What do you think about this idea for a trade for Aaron Rodgers?

Alka

The Jets give Green Bay our 2023 3rd round pick this year, plus Corey Davis.

The Jets also give Green Bay a conditional 4th round pick for 2024, which would translate to a 3rd round pick if the Jets make the playoffs, translate to a 2nd round pick if the Jets go to the AFC Championship Game, and translate to a 1st round pick if the Jets go to the Superbowl.

The Jets also give Green Bay a conditional 4th round pick for 2025, if Rodgers comes back for a second season.  This 4th round pick is also conditional, and would translate to a 3rd round pick for the playoffs, a second round pick for an AFC Championship game appearance, and another 1st round pick for a Superbowl appearance.

To summerize, The Jets could possibly give up 2023- 3rd round pick, Corey Davis

2024- 1st round pick if we go to the Superbowl

2025- 1st round pick if we go to the Superbowl again..

The worst that Green Bay could do:  2023 3rd round pick.  Corey Davis   2024- 4th round pick, if Rodgers retires after 1 season.

To me, this is a win-win scenario.  Everyone wins.  If the Jets give up any 1st round capital this year, Green Bay automatically wins, and the jets could lose big-time if the Jets don't get to the playoffs, and Rodgers retires after 1 season.

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Absolutely not!!!

Give me a reason!  If Rodgers takes the Jets to 2 Superbowls in a row after 50 plus years of not getting there, why not?  And the 1st round picks would be no better than the 31st pick of the 1st round.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

Give me a reason!  If Rodgers takes the Jets to 2 Superbowls in a row after 50 plus years of not getting there, why not?  And the 1st round picks would be no better than the 31st pick of the 1st round.

Just not going to need to give up potentially 2 first rounders to make this happen. Stay the course hold firm, and Green Bay has to cave.

• Upvote 2

Just now, LockeJET said:

Just not going to need to give up potentially 2 first rounders to make this happen. Stay the course hold firm, and Green Bay has to cave.

But this isn't caving!  If the Jets get to the Superbowl, that would end 54 years of not getting there.  Giving up the #31 pick in the draft for that, almost every Jets fan would go for that.  If the Jets duplicated that again the following year, that would be a dream come true.  

You gotta look at the big picture.  And what do you consider the Jets not caving?  To me, giving up a 3rd round pick this year is not caving.  Giving up anything in the future is all conditional on how well things work out for the Jets.

GB has no choice. They already pissed off Rodgers, and they can't afford to keep him with the stupid contract they gave him last year. There are no other suitors. GB will fold. We should give little or nothing to GB, unless they are picking up part of Rodgers' remaining contract dollars.

I have no problem with this. I actually think Green Bay won’t accept this trade. Not sure why we wouldn’t make this trade. Worse case, we are in two super bowls and have to give up the 31st or 32nd pick for those two years. Sign me up. Very fair trade IMO

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The way people value draft picks is comical

I mean hypothetically trading two 31/32 picks two and three years down the road for two Super Bowl appearances and balking at this is one of the goofiest things I’ve read here 

I completely understand what you’re saying but my main point is we are not going to have to go that far. If you ask me now would I trade 2 first rounders for back to back Super Bowls? hell yeah!!  But the Jets are not going to have to give up that much, so why do it ?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Alka said:

But this isn't caving!  If the Jets get to the Superbowl, that would end 54 years of not getting there.  Giving up the #31 pick in the draft for that, almost every Jets fan would go for that.  If the Jets duplicated that again the following year, that would be a dream come true.  

You gotta look at the big picture.  And what do you consider the Jets not caving?  To me, giving up a 3rd round pick this year is not caving.  Giving up anything in the future is all conditional on how well things work out for the Jets.

I completely understand what you’re saying but my main point is we are not going to have to go that far. If you ask me now would I trade 2 first rounders for back to back Super Bowls? hell yeah!!  But the Jets are not going to have to give up that much, so why do it ?

9 minutes ago, sciond said:

oh great another AR thread with a trade proposal

They are so rare these days....

What this site needs is more AR talk.....

From a PACKERS fan, no less! I should make an offer on their board... A 4th this year and a 6th next year. Oh, and by the way, we'll take the $110m off your books.

You Are Welcome Rachel Brosnahan GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Much better the second time! ?

39 minutes ago, Alka said:

If we win two SBs with him they can have the next decade of Jets draft picks faik.

One thing I think Jet fans forget in these debates on trading picks is that hypothetically if the Jets are truly good and competing for Super Bowls...

a) YOU WENT TO THE SUPERBOWL DUE TO TRADE!!! THATS CALLED VALUUEEEE

b) The pick is going to be 28-32. 

