Jets Sign Mecole Hardman

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Having the best 40 time just means you're the fastest, not the best WR. His speed is definitely a big part of what makes his a useful NFL WR. He can eat up big chunks of yards quick and it's another thing defenses will have to respect. 

Not sure why people are so mad about 40 times all the sudden?

The Miserabs are running out of material....

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

I assume one of Moore, Mims or Davis will not be on the team.  Likely Davis.

Davis...I also wouldn't rule out Moore joining Davis to GB..I say this based on what @football guy mentioned yesterday that GB wants another player to take on more $$

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Hardman has produced out of the slot (Elijah Moore's position).

For his career:

Slot left: 288 routes - 29 rec, 550 yd, 5 TD

Slot right: 282 routes - 34, 495, 5

Wide left: 311 routes - 36, 386, 0

Wide right: 256 - 35, 421, 3

• Upvote 1

Nice pickup, essentially replaces Berrios and hopefully for less money.

He's a very good return man, with ridiculous speed. Adds a lot of value on gadget plays on O, with deep threat ability as a WR.

He never really turned into the consistent all-around weapon that KC envisaged, but he's a very nice depth addition with a lot of natural talent.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

He underwent surgery Feb. 21. Have to think he will miss OTAs in May/June.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Question with Hardman is health. He missed final 9 games and the Chiefs’ divisional playoff game with what the team called a pelvic injury. Returned to catch two passes for 10 yards in the AFC Championship Game but sat out Super Bowl LVII. #Jets

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Seeing all over Twitter that this means we are including Elijah Moore in the Rodgers deal. I really don’t think one has to do with the other. Hardman and Moore will play 2 different roles. If Moore is included, then wouldn’t be shocked if we actually bring Davis back or sign OBJ and cut Davis.  Make it a complete overhaul other than Wilson. 

#Jets just got a faster and better version of Braxton Berrios for Braxton Berrios money. There’s not a lot to be confused about.

44 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

So, the slowest of the bunch is the best WR in the league while the speedsters are mediocre at best.  Tell me why the 40 is so important again?

4.5 is not slow. Imagine a WRs who runs a 7.5 second 40 yard dash running routes. Speed matters. 

The 40 times allows you assess a baseline of speed. Once you are above that baseline (probably somewhere around 4.65-4.70) then it’s less important. 

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Irony in this is that Gase pounded the table for Hardman but Maccagnan refused to move up to 56 for him. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for Gase. 

My guess is he's coming in to replace Berrios as the top PR/offensive weapon, but can't rule out more movement

Could both Davis & Moore be moved to regain whatever picks we give up for Rodgers?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So Lazard isn't a #2?

No, I don't think he is.  He's a nice possession receivers - but if we want to have a truly prolific offense - an offense that can carry you to an NFL championship - with a 40 year old QB.  You need a legitimate #2 WR.  Neither Lazard or Moore are that.

Wilson, WR2, Lazard, Moore and Hardman - that gives you give guys - even with a 40 year old Rodgers that can be quite formidable.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

4.5 is not slow. Imagine a WRs who runs a 7.5 second 40 yard dash running routes. Speed matters. 

The 40 times allows you assess a baseline of speed. Once you are above that baseline (probably somewhere around 4.65-4.70) then it’s less important. 

It's honestly more change of direction and acceleration than straight line speed, 3 cone type stuff.

And, you know, running routes, having good hands, being able to time a jump to correctly high point a catch, knowing the offense.  Crap like that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, I don't think he is.  He's a nice possession receivers - but if we want to have a truly prolific offense - an offense that can carry you to an NFL championship - with a 40 year old QB.  You need a legitimate #2 WR.  Neither Lazard or Moore are that.

Wilson, WR2, Lazard, Moore and Hardman - that gives you give guys - even with a 40 year old Rodgers that can be quite formidable.  

We will disagree

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure a gm signs a guy for 44 million dollars to be your 3rd or 4th WR. Lazard is the number 2 weather you like it or not.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Not sure a gm signs a guy for 44 million dollars to be your 3rd or 4th WR. Lazard is the number 2 weather you like it or not.

We'll see - but I'm pretty confident JD is going to bring in another WR like OBJ.  My sense is OBJ will be a Jets - once the Rodgers thing is figured out.

• Sympathy 1