rodgers. I would prefer to use E. Moore as trade bait for a variety of reasons (bit of a malcontent, easily replaceable,  2nd Round pick) and would prefer to see what JJ turns into in NY, and we're already not so strong at LB/Edge. So, any thoughts? Cimini is the latest to mention JJ as trade comp,  do we think it's total speculation or can the Pack be asking for JJ as a way to sell their fanbase on "We got a first rounder"....

My 1st thought was "bored sports writers with excess time on their hands" .

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hell no to either. We may only have rodgers for 1 yr, we can’t be trading young cheap assets who are due to break out, or as case with Moore, and others, already have. Carrying rodgers massive salary, those guys low rookie deal $ are essential to rounding out cap space. We need to push the draft picks back to 24, even 25. So if packers want to be pricks they lose out on this yrs draft picks completely. 

• Upvote 1

This just shows how bad the media is, JJ's name was not mentioned by anyone other than Cimini in this article on ESPN.com, so all these satellite "News" organizations go and run with this and now they have to talk to JJ and say you are not on the block... fun...

image.png.6eb571ea0013d3ee86bad323f719f4c4.png

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91530/examining-the-challenges-of-an-aaron-rodgers-trade-between-jets-packers

I don’t see a lot of players that Douglas wouldn’t use in a trade scenario. I can see gWilson, bhall, and sauce as being the only true untouchables. All of the others are fair game for trades, especially one that will change the team for the better.  As for Johnson, he showed some good ability but will need to show more to push Lawson out.

Giving up a mid 1st is out of the question.   Johnson is the reason they can cut and redeploy $15MM of cap to fill other holes.

Unless they have serious questions about Johnson, just say no.  Offer a 3rd rounder and hold firm.   If they want a player instead, give them Lawson.  He is likely gone.  They can sell the high end pass rusher.  We can use Lawson's $15MM cap savings to cover Rodgers 2023 cap hit and keep the draft capital.

I can't believe they let us talk to Rodgers without agreeing on compensation.  Now we are in the drivers seat.  Hold firm Joe.

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

This just shows how bad the media is, JJ's name was not mentioned by anyone other than Cimini in this article on ESPN.com, so all these satellite "News" organizations go and run with this and now they have to talk to JJ and say you are not on the block... fun...

image.png.6eb571ea0013d3ee86bad323f719f4c4.png

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91530/examining-the-challenges-of-an-aaron-rodgers-trade-between-jets-packers

Yep.

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

raw

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Cimini said he'd consider it and Packers fans said they'd like it.

Not a thing that's gonna' happen IMO.

• Post of the Week 1

Why does Elijah Moore's name keep getting mentioned as  a potential target for the Packers.  Moore and Mike Lefleur detested each other and clearly werent going to work together moving forward.  So with Moore scumbagging Mike Lefleur and his system all season, why would his brother then want him in the Green Bay locker room to play in the same type of system?  Just cant see this as a possible trade destination. 

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

GB can eat sh*t....take the 2nd round pick and move on

I really think if a 2nd round pick was on the table this would be done.  

My guess is JD has offered a 3rd at best.  

My other guess is that it was JD that lowered the offered from what was being discussed. He probably had a 2nd originally in the offer. 

But then every other team pulled out of the Rodgers Sweepstakes - people keep saying that was bad for the Jets - but what it also meant was every team had their starting QB already paid and on their team.

And this is why GB is being so difficult.

5 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Why does Elijah Moore's name keep getting mentioned as  a potential target for the Packers

Because he's a vocal me first players - that literally took his complaints public when the team was 6-3 on a five game winning streak.   This is a player that has proven nothing - yet felt the arrogance to act like he deserved more.

This is not the type of guy Saleh wants on his team.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Because he's a vocal me first players - that literally took his complaints public when the team was 6-3 on a five game winning streak.   This is a player that has proven nothing - yet felt the arrogance to act like he deserved more.

I agree with you, just dont know why people would think Matt LeFleur would want that in his locker room after what Moore did to his brother Mike this past season

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, sciond said:

sorry if not a fan boy like of AR like you may be..

people keep dreaming of the old AR

So if they want even one 1st round and and 110 million to e paid for AR

2 1st's and 200 mill is a better buy

We don;t know if 250 mil is going to be Lamar's final number

we know 110 mil is the real number for AR

Lamar wants Watson money + $1. Anything less than that, heck even if we offer that, the Ravens will likely match it

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why would Matt Lafleur want the WR that told his little brother to go f*ck himself lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think Corey Davis and Elijah Moore are the two that are most likely getting traded this offseason...maybe even both.

Davis as part of the Rodgers trade perhaps.

I can't see Moore going to Green Bay though, going from one LaFleur to the other.

They're not gonna want Cory Davis in a trade....hell, he may even be a free agent in the near future, and his cap hit is like $10mill on his current contract IIRC.  I could see the NYJ cutting him if they wanted another FA WR.

Moore?  Ahhh...I wouldn't like it, but if the NYJ are trading either Moore or J Johnson then there should be no other draft picks in the deal for 2023.  Those guys are still cost controlled on rookie deals and are both '1st rd talent' or thereabouts.

If we keep all our DPs this year and trade one of those two and a conditional 4th that can elevate to a second in 2024 if Rodgers plays and based off some qualification as to how we do in 2023 like playoffs etc., I can live with that.

• Upvote 1

Portraying the Jets as a clown show has been a money maker for sports media for decades.  So even when things are lined up correctly and JD is handling things the right way,  the media is going to spin things to make it look like the Jets are being played for suckers and being painted into a corner.  Pick 13 is a goner, JJ is a goner, the Pack holds all the aces, etc. That's what draws clicks and eyeballs...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

His stats with Flacco, Mike white were 10x better than when Wilson was qb. He has talent, showed that in 21. He had legitimate complaint about Wilson, and no one can say now he was the only one complaining about Zach. I think he would welcome to play with Rodgers. He has the potential to rack up a lot of yards as 3rd WR sneaking around while D focuses on G Wilson and rodgers buddy as #2. Unlike Zach, rodgers will find the open man. 

• Upvote 1