Dealing Elijah Moore Wasn’t Only Inevitable, but Necessary for Gang Green

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Moore produces when given targets

Wilson doesn't produce no matter how many chances he's given 

Wilson does have upside in the same way that Geno Smith had upside 

Wilson could be a good QB he just needs like 10 years to learn how to be a functional adult 

Dont you think with this cap crunch that if Jets coaches felt Moore was doing his job and getting open but the QBs werent delivering,  they wouldnt trade a talented player to sign a more expensive player at that same position?  

Have you studied Moore s film and analyzed just how often he is open and how much separation he gets?   He was touted as having blazing speed out of college but I ve never seen that speed on game day-  when was the last time he was wide open on a deep pass?

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Have you studied Moore s film and analyzed just how often he is open and how much separation he gets?    

Stats prove Moore was one of the most open receivers in football last year, early in the season 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/09/26/ny-jets-elijah-moore-open-film/

I don't believe the Jets hate Moore or really even want to give up on him.

What happened was they needed that extra 2 for whatever is happening in Aaron Rodgers land and figured the difference between Moore and OBJ or Moore and Hardman wasn't great enough to derail the Aaron Rodgers thing 

all roads lead back to QB

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think Bitonti's got a point here.

We did not get good value considering the investment and I think a lot of people here hate on EM who was upset at the OC we fired and the quarterback we hope never sees the field again.

Kinda feel like hindsight justified, perhaps not completely but certainly partially, EM's beef with the organization.

"My OC refuses to use me and my quarterback, the man responsible for my production, cannot get me the ball. This is my livelihood in a short term business, if you can't use me, trade me to someone who can."

Besides, EM was going into year 3 and was about to have Rodgers at QB. Thought it would've been wise to see what he can do this year.

First head-scratcher of the offseason for me. 

He played the personal crucifixion card.   Not the Zack sucks, Lefluer sucks card.  In hindsight, foresight and not being blind, kid is stupid, selfish and unproductive.   It’s a bad trifecta.

Its a shame because before he played a snap the entire coaching staff and Zach washed his balls publicly.

Had he just said To the coach and GM in private I don’t fit the scheme and want to be traded to somewhere I can be more productive no problem.  He pretended it was a personal vendetta.

I think it’s sweet justice if we get Rodgers and he’s shipped off to Cleveland.  The Jets are on a 1year SB or bust year and he’s an immature, developmental player.   

50 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He played the personal crucifixion card.   Not the Zack sucks, Lefluer sucks card.  In hindsight, foresight and not being blind, kid is stupid, selfish and unproductive.   It’s a bad trifecta.

Its a shame because before he played a snap the entire coaching staff and Zach washed his balls publicly.

Had he just said To the coach and GM in private I don’t fit the scheme and want to be traded to somewhere I can be more productive no problem.  He pretended it was a personal vendetta.

I think it’s sweet justice if we get Rodgers and he’s shipped off to Cleveland.  The Jets are on a 1year SB or bust year and he’s an immature, developmental player.   

I'm not saying he did himself many favors with the way he handled it. I think it was immature, but not unforgivable.

Just saying it wasn't the greatest value for a guy with his potential (and still on a rookie deal) and I'd like to have seen him with Rodgers and a new OC.

If it were me, I wouldn't have made this deal and be seemingly in on OBJ.

28 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm not saying he did himself many favors with the way he handled it. I think it was immature, but not unforgivable.

Just saying it wasn't the greatest value for a guy with his potential (and still on a rookie deal) and I'd like to have seen him with Rodgers and a new OC.

If it were me, I wouldn't have made this deal and be seemingly in on OBJ.

Were on a 1 year SB run, max 2.  He's a developmental player.  I would not like to see him.  I would like to see a solid veteran who's productive in a 1 and done run.  

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This one kind of feels like when Mangini made Pete Kendall sleep in a closet during training camp and all of you hillbillies applauded it.

