Dealing Elijah Moore Wasn’t Only Inevitable, but Necessary for Gang Green

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

If we accept that jd is doing this trade for the sake of the locker room we shouldn't forget that it was jd who drafted Moore at 34 in the first place 

The Jets basically traded a third and a second for a second and 1 year of Moore production 

This isn't such a hot trade value wise. CLE got the player with upside and JD took a loss on the deal 

The player they should be shipping out at a loss is really Zach 

Zach wilson is a bigger locker room cancer than Moore, by any measure 

The Office Steve Carell GIF - The Office Steve Carell ...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

How is he a head case 

lol this narrative is absurd

Too many examples and not enough time.  

I think this example is a good demonstration.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/odell-beckham-fires-back-at-giants-gms-comments-in-twitter-tirade-says-hes-only-a-cancer-for-a-losing-team/

"Odell Beckham fires back at Giants GM's comments in Twitter tirade, says he's only a 'cancer' for a 'losing' team"

Right... So as soon as things don't go to an ideal and the way he wants it. he's on what he would call a "losing team" and he starts acting out while the rest of the team holds quiet and does their job like men. 

You are a loser on a losing team the second you start thinking and acting like a child when the day gets tough. 

I dont want him on my Jets.  I dont want to cheer for him.  If the Rodgers trade depended on it, I'd sooner go with any marginal FA QB out there and skip on both Rodgers and this OBJ clown. 

I was a third generation season ticket holder until they signed Michal Vick.  The day they did that, I called the Jets office and cancelled my tickets and moved my PSL. 

I can be happy with pulling for a team that does not win as often as the dynasty franchises, but some other things I cant stomach 

• Post of the Week 2

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

If we accept that jd is doing this trade for the sake of the locker room we shouldn't forget that it was jd who drafted Moore at 34 in the first place 

The Jets basically traded a third and a second for a second and 1 year of Moore production 

This isn't such a hot trade value wise. CLE got the player with upside and JD took a loss on the deal 

Moore sucked ass last year that just a fact.  I mean if you’re ok with a player that Demands a trade while his team is 6-2 and riding a high of positivity than that’s on you 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Too many examples and not enough time.  

I think this example is a good demonstration.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/odell-beckham-fires-back-at-giants-gms-comments-in-twitter-tirade-says-hes-only-a-cancer-for-a-losing-team/

"Odell Beckham fires back at Giants GM's comments in Twitter tirade, says he's only a 'cancer' for a 'losing' team"

Right... So as soon as things don't go to an ideal and the way he wants it. he's on what he would call a "losing team" and he starts acting out while the rest of the team holds quiet and does their job like men. 

You are a loser on a losing team the second you start thinking and acting like a child when the day gets tough. 

I dont want him on my Jets.  I dont want to cheer for him.  If the Rodgers trade depended on it, I'd sooner go with any marginal FA QB out there and skip on both Rodgers and this OBJ clown. 

I was a third generation season ticket holder until they signed Michal Vick.  The day they did that, I called the Jets office and cancelled my tickets and moved my PSL. 

I can be happy with pulling for a team that does not win as often as the dynasty franchises, but some other things I cant stomach 

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am getting the same feeling I did when they traded for Favre with Mangini in his second season (Eerily (almost) the same as Saleh). We were developing nicely and now seem to be selling(out) the farm for instint gratification.  This could so easily backfire, especially factoring in this is the Jets. Trading Moore? Yes I can see it, especially if a presedence is being set, but if we then sign OBJ it becomes counterproductive and worse. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am getting the same feeling I did when they traded for Favre with Mangini in his second season (Errily (almost) the same as Saleh). We were developing nicely and now seem to be selling(out) the farm for instint gratification.  This could so easily backfire, especially factoring in this is the Jets. Trading Moore? Yes I can see it, especially if a presedence is being set, but if we then sign OBJ it becomes even worse. 

I wish there was an icon for post of the year.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JetNation said:

Elijah Moore

As you know by now, Joe Douglas and the New York Jets have traded talented wide receiver Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns along with a 3rd round pick (74th overall) in exchange for the Browns second round choice (42 overall).

While there’s little denying Moore’s physical ability, it was his 2022 trade demand that made a move feel inevitable.

