New York Jets Joe Namath's Flight To The Los Angeles Rams... A look back at Namath

I am 1000% biased, but aside from Dan Marino, find me another QB who threw the ball like Joe did. I will never, ever forget the throw Joe made at Shea in the ACFFG against Oakland to Maynard down the sideline late in the 4th quarter in the swirling wind and freezing cold to send the Jets to their one and only SB. Who knew that would be the one and only AFCC game the Jets would ever host at home. Mind boggling. Thanks for posting that great memory!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

I am 1000% biased, but aside from Dan Marino, find me another QB who threw the ball like Joe did. I will never, ever forget the throw Joe made at Shea in the ACFFG against Oakland to Maynard down the sideline late in the 4th quarter in the swirling wind and freezing cold to send the Jets to their one and only SB. Who knew that would be the one and only AFCC game the Jets would ever host at home. Mind boggling. Thanks for posting that great memory!

The game... that play 2:37... "today" the refs may have probably called it incomplete ;) & don't forget Namath's dislocated finger... this game was 6 weeks after the infamous Hiedi game,

Jets beat the Raiders in the 1968 AFL Championship | NFL Films - YouTube

• Upvote 2

You are so right about the incomplete thing, especially considering the officiating of the 2020's still has no clue what is and what isn't a catch. Funny thing, I have the "Super Jets" CD burned into my phone, and I was in the gym today and that segment played. Things were so much more passionate and different back then (guess 50 years of losing and sh*t football has changed that). Merle Harmon and Sam DeLuca were the announcers, and their voices and descriptions of that game are still unparalleled., and the sound of the Shea crowd..I really miss those days.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1