Dealing Elijah Moore Wasn’t Only Inevitable, but Necessary for Gang Green

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

It's a shame things didn't work out with Moore because he's insanely talented, but I think he sealed his fate when he took a sh*t all over Saleh's "positive vibes only" mantra.

But let's be honest, that 2 is probably heading to Green Bay for Rodgers.

Yes and Yes, totally agree. Good points Glenn.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Right.  Not pointing to you, but I guarantee there are those pointing to Moore's attitude issues and lauding the trade that are also suggesting that the Jets sign the ultimate problem child OBJ.  

I don't mind that they cast off Moore, but how do you do that and then sign a five alarm head case like OBJ ?

Maybe I’m just not remembering right but I don’t recall OBJ being a bad locker room guy. Sure he had outbursts on the sideline, but I viewed that as being very competitive and not being able to hold it in.  I remember him throwing his helmet at the kickers net and things like that, but nothing too toxic

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JetNation said:

Elijah Moore

As you know by now, Joe Douglas and the New York Jets have traded talented wide receiver Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns along with a 3rd round pick (74th overall) in exchange for the Browns second round choice (42 overall).

While there’s little denying Moore’s physical ability, it was his 2022 trade demand that made a move feel inevitable.

Not the trade demand on its own, because that happens all the time in the NFL.  It was the fact that Moore’s timing couldn’t have been worse, and the messaging was the nail in the coffin.

The timing of course came while the team was playing what may have been their best football in a decade, having won four out of five games which included a rare win on the road in Green Bay.  It was the fact that he didn’t get any targets in that win over the Packers that was too much for Moore to take.  He wanted out, and he let it be known.  And what about the messaging?

Moore’s head coach, Robert Saleh, had just spent several months driving home his mantra of “positive vibes only”, stressing the importacne of keeping negativity as far away from 1 Jets drive as possible.  But with a lack of targets, Moore told Saleh and the Jets as a whole, where they could stick that message.

In response, the Jets said all the right things publicly, but continued to leave him out of offensive game plans.  In fact, he would average just over 2 targets per game over his next five contests.  At that point, it felt as if the Jets had moved on from Moore and were preparing for life with out him.  A lift that now starts today.

The post Dealing Elijah Moore Wasn’t Only Inevitable, but Necessary for Gang Green appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Well said wish I was this eloquent. What a dumb move now he goes to Cleveland for his last starting season in the nfl

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's a shame things didn't work out with Moore because he's insanely talented, but I think he sealed his fate when he took a sh*t all over Saleh's "positive vibes only" mantra.

But let's be honest, that 2 is probably heading to Green Bay for Rodgers.

Positive Vibes Only was inane bromidic crapola but some stuff needs to be kept in house.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jgb said:

Positive Vibes Only was inane bromidic crapola but some stuff needs to be kept in house.

I agree in that these mantras pretty much make me cringe.  They're better suited for lower level football IMO but Saleh clearly likes them and Moore sent him a big eff you.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Reminds me of what I’d like to say every few months when HR at work comes up with another new buzz wordy initiative… but I happen to like being employed so like everyone else I just “The Emporer’s New Clothes” it and nod along.

They hand out a little red book of approved words in lots of places nowadays.  Have to play along in my job too.

• More Ugh 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If we accept that jd is doing this trade for the sake of the locker room we shouldn't forget that it was jd who drafted Moore at 34 in the first place 

The Jets basically traded a third and a second for a second and 1 year of Moore production 

This isn't such a hot trade value wise. CLE got the player with upside and JD took a loss on the deal 

The player they should be shipping out at a loss is really Zach 

Zach wilson is a bigger locker room cancer than Moore, by any measure 

Wilson is entitled.  Moore is selfish.  I'm sure if somebody offered up a 2 or a 3 for Wilson, Joe would do it.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

They hand out a little red book of approved words in lots of places nowadays.  Have to play along in my job too.

Feeding my family is more important than a cathartic explosion against what I think is dumb.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If we accept that jd is doing this trade for the sake of the locker room we shouldn't forget that it was jd who drafted Moore at 34 in the first place 

The Jets basically traded a third and a second for a second and 1 year of Moore production 

This isn't such a hot trade value wise. CLE got the player with upside and JD took a loss on the deal 

He just continues to get special treatment… no wonder he is entitled… it keeps getting validated again and again.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Wilson is entitled.  Moore is selfish.  I'm sure if somebody offered up a 2 or a 3 for Wilson, Joe would do it.

JD might be willing to lose draft capital in the deal to unload Zach and his contract ala Brock Osweiler. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

He just continues to get special treatment… no wonder he is entitled… it keeps getting validated again and again.

JD might be willing to lose draft capital in the deal to unload Zach and his contract ala Brock Osweiler. 

I think the special treatment ended when they benched him and followed that up by telling the world they were going to pursue a vet QB this offseason.  I'm sure they hope it shows the kid he isn't bullet proof.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I think the special treatment ended when they benched him and followed that up by telling the world they were going to pursue a vet QB this offseason.  I'm sure they hope it shows the kid he isn't bullet proof.

Special treatment doesn’t mean no negative consequences, it means getting off easier than he should have. We shouldn’t have seen him again last season on performance alone, not to mention the other stuff.