Not the trade demand on its own, because that happens all the time in the NFL.  It was the fact that Moore’s timing couldn’t have been worse, and the messaging was the nail in the coffin.

The timing of course came while the team was playing what may have been their best football in a decade, having won four out of five games which included a rare win on the road in Green Bay.  It was the fact that he didn’t get any targets in that win over the Packers that was too much for Moore to take.  He wanted out, and he let it be known.  And what about the messaging?

Moore’s head coach, Robert Saleh, had just spent several months driving home his mantra of “positive vibes only”, stressing the importacne of keeping negativity as far away from 1 Jets drive as possible.  But with a lack of targets, Moore told Saleh and the Jets as a whole, where they could stick that message.

In response, the Jets said all the right things publicly, but continued to leave him out of offensive game plans.  In fact, he would average just over 2 targets per game over his next five contests.  At that point, it felt as if the Jets had moved on from Moore and were preparing for life with out him.  A lift that now starts today.

The post Dealing Elijah Moore Wasn’t Only Inevitable, but Necessary for Gang Green appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Was Moore open in that game and ignored?   I mean if he had Alexander on him the whole game he may not have been open often 

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's a shame things didn't work out with Moore because he's insanely talented, but I think he sealed his fate when he took a sh*t all over Saleh's "positive vibes only" mantra.

But let's be honest, that 2 is probably heading to Green Bay for Rodgers.

Bottom line, he was a headache and not good enough to cover his bad behavior with his play. The reason OBJ and others like Owen's got away with it is they made plays. Moore catches a pass and forgets the toe drag and goes out of bounds. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This one kind of feels like when Mangini made Pete Kendall sleep in a closet during training camp and all of you hillbillies applauded it.

Eh, kind of a reach.

Kendall was a quality starting NFL guard for 10 or 11 years before the contract dispute with Mangini. Moore has been in the league for 5 minutes and his biggest claim to fame so far is demanding a trade during a 4 game winning streak. 

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

I think Bitonti's got a point here.

We did not get good value considering the investment and I think a lot of people here hate on EM who was upset at the OC we fired and the quarterback we hope never sees the field again.

Kinda feel like hindsight justified, perhaps not completely but certainly partially, EM's beef with the organization.

"My OC refuses to use me and my quarterback, the man responsible for my production, cannot get me the ball. This is my livelihood in a short term business, if you can't use me, trade me to someone who can."

Besides, EM was going into year 3 and was about to have Rodgers at QB. Thought it would've been wise to see what he can do this year.

First head-scratcher of the offseason for me. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, JetNation said:

Elijah Moore

As you know by now, Joe Douglas and the New York Jets have traded talented wide receiver Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns along with a 3rd round pick (74th overall) in exchange for the Browns second round choice (42 overall).

While there’s little denying Moore’s physical ability, it was his 2022 trade demand that made a move feel inevitable.

Not the trade demand on its own, because that happens all the time in the NFL.  It was the fact that Moore’s timing couldn’t have been worse, and the messaging was the nail in the coffin.

The timing of course came while the team was playing what may have been their best football in a decade, having won four out of five games which included a rare win on the road in Green Bay.  It was the fact that he didn’t get any targets in that win over the Packers that was too much for Moore to take.  He wanted out, and he let it be known.  And what about the messaging?

Moore’s head coach, Robert Saleh, had just spent several months driving home his mantra of “positive vibes only”, stressing the importacne of keeping negativity as far away from 1 Jets drive as possible.  But with a lack of targets, Moore told Saleh and the Jets as a whole, where they could stick that message.

In response, the Jets said all the right things publicly, but continued to leave him out of offensive game plans.  In fact, he would average just over 2 targets per game over his next five contests.  At that point, it felt as if the Jets had moved on from Moore and were preparing for life with out him.  A lift that now starts today.

The post Dealing Elijah Moore Wasn’t Only Inevitable, but Necessary for Gang Green appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

I am not going to get up on a horse and argue this that much, but I am not sure I agree. Moore's outburst was not purely selfish. It was handled in a terrible way for sure. But the real issue here was Saleh and LaFleur and their refusal to adapt the offense. Everyone at the time assumed it was aimed at Zach but it was aimed at LaFleur. If Saleh had for a second put the Jets first instead of protecting LaFleur and forced changes in the offense and the way LaFleur handled players a different story might have been written last year.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

I think the locker room stuff is vastly overblown. I think the reality is Moore isn't as good as a lot of you guys do. Garrett Wilson just had the best Jets rookie WR season ever with the same QBs Moore played with. 

