What do you think about this idea for a trade for Aaron Rodgers?

Alka

Take Rodgers and his contract.   Give picks starting in the 4th round based on how much of his contract they pay for.   All contingent on Rodgers showing up for OTAs and all voluntary work outs and practices.   

it’s a 1 year SB run.  He’s all in or we don’t want him.  

3 hours ago, Alka said:

Give me a reason!  If Rodgers takes the Jets to 2 Superbowls in a row after 50 plus years of not getting there, why not?  And the 1st round picks would be no better than the 31st pick of the 1st round.

The reason is that draft picks will be needed to keep the ball rolling. Granted we are all hoping the next draft will yield more Wilson, sauces and hall but that’s a little unrealistic. Maybe as much as going to the show twice let alone once.

Here is my deal:

3rd round pick in 2023

If Rodgers plays in 2024 they get a 2nd round pick in 2025.

If Rodgers is the starter of a Super Bowl game for the Jets that they win, they can have however many 1st round picks we are allowed to trade.

50 years we have suffered because of Namath's deal with the Devil. It is time to sit down with the Devil again, pay him his respect, and cut a new deal.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, sign me up.  Rams gave up essentially 7-8 first rounders for 1 SB win and no one gives a f**k.  

I’d trade next 10 years of first round picks for a ring. The average team team wins 1 ring every 32 years…

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, sign me up.  Rams gave up essentially 7-8 first rounders for 1 SB win and no one gives a f**k.  

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’d trade next 10 years of first round picks for a ring. The average team team wins 1 ring every 32 years…

This. Or, er...these.

Get us the ring. Get us the precious.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

More, of course, if you're talking about the expected # of titles over the course of Jets history.  There were only 26 teams in the NFL from 1970-1975; 28 teams from 1976-1994, 30 teams from 1995-1998 and 31 teams from 1999-2002.....

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Alka said:

Give me a reason!  If Rodgers takes the Jets to 2 Superbowls in a row after 50 plus years of not getting there, why not?  And the 1st round picks would be no better than the 31st pick of the 1st round.

Because you don’t have to, he’s an older QB with probably at most two seasons in him and have to pay him $100M.  So why are we throwing picks that aren’t needed at him

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers wins one every 15 years.

Yeah not saying I’d give ten firsts for Rodgers. Just saying abstractly 1 ring is worth more than ten first round picks. Of course in real life you can never guarantee your efforts will result in a championship.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because you don’t have to, he’s an older QB with probably at most two seasons in him and have to pay him $100M.  So why are we throwing picks that aren’t needed at him

Until we have a deal with Green Bay, we have to do more than we are currently doing to get Rodgers.  Perhaps if we wait it out, then the end result is that we don't need to throw picks that aren't needed.  

Right now, I don't know what the end result will be.  I like giving up contingency picks, because giving up higher picks would mean that Rodgers is doing great things for our NY Jets.  If he doesn't do great things, then all we are giving up is a 3rd round pick this year, and a 4th round pick next year.  

Do you think that Joe Douglas will do better than that?  I don't.  With contingency picks, we only give up higher draft picks based upon the Jets doing great things.  Personally, I have my doubts.  Will the Jets go to the AFC Championship game next year?  If so, then we would give up a 2nd round pick next year.  The second round pick would be at the very bottom of round #2.  Not so terrible if you ask me.

29 minutes ago, Alka said:

Until we have a deal with Green Bay, we have to do more than we are currently doing to get Rodgers.  Perhaps if we wait it out, then the end result is that we don't need to throw picks that aren't needed.  

Right now, I don't know what the end result will be.  I like giving up contingency picks, because giving up higher picks would mean that Rodgers is doing great things for our NY Jets.  If he doesn't do great things, then all we are giving up is a 3rd round pick this year, and a 4th round pick next year.  

Do you think that Joe Douglas will do better than that?  I don't.  With contingency picks, we only give up higher draft picks based upon the Jets doing great things.  Personally, I have my doubts.  Will the Jets go to the AFC Championship game next year?  If so, then we would give up a 2nd round pick next year.  The second round pick would be at the very bottom of round #2.  Not so terrible if you ask me.

Or GB has to come off their new demands, come down off thinking they’re getting a first for Rodgers, this years first.  
I don’t care if we get to the AFCCG.  I only give more for the SB.  I’m not giving a high pick for a game we got to with Sanchez.  Especially because AR12 could decide to retire after one season.  

On 3/20/2023 at 2:46 PM, Alka said:

But this isn't caving!  If the Jets get to the Superbowl, that would end 54 years of not getting there.  Giving up the #31 pick in the draft for that, almost every Jets fan would go for that.  If the Jets duplicated that again the following year, that would be a dream come true.  

You gotta look at the big picture.  And what do you consider the Jets not caving?  To me, giving up a 3rd round pick this year is not caving.  Giving up anything in the future is all conditional on how well things work out for the Jets.

It’s caving because there’s no reason to do it

Rodgers is not retiring and the Packers are not paying him 60 million to sit on the bench 

African American Reaction GIF

On 3/20/2023 at 2:51 PM, Gastineau Lives said:

The way people value draft picks is comical

I mean hypothetically trading two 31/32 picks two and three years down the road for two Super Bowl appearances and balking at this is one of the goofiest things I’ve read here 

There’s no reason to do it

thats like the Chiefs giving up 2 firsts when they signed Mahomes 

for what reason mate