Jets Sign Mecole Hardman

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

This is purely about replacing berrios.  Hardman is one of, if not the fastest player in the NFL....elijah moore is not getting traded

YES!!!!!

And replacing him with some one with upside. It seems like this replaces two bench guys, hopefully oopeing another spot for someone new rook or UDFA or FA that might be able to grow.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Well, we now have our punt returner.  I absolutely loved Hardman coming out of school, I expected him to havea  bigger impact in the NFL, but still like this addition a lot. 

We supposedly tried to trade up for him in the draft.  I think we had a deal in place with Philly until KC picked him just before Philly went on the clock.  Luck us, deal fell through so we kept our 3rd rounder and picked jachai Polite.

what do you think has held him back? i thought it was just who was in front of him, but he did get opportunities, it just seems like KC and Mahomes just dont targer anyone conssistenly enough for them to make big impact unless you are named Kelce or Hill...

How do you think he will perform as a return WR4/5 guy with A Rogers as QB? do you think he can be a 5 or 6 TD guy here?

I've followed Hardman's career since he's been in the league.  Mac wanted to draft this kid bad naturally outmaneuvered himself.

He's fast as lightning.  Didn't mature as a route runner like KC would've liked but he provided explosive potential that defenses always had to account for. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I like this signing. Probably got him for cheap. Decent slot/ gadget wr and good kick returner.

1. Garret wilson

2. Allen lazard

3. Elijah moore

4. Cory davis

5. Mecole hardman.

6. Mimmsy 

still thinking Cory Davis might get cut or traded. But if not this is a pretty damn good group of wrs.

I dont know how you put davis above him, I feel like Davis will be off team but even if he is on I think he will be the alternat to Lazard. and Elijah and Hardman will be the slot WR3 guy rotating. After last season I dont think Moore spot is secure. I think him and Hardman will be playing against each other for time and that one of them if they catch rogers favor and perform well can take that spot over. 

And i think hope that they also compete for returns too. I love to have them both returin ghte ball

1. Garret wilson

2. Allen lazard

3. Elijah moore

4. Mecole hardman.

5. Cory davis

6. Mimmsy 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Yeah F U schefty boy

This dude probably thinks he has an opportunity to finally make his mark. He knows Rogers favors dude and that as far as speed goes he has the advantage, he just saw what ol boy did in Green Bay. Even figuring in Garret and Lazard this did is just imaging the 9 route for NY all day. 

Like the enthusiam. Imagine if we were banking on Zach wilson to be Qb, no way he signs here.

8 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

So, the slowest of the bunch is the best WR in the league while the speedsters are mediocre at best.  Tell me why the 40 is so important again?

Having the best 40 time just means you're the fastest, not the best WR. His speed is definitely a big part of what makes his a useful NFL WR. He can eat up big chunks of yards quick and it's another thing defenses will have to respect. 

Not sure why people are so mad about 40 times all the sudden?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I like this signing. Probably got him for cheap. Decent slot/ gadget wr and good kick returner.

1. Garret wilson

2. Allen lazard

3. Elijah moore

4. Cory davis

5. Mecole hardman.

6. Mimmsy 

still thinking Cory Davis might get cut or traded. But if not this is a pretty damn good group of wrs.

I assume one of Moore, Mims or Davis will not be on the team.  Likely Davis.

• Upvote 3

Seeing all over Twitter that this means we are including Elijah Moore in the Rodgers deal. I really don’t think one has to do with the other. Hardman and Moore will play 2 different roles. If Moore is included, then wouldn’t be shocked if we actually bring Davis back or sign OBJ and cut Davis.  Make it a complete overhaul other than Wilson. 

• Upvote 2