Btw, if Moore has "upside," doesn't Zach Wilson also have "upside," considering that he's played in 5 fewer games for his career (22 for Wilson, 27 for Moore)? 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am getting the same feeling I did when they traded for Favre with Mangini in his second season (Errily (almost) the same as Saleh). We were developing nicely and now seem to be selling(out) the farm for instint gratification.  This could so easily backfire, especially factoring in this is the Jets. Trading Moore? Yes I can see it, especially if a presedence is being set, but if we then sign OBJ it becomes even worse. 

I look at all this as a logical move. If you are just conflating Rogers and Farve because Farve was more or less another legendary QB at the tail end of his career, ok, but if you look at the makeup of the Jets under Mangini to this team, we weren't a QB away from being a playoff team with Mangini, we are now. Also, everyone knew Farve was a publicity move and he wanted to go to the Vikes to stick it to GB for rightly making the decision to move on to Rodgers. This time GB is just saying it's time with only having Love who nobody even knows how he will impact the team. I don't think there is the same amount of bad blood. Yes, Rodgers is upset with them but he is not jumping ship to go to another team in GB's division and using the Jets as a vehicle to that end. I think The Jets sign Rodgers with the intent of keeping him on the team for 2 years minimum. Oh, and BTW, the Farve thing was going great until his injury ruined his season. We would have possibly made a deep playoff run had he remained healthy so if we get a healthy Rodgers, I expect more of the same because this is a better team than Favre was on.

As far as Moore, let's call a spade a spade. The guy needed to go. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I look at all this as a logical move. If you are just conflating Rogers and Farve because Farve was more or less another legendary QB at the tail end of his career, ok, but if you look at the makeup of the Jets under Mangini to this team, we weren't a QB away from being a playoff team with Mangini, we are now. Also, everyone knew Farve was a publicity move and he wanted to go to the Vikes to stick it to GB for rightly making the decision to move on to Rodgers. This time GB is just saying it's time with only having Love who nobody even knows how he will impact the team. I don't think there is the same amount of bad blood. Yes, Rodgers is upset with them but he is not jumping ship to go to another team in GB's division and using the Jets as a vehicle to that end. I think The Jets sign Rodgers with the intent of keeping him on the team for 2 years minimum. Oh, and BTW, the Farve thing was going great until his injury ruined his season. We would have possibly made a deep playoff run had he remained healthy so if we get a healthy Rodgers, I expect more of the same because this is a better team than Favre was on.

As far as Moore, let's call a spade a spade. The guy needed to go. 

You make  good points. I would counter that things were going well with Favre until they were'nt. Then the bottom fell out with negativity (Diva, special privledges, shared inappropriate pics with a female reporter, not a good teammate, etc.) We are now asking Saleh (who continues to be a work in progress) to manage an aging super star in Rogers and possibly a documented hired gun who has a history of causing issues when things don't go his way? Yikes!  I have some concerns to say the least. 

As far as Moore goes, it looks a bit foolish if in one breathe we are agreeing that "the guy needed to go" but in the next we are signing a guy that wears out his welcome quickly when things don't go his way.

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, kind of a reach.

Kendall was a quality starting NFL guard for 10 or 11 years before the contract dispute with Mangini. Moore has been in the league for 5 minutes and his biggest claim to fame so far is demanding a trade during a 4 game winning streak. 

Weird sh*t that everyone applauds for no god damn reason whatsoever and everyone jizzes to it. You want to hypercontextualize it then fine but this whole plan seems ****ed since Jump Street. Blind applause for the GM no matter what he does is par for the course with you people.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Weird sh*t that everyone applauds for no god damn reason whatsoever and everyone jizzes to it. You want to hypercontextualize it then fine but this whole plan seems ****ed since Jump Street. Blind applause for the GM no matter what he does is par for the course with you people.

mad people GIF

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Was neither necessary nor inevitable.

