NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

... Moore can be an amazing player still ... The talent is there... Can he check his ego and play the damn game is the question.

I will not be surprised if he blows up in Cleveland and becomes a force.

But he sh*t all over the Jets locker room, stopped caring, ran lazy routes and forced his way out. So addition by subtraction for the Jets unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I just wasn’t impressed by anything Moore did on the field.  His ceiling is Crowder or Kerley.  I’m sure he will have a better season with Watson but i didn’t see elite playmaker athleticism or skill

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i don't think he is better than lazard when accounting for all facets of the game, as well as off-field matters, including being a good teammate.

Lazard is unquestionably a better blocker.

Lazard, frankly, is a meh WR.  He has potential to be more, but so far, decidedly meh.

Of course, same can be said for Moore.  He's all potential at this point.  

I expect Moore to have a good season in Cleveland, no Zach Wilson stinking up the joint, no "all passes must go to G.Wilson or a TE" laser focus as it was with Z. Wilson as well (pre-Moore's outburst).  I'm still convinced the variance between Moore with and without Z.Wilson is that midget Z.Wilson couldn't see Moore.  Not because Moore was "dogging routes" as the narrative has become.

Regardless, I don't care about Moore now.  I just hope we field a WR unit that doesn't suck. 

Today, we have one good WR, Wilson.  One good blocking WR, Lazard.  And piss all after that.  That needs fixed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Lazard, frankly, is a meh WR.  He has potential to be more, but so far, decidedly meh.

I expect Moore to have a good season in Cleveland, no Zach Wilson stinking up the joint, no "all passes must go to G.Wilson or a TE" laser focus as it was with Z. Wilson as well (pre-Moore's outburst).  I'm still convinced the variance between Moore with and without Z.Wilson is that midget Z.Wilson couldn't see Moore.  Not because Moore was "dogging routes" as the narrative has become.

Regardless, I don't care about Moore now.  I just hope we field a WR unit that doesn't suck. 

Today, we have one good WR, Wilson.  One good blocking WR, Lazard.  And piss all after that.  That needs fixed.

Lazard is a good receiver.  He is not a great receiver, but he is a good one.  Wilson is good receiver that might be a great one.  Hardman is not bad and there is no reason to think he is any worse than Moore.  

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Lazard is a good receiver.  He is not a great receiver, but he is a good one.

Agree to disagree.  I like him more as a blocker than anything else.  His resume as a pass catcher, given who his QB is, is entirely unimpressive.

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Hardman is not bad and there is no reason to think he is any worse than Moore.  

Hardman is a JAG, a Berrios-alike.  If he plays any significant time, I think we're in deep trouble at WR, even with Rodgers.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agree to disagree.  I like him more as a blocker than anything else.  His resume as a pass catcher, given who his QB is, is entirely unimpressive.

Hardman is a JAG, a Berrios-alike.  If he plays any significant time, I think we're in deep trouble at WR, even with Rodgers.  

color me totally unimpressed with Lazard and Hardman.  Hardman can help out on ST I guess.  A WR simply must be at play in the draft, trade down somewhere because we need enough picks to get a 2 OL, DL, S, LB and a WR (assuming Corey Davis is headed to Packers).

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't love Mecole Hardman, but he played 44%, 45%, 52% and 25% of the snaps for the Chiefs who went to three super bowls and won two during that span.   The idea that we are screwed if he gets playing time is silly.  I think you have an exaggerated idea of what is in NFL WR rooms.  Everybody does not have Rice and Taylor, and that is fine.   Right now they have 4 NFL WRs and Denzel Mims (reminds me of 9 NBA all-stars and Danny Ainge!).  They probably will add more.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Call me a Zach truther or whatever, but all the issues were LaFleur. You know what Zach's biggest weakness was coming out of college? The throws in the flat. What does LaFleur do? Calls it all the time. Zach still struggles with it. What does Zach do well? RPO option OUT patterns, roll outs, What does LaFleur do? Calls them basically never. LaFleur was the issue not Zach. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Call me a Zach truther or whatever, but all the issues were LaFleur. You know what Zach's biggest weakness was coming out of college? The throws in the flat. What does LaFleur do? Calls it all the time. Zach still struggles with it. What does Zach do well? RPO option OUT patterns, roll outs, What does LaFleur do? Calls them basically never. LaFleur was the issue not Zach. 

