Elijah Moore’s got a couple things to say

slats

10 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

GW is a better player than Moore but his game also suffered also when ZW played. Look at the numbers. In 6 games against Pitt, Miami, Denver, Green Bay, 2nd game against New England, and Jacksonville, GW's total production was 16 catches for 142 yards. That's pathetic. Out of the 9 games Zach played he had 3 decent games which accounted for 18 for 305 yards. Total was 34 catches for 447 yards. Totals when somebody else was throwing the ball was 49 for 656 in only 8 games. ZW sucks and he brought the whole team down with him including Garrett Wilson. 

I agree but the enormous difference between Garrett Wilson and Moore with any QB playing illustrates my point - Moore isn’t a top banana. He’s a second or third option at best and we got early third round value. I’m not sure I would have traded him, but the value we got for him is fine. 

• Upvote 1

GW is a better player than Moore but his game also suffered also when ZW played. Look at the numbers. In 6 games against Pitt, Miami, Denver, Green Bay, 2nd game against New England, and Jacksonville, GW's total production was 16 catches for 142 yards. That's pathetic. Out of the 9 games Zach played he had 3 decent games which accounted for 18 for 305 yards. Total was 34 catches for 447 yards. Totals when somebody else was throwing the ball was 49 for 656 in only 8 games. ZW sucks and he brought the whole team down with him including Garrett Wilson. 
Let's say it again for the millionth time ...

Zach needed coaching he never got ... He was thrust into the starting role too early ... And not developed

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Zach needed coaching he never got ... He was thrust into the starting role too early ... And not developed

All true. Don’t forget the entire coaching staff was all new and still installing the system. A year or two behind Rodgers could very well… 

• Upvote 2

There is nothing wrong with what he said.  He praised his new opportunity.  As far as the legit QB comment, get over it.  Not only was Zach ranked around 40 in many QB ratings, but he specifically ignored Moore.  Game film showed he was open on many plays where Zach found no option.  

Just an observation from a season ticket holder.  On TV you didn't see the dozens of demonstrative gestures made by Garrett Wilson, often waving his arms in frustration after plays.  These blatant moves convey the same message.  A clear sign of how bad things were, coming from Zach's favorite target.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This is true but most top QB picks are staring from day 1. He just hasn't developed at all unlike guys like Lawrence and Fields who have made progress in their second years. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Or how about don’t draft a QB # 2 overall in the first place if he isn’t remotely pro-ready.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

There is nothing wrong with what he said.  He praised his new opportunity.  As far as the legit QB comment, get over it.  Not only was Zach ranked around 40 in many QB ratings, but he specifically ignored Moore.  Game film showed he was open on many plays where Zach found no option.  

Just an observation from a season ticket holder.  On TV you didn't see the dozens of demonstrative gestures made by Garrett Wilson, often waving his arms in frustration after plays.  These blatant moves convey the same message.  A clear sign of how bad things were, coming from Zach's favorite target.

He was/is a head case.  What he did last season was beyond selfish especially when the team was in the middle of a winning streak.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or how about don’t draft a QB # 2 overall in the first place if he isn’t remotely pro-ready.  

ZW was the consensus #2 pick. Yeah he sucks donkey balls however almost everyone called that wrong

4 hours ago, sciond said:

ZW was the consensus #2 pick. Yeah he sucks donkey balls however almost everyone called that wrong

Any tape showing Zach under pressure in college looks an awful lot like how he looked under pressure here.

Someone should have caught that and taken it seriously. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/23/2023 at 5:15 PM, slimjasi said:

But that doesn't work because Garrett Wilson exists. 

I'll ask it again - How was Garrett Wilson able to have the best season we've ever seen from a Jets rookie WR with the same QBs that prevented Elijah Moore from achieving even mediocre production?

I think the answer is in the article and it isn't him complaining about how Zach threw the ball, but that Zach didn't trust him.  His targets certainly fell way off when Zach took over from Flacco.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:45 PM, slats said:

“I grew up in Florida and I feel like we have the mindset of kind of it doesn’t matter who’s back there,” Moore said. “So I kind of had to shift that a little bit because it does as far as chemistry. But man, if you put yourself in a position to throw with anybody and just put your trust in them — ‘cause that’s initially what it is. It really is trust. So if you trust them and they trust you, you can get anything done.