Mismanagement, same as usual with this franchise, and this specific GM outside the two rounds of the 2022 draft and a few sell off trades he’s made. 

I disagree.  Again the guy proved he was selfish by demanding a trade while the team was playing well.  Secondly he sucked last year.  The value was the best you were going to get.  

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

All of this would be a lovely children's fable to read if it weren't for the fact that they're courting Beckham at the same exact time.

You're reading JN posts to your kids when you put them to bed? At least skip over the bitoni ones, for their sake.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

So he's going to act out like an ass in front of the cameras in a packed stadium, but he wont act out anywhere else ??? He's trouble looking for an outlet. 

That stuff was also 5+ years ago. It’s not like he was fighting with his teammates or yelling at the coaches. People change and mature as they get into their 30s. You are acting like he shot someone when all he did was throw a helmet a net. Big deal 

6 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

That stuff was also 5+ years ago. It’s not like he was fighting with his teammates or yelling at the coaches. People change and mature as they get into their 30s. You are acting like he shot someone when all he did was throw a helmet a net. Big deal 

True,  People can make progress.  But In this case, I'd say... You'll be sorry. 

39 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I disagree.  Again the guy proved he was selfish by demanding a trade while the team was playing well.  Secondly he sucked last year.  The value was the best you were going to get.  

Every NFL player is selfish. None more than AR.

Moore did not suck last year. The Jets QB’s, especially ZW, sucked.

We lost value here, we did not gain value.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Every NFL player is selfish. None more than AR.

Moore did not suck last year. The Jets QB’s, especially ZW, sucked.

Question:

How is it that Garrett Wilson was able to have the best season we've ever seen from a rookie Jets WR with the same QBs Moore played with? 

Seems to me like Moore kinda sucked. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

All of this would be a lovely children's fable to read if it weren't for the fact that they're courting Beckham at the same exact time.

You're not wrong about the double standard over Moore being a selfish diva, but I think you guys are overrating Moore from a talent perspective. He was not good last year. Even his rookie year was pretty meh, production-wise. 

We didn't have to trade him, but the idea that he's a budding star remains to be seen, to say the least. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

You make  good points. I would counter that things were going well with Favre until they were'nt. Then the bottom fell out with negativity (Diva, special privledges, shared inappropriate pics with a female reporter, not a good teammate, etc.) We are now asking Saleh (who continues to be a work in progress) to manage an aging super star in Rogers and possibly a documented hired gun who has a history of causing issues when things don't go his way? Yikes!  I have some concerns to say the least. 

As far as Moore goes, it looks a bit foolish if in one breathe we are agreeing that "the guy needed to go" but in the next we are signing a guy that wears out his welcome quickly when things don't go his way.

To be honest, I would be shocked if OBJ is on this team next season. I think the ACL will be a huge red flag for JD with the injury history this team has had as of late. Even if he passes a physical, OBJ whole thing was his ability to cut. That puts tremendous  pressure on that injury if he is to play like he does and it's  probably  why he has had his second ACL injury. I believe Cobb with be a Jet but that will be the end of the Rodgers team. That retired TE isn't  coming either. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Btw, if Moore has "upside," doesn't Zach Wilson also have "upside," considering that he's played in 5 fewer games for his career (22 for Wilson, 27 for Moore)? 

Moore produces when given targets

Wilson doesn't produce no matter how many chances he's given 

Wilson does have upside in the same way that Geno Smith had upside 

Wilson could be a good QB he just needs like 10 years to learn how to be a functional adult 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Moore produces when given targets

Wilson doesn't produce no matter how many chances he's given 

Wilson does have upside in the same way that Geno Smith had upside 

Wilson could be a good QB he just needs like 10 years to learn how to be a functional adult 

I hear you, but part of getting targets is getting open and not dogging routes. There was a lot of bad tape on Moore posted here last year. He didn't have a a single big game and I can't blame that all on the OC or his QBs. The reality is that a lot of us were expecting him to be the best WR on the team in year 2 and he was badly outshined by a rookie. 

We'll see what he ends up being in Cleveland, but I don't think his value was anything more than a 3rd round pick given his meager production over his first 2 years in the league. I DO think he has upside and can be better than he showed as a Jet. 

• Upvote 1