2023 'Hard Knocks' Candidates: Jets Ranked #1

On 3/20/2023 at 12:40 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hope the jets do not return to hard knocks. It was great show for sure, but I rather they not do it. Distracting etc. Lets just get to football thsi year. I thihnk it would be a very good show for sure, but we alreayd have our in house hard knocks show and that is good enough for me plus. You know the whole goal of the show will be to make aaron rogers looks stupid. 

These nfl hard knocks guys will not be able to help them selves.

Last time we were on Hard Knocks we were distracted to the tune of 11-5 and the AFCCG

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Last time we were on Hard Knocks we were distracted to the tune of 11-5 and the AFCCG

Different season team and most importantly different QB and coach. Plenty of hard knocks team Haven't done that well and again anyway I'm against it. I'm good with our team show one jets drive

7 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I don't think it's all that distracting any more; it's no different from what they're already doing on 1JD and Flight 2023

Big difference is our show is positive promotional for jets run by the jets staff. Hard knock is just trying to stir sh*t up and promote a good story. If you don't see that you should consider it. They will not be really focused on n making us look good or building unity. They will be looking for controversy and exaggerating it

41 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Different season team and most importantly different QB and coach. Plenty of hard knocks team Haven't done that well and again anyway I'm against it. I'm good with our team show one jets drive

They’re not looking to stir shlt, they’re looking to have a young team of exciting players like Wilson, Sauce and Breece.  
Teams that didn’t do well wouldn’t have done better if they weren’t on HKs.

On 3/20/2023 at 12:31 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Last year, the Lions were announced March 28.

If the Jets are in fact the choice this year, perhaps Goodell will push Murphy and Douglas to get this done within the next week.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-hard-knocks-candidates-ranking-jets-bears-saints-commanders-by-entertainmen

2023 'Hard Knocks' candidates: Ranking Jets, Bears, Saints, Commanders by entertainment potential

Whichever team is featured on HBO's Hard Knocks this summer has a lot to live up to.

Shouts to Lions coach Dan Campbell for setting the tone for last year's season with his kneecap-biting style. The personalities, the culture of the city, the players' stories ... 2022's look at the Detroit Lions set the bar high for 2023.

Which team will be in the spotlight this year? Well, thanks to exemptions that have been in place since 2014, we know teams won't be required to appear on the show if they meet any of the following criteria:

1. They have a first-year head coach.
  2. They have secured a playoff berth in the past two seasons.
  3. They have appeared on Hard Knocks within the past 10 years.

Now, teams can volunteer to be featured on the show, although they'd have to first reckon with the fact that no team has won the Super Bowl after being featured. So we can safely use those exemptions to whittle the pool of likely candidates down to four teams. (And maybe one of them can break the Hard Knocks Super Bowl curse.)

Here is how I'd rank the four candidates in order of potential entertainment value:

Rank
New York Jets

The Jets were very much in the playoff hunt for most of last season, even without stellar quarterback play. Running back Breece Hall suffered an ACL tear midway through an excellent rookie campaign, and the team started to crumble; New York lost its last six games, finishing 7-10 after a 5-2 start.

Now, though, four-time MVP Aaron Rodgers is set to take the reins clad in Gotham Green, surrounded by a healthy, youthful and talented squad, including both 2022 Rookies of the Year (Garrett Wilson on offense and Sauce Gardner on defense). Plus, new offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett will be a familiar face for Rodgers. There are plenty of personalities to go around here. Not to mention the setting, the "concrete jungle where dreams are made of," with each episode providing a chance to show off New York. Gosh, there's just so much to like if Gang Green makes it to the screen.

I hope Goodell almost gets hit by a bus......

then gets underneath this

Steam Rollers - Steam Culture - YouTube

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Big difference is our show is positive promotional for jets run by the jets staff. Hard knock is just trying to stir sh*t up and promote a good story. If you don't see that you should consider it. They will not be really focused on n making us look good or building unity. They will be looking for controversy and exaggerating it

Nah. Hard Knocks is NFL Films - NFL Films isn't "looking to stir sh*t up", it's league PR. Honestly, what was the last Hard Knocks "controversy" you can remember?  

5 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Nah. Hard Knocks is NFL Films - NFL Films isn't "looking to stir sh*t up", it's league PR. Honestly, what was the last Hard Knocks "controversy" you can remember?  

fired a guy in AZ last year. IBut I do admit maybe it has alot more positive vibes that i wanst giving it credit for. I didnt watch all the AZ hard knox but there was taht guy who touched some lady and said like the team quit during the game. 

But I do think that if we did hard knock this year, that it would be focused on aaron roger and trying to make us look bad. I could be wrong but i doubt it.

12 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Opening scene.........

Rodgers has a stop watch.....ready set go.........

Saleh and Becton race up a flight of stairs........

Winner gets to tell Ashtyn Davis that he is cut........

Camera fades.......

Corey Davis breathes a sigh of relief until next week.......

Jets on Hard Knocks would be comedic gold.

The "1JD Films" stuff is ok but there's way too much PVO type fluff.