NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

21 minutes ago, football guy said:

Everyone kept saying that Moore wasn't going to get traded, but it just felt like this one was inevitable. Given how the Jets are trying to build their WR room, I didn't see a scenario where Moore would get a second contract with us when his deal was up with all that money going to Garrett Wilson. Now the Jets will have a 2nd round pick at their disposal to invest in one of the draft's top centers while also giving them the ability to add OBJ if that's the road they choose to go down. 

As it stands: 

1. Garrett Wilson 
  2. Allen Lazard 
  3. Mecole Hardman
  4. Denzel Mims 
  5. Randall Cobb (soon) 

I take it you are assuming Corey Davis is part of the Rodgers trade.

Just now, Lith said:

Liked the Hardman signing a lot more when I thought it meant giving up either Davis or Mims.  Hardman is not a slot, not sure who we have right now who can play there. 

Anyone know if Lazard is an option from the slot?

I think I read somewhere that Lazard played a lot of snaps from the slot. Could be confusing him with someone else though

• Upvote 4

Just now, Lith said:

Liked the Hardman signing a lot more when I thought it meant giving up either Davis or Mims.  Hardman is not a slot, not sure who we have right now who can play there. 

Played a lot of "Big Slot" in GB

• Upvote 3

Ugh. Unless the plan is to make a move for Hopkins I’m not a fan. Would rather have Moore instead of Odell. Either way think they still need to add a receiver, unless they’re planning on featuring Hardman in a much more prominent role than they should.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Lazard can play out of the slot, Wilson can as well. Honestly it's the cheapest spot in the WR group to add. Presumably Cobb will play out of there some.

Also, Jaxon Smith-Njigba...

Think based on what GB did with Hackett they'll want to get bigger out of the slot which fits the run game more. Moore had a shot to be really good and I got the ceiling play but the pick initially confused me from the jump because he was a bit of a misfit for the MLF offenses he was drafted to play in - turns out that's what played out.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

For the 1st time in ages or maybe ever in the Douglas era, he got totally and utterly fleeced.

Gave you an upvote on this bechase it did not deserve the vitrioloic reaction it got.

This was a bad trade .... sold moore at the absolute bottom. He's a good WR.  The team didnt get better with this trade.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hardman had his best season in the slot

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Gave you an upvote on this bechase it did not deserve the vitrioloic reaction it got.

This was a bad trade .... sold moore at the absolute bottom. He's a good WR.  The team didnt get better with this trade.

What is Moores value then?