Interviewed Fabini a few months back and reminded him of this story and Kendall saying he was happy Mangini "let me practice with the varsity today".  Loved Kendall.

On 3/23/2023 at 1:54 PM, bitonti said:

Stats prove Moore was one of the most open receivers in football last year, early in the season 

What happened was they needed that extra 2 for whatever is happening in Aaron Rodgers land and figured the difference between Moore and OBJ or Moore and Hardman wasn't great enough to derail the Aaron Rodgers thing 

Youd rather have Elijah Moore than Mecole Hardman?

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Youd rather have Elijah Moore than Mecole Hardman?

factually yes, and here's why 

Moore is 2 mil, Hardman is 6.5

Hardman is recovering from a major abdomen/pelvis injury, requiring surgery to repair

all those highlights of him as a YAC beast were pre-injury

Moore gets open more than Hardman (as in that link). He's also younger. 

The downside, Moore says controversial things and is kind of a jerk.

But Hardman costs 3x more and isn't much better a player, if at all. 

You make a statement and post a link but thats not confirming what youre saying- that he was one of the most open receivers in football.   It just says he was open “more than you might expect”.   
That said, can you explain why Flacco, Wilson and White didnt capitalize on these wide open opportunities?  Thats three different QBs!    In my opinion, he wasnt that open,  or  that reliable in his route running or catching.   And thats why they didnt prefer throwing to him.

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

factually yes, and here's why 

Moore is 2 mil, Hardman is 6.5

Hardman is recovering from a major abdomen/pelvis injury, requiring surgery to repair

all those highlights of him as a YAC beast were pre-injury

Moore gets open more than Hardman (as in that link). He's also younger. 

The downside, Moore says controversial things and is kind of a jerk.

But Hardman costs 3x more and isn't much better a player, if at all. 

Not sure where you are getting 6.5 mill

Cimini says 4.5 mill and says the contract allows them to spread it out over several yrs.   Considering they cut Berrios who was getting 6 mill, thats a cap savings.

FD96675D-3E7F-4F6E-83A2-8DCCF1DD20CD.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Not sure where you are getting 6.5 mill

Cimini says 4.5 mill and says the contract allows them to spread it out over several yrs.   Considering they cut Berrios who was getting 6 mill, thats a cap savings.

FD96675D-3E7F-4F6E-83A2-8DCCF1DD20CD.jpeg

As a berrios replacement he's not bad 

As a Moore replacement he's older, more expensive and more hurt 

Moore's catch percentage ranked him 171 in the NFL last year.  Being open is not proof of anything.  Just like QB's make reads on where to go with the ball, NFL defenses read offenses and throw coverage where the ball it going.  Being open is not a meaningful stat.  

The top NFL WR make catches when they are covered all the time for big gains.  That's what they get paid to do.  Getting open isn't the same thing as running good routes, not getting knocked off your route or making contested catches.  

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Moore's catch percentage ranked him 171 in the NFL last year.  Being open is not proof of anything.  Just like QB's make reads on where to go with the ball, NFL defenses read offenses and throw coverage where the ball it going.  Being open is not a meaningful stat.  

The top NFL WR make catches when they are covered all the time for big gains.  That's what they get paid to do.  Getting open isn't the same thing as running good routes, not getting knocked off your route or making contested catches.  

Another thing that really goes back to douglas, is that someone that size really isn’t going to be a lasting impact wr.  It rarely happens.  He’s not big, fast or elusive enough to be a #1, and truth, would struggle to be a true #2 on a lot of teams.  He was overdrafted and douglas got draft pick comp based on where he should have gone, early 3rd.

11 hours ago, sciond said:

Meh we can debate sh*t about this guy all day

I think the bottom line is that he is a tool bag and needed extraction form the locker room.

He can now commence crying with AJ

That's fine. But everyone knew he was a jackass before they used the 34 pick on him 

JD screwed up... Again