Excited Gold GIF

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I still maintain despite all the excuse mongering for Douglas that he got fleeced in that trade and then fleeced in the Rodgers deal.

Will it work out for us?  We are in better shape now to make noise than any other recent seasons but he still got taken to the cleaners on those deals.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dude managed to turn a malcontent box safely into the oroy and droy. 

Can't win em all.

He deserves a medal for the Adams deal and some of the other trades he has made, he had a spotless record in that regard.  Not any more.

Douglas has been brilliant in a large part of his job but has been far from perfect.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He deserves a medal for the Adams deal and some of the other trades he has made, he had a spotless record in that regard.  Not any more.

Douglas has been brilliant in a large part of his job but has been far from perfect.

Nobody's perfect. Ozzy drafted Kyle Boller... 😆 

Aside from the Steelers, who have an awesome organizational culture going back decades, it's pretty much a crapshoot. 

Joe is OK in my book.

• Upvote 3

Will be very curious to see how Moore does this year. There's certainly part of me that wishes we'd just kept him given we had a new QB and OC in the building but it's clear that culturally the guy was a problem.

Wouldn't at all be shocked if he had a big year with Watson. Of course, I also wouldn't be shocked if he didn't do much -- the "bad QB" argumen't didn't stop Garrett Wilson from looking like a superstar.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I still maintain despite all the excuse mongering for Douglas that he got fleeced in that trade and then fleeced in the Rodgers deal.

Will it work out for us?  We are in better shape now to make noise than any other recent seasons but he still got taken to the cleaners on those deals.

Fleeced is pretty harsh.  They were moving on from a guy they presumably felt that had to move culturally.  It's pretty tough to get super value there.  They aren't going to get back the round he was drafted in.  The player and deal was fairly similar to the Giants moving Kadarius Toney, but the Jets do look a bit worse since the regime that picked Moore is still in power, while Daboll was just ridding himself of a past headache..  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Please 

Moore has been a camp warrior from the day he was drafted 

Little fast guys always look great in mini-camp.  They start looking worse when guys are crushing them at the line and LBs are forearming their face before they get out in routes.  Doesn't mean he will fall off a cliff, but if a small quick guy isn't looking good now it is a very bad sign. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets signing Rodgers is like when that broke family spends the entire tax refund on a trip to Disney world. when there's a leak in the roof, no savings, cc debt, a car with problems - like a million other better ways to use that money

it's a pure short-term sugar rush play for 2022 so JD can get an extension (avoid getting fired for drafting Zach)  

long term it's a real questionable use of resources

Elijah Moore should be an excellent WR2 in CLE with Amari Cooper on the other side. Jets face CLE this year alot of people chalk that up as a win (on their way to 12-5) but the Jets are going to get everyone's best shot every week. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They were moving on from a guy they presumably felt that had to move culturally.  

if we accept that as gospel truth then isn't it on JD for drafting this mal content in the first place with a high rd 2?

all the character stuff people are talking about with Moore, it wasn't like a secret going into the draft. 

The guy was compelled to make a dog pee motion in the Egg Bowl and the PAT was pushed back 15 yards - PK misses and Moore essentially lost that game for Ole Miss on the Penalty. 

Joe Douglas was aware of this when he made him a rd 2 pick, right? 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if we accept that as gospel truth then isn't it on JD for drafting this mal content in the first place with a high rd 2?

all the character stuff people are talking about with Moore, it wasn't like a secret going into the draft. 

The guy was compelled to make a dog pee motion in the Egg Bowl and the PAT was pushed back 15 yards - PK misses and Moore essentially lost that game for Ole Miss on the Penalty. 

Joe Douglas was aware of this when he made him a rd 2 pick, right? 

I think I said the Jets look worse because these are the guys that picked Moore.  I also remember them saying that they had Moore and Toney ranked equally as receivers but Moore way ahead on character.  Ahead of Toney on character may be the most meaningless rating I have ever heard.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Little fast guys always look great in mini-camp.  They start looking worse when guys are crushing them at the line and LBs are forearming their face before they get out in routes.  Doesn't mean he will fall off a cliff, but if a small quick guy isn't looking good now it is a very bad sign. 
Just put pads on him.

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dude managed to turn a malcontent box safely into the oroy and droy. 

Can't win em all.

Meanwhile Chris Herndon has caught all of 4 NFL passes since JD moved him for a 4th rounder in 2021.

Herndon was also most recently listed as a Fullback, lol.  

• Upvote 1