Elijah Moore’s got a couple things to say

slats

From PFT. Moore isn’t being too shy here, and he’s not wrong, but he doesn’t come across as the greatest teammate of all time, either. 

Elijah Moore excited to play with “a legit quarterback” in Deshaun Watson

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 23, 2023, 2:25 PM EDT

Elijah Moore is officially a Brown after the Jets traded him to Cleveland on Wednesday.

That trade should put an end to the constant change at quarterback  young receiver has played through since entering the league as a second-round pick in 2021.

On Thursday, Moore told Cleveland reporters how much he’s looking forward to playing with Deshaun Watson.

“He’s a legit quarterback,” Moore said, via Daryl Ruiter of 923TheFan.com. “It’s someone that has been doing some amazing things around the league. He has respect from everybody around the league. They talk really highly about him here and they believe in him, and man, with him being my quarterback, I believe in him too.

“So, I’m just grateful to be one of his guys.”

Ruiter noted Moore and Watson spoke on Wednesday after the trade was done and both were excited about playing together.

“When someone who’s as mobile as him, people fear with his legs as well, it just adds another element just to the whole game,” Moore said. “And you’ve been seeing that with what he does already… the games that he’s already played in. So I’m just super excited to be part of someone that can run, throw, do pretty much everything.”

Watson’s presence likely helps take the sting out of not being able to play with Aaron Rodgers, who has said he intends to play with the Jets in 2023.

“All I know is I’m a Cleveland Brown and I’m super excited to be here,” Moore said.

Moore admitted he may not have placed enough value on chemistry when he entered the league. But going through what he did in New York has changed his mind.

“I grew up in Florida and I feel like we have the mindset of kind of it doesn’t matter who’s back there,” Moore said. “So I kind of had to shift that a little bit because it does as far as chemistry. But man, if you put yourself in a position to throw with anybody and just put your trust in them — ‘cause that’s initially what it is. It really is trust. So if you trust them and they trust you, you can get anything done.

“Going through four quarterbacks I feel like was just a huge blessing for me because I got to see what that’s like, and now with being with someone like Deshaun, it’ll just make life way easier.”

Moore 43 passes for 538 yards with five touchdowns as a rookie and 37 passes for 446 yards with one TD in 2022.

• Upvote 1

Watson, Moore, Cooper, Peoples-Jones, Chubb, Hunt, Njoku and probably a top 3-5 OL unit if healthy. Browns’ offense is going to be super dynamic and Moore is going to shine, so good for him. 

Also, look for the Browns to adjust their offense a little more to Watson’s skill set. Lot of shotgun/spread formation and inside zone runs similar to what Philly does for Hurts.

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Nothing bad here. It's actually more restrained and forward looking than I expected. Jets receivers were frankly put through hell the last couple of years.

Same I thought it was going to be bad. He called the 4 QBs a good experience, that is a positive spin if one ever existed.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson was ungodly bad, but he was even worse than that when throwing to his left. 

Moore should have known that and run right. He couldn't have made the situation with LaFleur any worse.  :)

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Nothing bad here. It's actually more restrained and forward looking than I expected. Jets receivers were frankly put through hell the last couple of years.

Last couple of years? That’s very generous. I’d say last decade and a half, save for one fluke Beard season. 

56 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Watson, Moore, Cooper, Peoples-Jones, Chubb, Hunt, Njoku and probably a top 3-5 OL unit if healthy. Browns’ offense is going to be super dynamic and Moore is going to shine, so good for him. 

Also, look for the Browns to adjust their offense a little more to Watson’s skill set. Lot of shotgun/spread formation and inside zone runs similar to what Philly does for Hurts.

Hunt is a FA

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Only need one: Zach sucks more than almost any other 1st round QB ever.

But that doesn't work because Garrett Wilson exists. 

I'll ask it again - How was Garrett Wilson able to have the best season we've ever seen from a Jets rookie WR with the same QBs that prevented Elijah Moore from achieving even mediocre production?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1