And now it sure seems likely he’s going to be gifted the backup role.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Right.  Not pointing to you, but I guarantee there are those pointing to Moore's attitude issues and lauding the trade that are also suggesting that the Jets sign the ultimate problem child OBJ.  

I don't mind that they cast off Moore, but how do you do that and then sign a five alarm head case like OBJ ?

How is he a head case 

lol this narrative is absurd

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You do understand that we can’t trade or cut Zach Wilson right? You understand the cap hit right ? Just making sure because….. nvm

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Special treatment doesn’t mean no negative consequences, it means getting off easier than he should have. We shouldn’t have seen him again last season on performance alone, not to mention the other stuff.

Ugh...Nauseating.  Him being QB2 is going to be a big topic on JN Radio tomorrow night.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

How is he a head case 

lol this narrative is absurd

You miss the meltdown he had a few weeks ago?  Was asked to get off an airplane and decided to go off on the passengers who had to leave the plane before him.  Screaming at them for being fat and ugly.  And I'm not just saying that because he's speaking to my fellow fat and ugly people, but because it's something a head case would do.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Reality of the NFL though.  Elite players or top 10 (even just first round picks) are given far more opportunities than others.  We can dislike it, but that's just the way it goes.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Ugh...Nauseating.  Him being QB2 is going to be a big topic on JN Radio tomorrow night.  

I won’t see him play. I mean he might, but I won’t see it because I’ll be doing something else.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Reality of the NFL though.  Elite players or top 10 (even just first round picks) are given far more opportunities than others.  We can dislike it, but that's just the way it goes.

I agree. That’s also the definition of “special treatment,” Glenn.

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

I agree. That’s also the definition of “special treatment,” Glenn.

Agreed. I was looking at the discussion as saying he didn't face any consequences.  You can face consequences while still getting special treatment.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. I was looking at the discussion as saying he didn't face any consequences.  You can face consequences while still getting special treatment.

I actually don’t care that much if he’s an annoying entitled brat… if he produces. But he doesn’t. And without an attitude change, I don’t see him opening himself up to what he must do to improve.

The only way to have any chance to change an entitled person’s mindset is to break them completely down then build them back up. The Jets chose a half measure. That never works.

Just now, jgb said:

I actually don’t care that much if he’s an annoying entitled brat… if he produces. But he doesn’t. The only way to have any chance to change an entitled person’s mindset is to break them completely down then build them back up. The Jets chose a half measure. That never works.

As I said, I'd bet they're hoping he'll wake up after they very publicly said he's going to be replaced this season.

As much as I don't love giving up assets for a one year rental, Rodgers might be the single best person for Wilson to sit down, shut up and learn from.

Just now, AFJF said:

As I said, I'd bet they're hoping he'll wake up after they very publicly said he's going to be replaced this season.

As much as I don't love giving up assets for a one year rental, Rodgers might be the single best person for Wilson to sit down, shut up and learn from.

“Hope” isn’t a strategy. They’ve already failed IMHO.

Just now, jgb said:

“Hope” isn’t a strategy. They’ve already failed IMHO.

But it's not hope alone.  They're going to keep working with him. 

And this is from a guy who expects Zach to fail at this point.  It's all mental for him and that's not easy to work through.  That's why Chuck Knoblauch and Mackey Sasser ended up moving to the outfield.

Given the number of mistakes this team has made in the past, I'd prefer they try another approach for a season before giving up on him this early.

• Upvote 2

But it's not hope alone.  They're going to keep working with him. 

And this is from a guy who expects Zach to fail at this point.  It's all mental for him and that's not easy to work through.  That's why Chuck Knoblauch and Mackey Sasser ended up moving to the outfield.

Given the number of mistakes this team has made in the past, I'd prefer they try another approach for a season before giving up on him this early.

Well, let’s see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat. Still think they haven’t done enough to break him down to make him coachable but what do I know.

I’m super negative on his future (obv). 

• More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Well, let’s see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat. Still think they haven’t done enough to break him down to make him coachable but what do I know.

I’m super negative on his future (obv). 

Same.  He looks as bad as I've ever seen a QB look.  Mechanics are a complete disaster and he's running from phantom pressure.  Lots to fix.

• Upvote 1

The more I think about it, I couldn't be happier Elijah Moore is off this team. All he brought was negativity and trade demands., while underachieving as a player. When the team sends you home, after you verbally destroy the offensive coordinator, during a winning streak, and instead of apologizing, you demand a trade, you don't deserve to be part of a potential winning team in 2023. You deserve to be playing for the Cleveland Browns.

And the additional 2nd round pick helps too.

• Upvote 2

more milfy wreckage. milfy could've tried to get moore back into the game plan. did he have real issues with zach besides not get enough touches?  maybe but his production fell right off the cliff when he told milfy to go f himself.  maybe he sealed his own fate.  and milfy sealed his own too by the way he failed to get his players to play.  i'm not so happy with the jets having to throw in a third rounder.  that's pretty high and is high enough to get some decent players in the draft.

9 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Maybe I’m just not remembering right but I don’t recall OBJ being a bad locker room guy. Sure he had outbursts on the sideline, but I viewed that as being very competitive and not being able to hold it in.  I remember him throwing his helmet at the kickers net and things like that, but nothing too toxic

So he's going to act out like an ass in front of the cameras in a packed stadium, but he wont act out anywhere else ??? He's trouble looking for an outlet.