With that said I agree we should not give away 13....but im open to 24 1st rounder

8 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

I guess the tradeoff - and part of the reason GB would reject this, too - is all they're getting is a 3rd round pick plus a WR we were going to cut anyway.

There'd have to be some conditions for whatever in between

e.g. what if we make two SBs but lose both last second FGs -- GB gets nothing more than a 3rd and Corey Davis with 1 yr left on his contract? They're not going to go for that.

All these “conditional pick” scenarios make me laugh.

If I’m Green Bay I’m not assuming any risk dependent on how the Jets season goes, or whether AR retires after one year.

“Here’s the player, here’s what we want for him. Let me hear your proposal now. Hopefully we can make this work, if not? All the best.”

What would be the point? Jets can probably leverage 2 3rds and Davis for Rodgers if they wait long enough. There's no point to waste picks. There's going all in for the SB and there's being reckless and wasteful.

15 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Yeah I apologize 

it’s all in the way the hypothetical is interpreted and approached 

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If I’m Green Bay I’m not assuming any risk dependent on how the Jets season goes, or whether AR retires after one year.

“Here’s the player, here’s what we want for him. Let me hear your proposal now. Hopefully we can make this work, if not? All the best.”

If I'm the Jets, I would give the Packers a 4th this year and a 2nd next year, the Jets take Aaron and 150 million dollar contract with 101 million guaranteed. If you are not interested, the Jets will look elsewhere. Good Day Sir.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The only way this trade is going to happen is with a 2024 conditional pick.  Both teams need the trade too much and the conditional pick removes some of the risk for the Jets.  Because if I'm the Jets, I'm not trading premium draft assets for a 40 year old QB who may retire at any minute.

The trade should be a 2023 3rd and a 2024 4th which becomes a 3rd if Rodgers plays a significant number of snaps, a 2nd if the Jets make the playoffs and a 1st if the Jets win the SB (not just appear in it).  That's it. The OP's proposal is too rich for the Jets and the picks go on forever.  Two picks.  That's it. If GB doesn't want that, let them pay him for the next two years and wreck their team through 2025. 

54 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So Joe Douglas should negotiate against himself, since we're the only team in this horse race? OK!!

Holding Hold The Line GIF

JD should stop and walk away

let them sweat it out

JD does not lose trades

They will crawl back

there is no line waiting to be next up for AR

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Agreed! I personally like Daniel Defense and for an economical choice, Palmetto Armory is nice. A good starter is the Ruger AR556. What do you guys think?

South Florida is nice this time of year......

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You're looking at it the wrong way. From the other direction = "Here's what we want for him. But if he takes your team to the SB we want even more."

Plus with his return for a second season unknown it'll have to be. His value is lower if he plays just 1 year than if he sticks around here for 2. 

47 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Agreed! I personally like Daniel Defense and for an economical choice, Palmetto Armory is nice. A good starter is the Ruger AR556. What do you guys think?

I personally think my SST Operator is the best bang for the buck. Premium materials, hand milled uppers and lowers that are made for each other with no room for wiggle. *chefs kiss*

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

The Jets give Green Bay our 2023 3rd round pick this year, plus Corey Davis.

The Jets also give Green Bay a conditional 4th round pick for 2024, which would translate to a 3rd round pick if the Jets make the playoffs, translate to a 2nd round pick if the Jets go to the AFC Championship Game, and translate to a 1st round pick if the Jets go to the Superbowl.

The Jets also give Green Bay a conditional 4th round pick for 2025, if Rodgers comes back for a second season.  This 4th round pick is also conditional, and would translate to a 3rd round pick for the playoffs, a second round pick for an AFC Championship game appearance, and another 1st round pick for a Superbowl appearance.

To summerize, The Jets could possibly give up 2023- 3rd round pick, Corey Davis

2024- 1st round pick if we go to the Superbowl

2025- 1st round pick if we go to the Superbowl again..

The worst that Green Bay could do:  2023 3rd round pick.  Corey Davis   2024- 4th round pick, if Rodgers retires after 1 season.

To me, this is a win-win scenario.  Everyone wins.  If the Jets give up any 1st round capital this year, Green Bay automatically wins, and the jets could lose big-time if the Jets don't get to the playoffs, and Rodgers retires after 1 season.

No thanks.  I'd give the #3, Corey Davis and a #4 in 2024.  I could agree with an upgrade to as high as a #2 if we have a deep playoff run and Rodgers agrees to return in 2024.  

So a #3 and a #4 plus they can have a player we will cut otherwise.  I could live with it going to a #2 if we got a super bowl and Rodgers returning.