Some inside info on Elijah Moore trade

16 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Moore freelanced his routes and quit when he wasn't the primary.  

Jets fans have certainly convinced themselves of this. 

How could  any quarterback trust a guy to be in a spot when he's doing that?  

As if Zach could see or hit him, lol.  Talk about deflection and rationalization.

Besides Moore was practically demanding not to be a slot receiver early on claiming to be a complete outside guy.

Moore wanted to be the #2.  And he should have been.

Zach and MLF treated him like the #5.

He didn't want the slot, probably because they make less money on the second contract.  

when in doubt, demonize.

I had huge hopes for Moore as a rookie and coming into year two and it's bittersweet to see him go, but it was time. 

By time do you mean mismanagement time? Can’t manage a player because you overvalue a sh*t QB, so we have to move him instead.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

I wasn't suggesting to "change the O," but in retrospect, it wouldn't have been the worst idea in the world after Breece and AVT both went down for the season in Denver.

Moore was obviously and actively being phased out of the offense by LaFleur and Zach.  We as fans are team oriented and generally have a tough time viewing things from a player's perspective, but at some point, a player needs to view things from a selfish business perspective whether we like it or not.  He's talented, he went into the year penciled in as the #1 WR, and he's playing for a second contract.  When the team appears to be actively phasing you out, it's only natural to feel slighted when you believe in yourself and your abilities.

Like I said earlier, he didn't handle things appropriately by blowing up and publicly demanding a trade.  I understand how and why fans turned against him at that point.  However, that doesn't change the reality that the Jets could have handled things better (again assuming what is being reported is actually true).  Some players need to be treated with kid gloves, and apparently Eli Moore is one of those players.  You can choose to be stubborn and make things worse, or you can choose to do your best to make the best of a situation with an emotionally sensitive player.  The Jets chose the former.

Your theory makes no sense.   He did have great things expected of him but came up small when given chances and dogged it when he wasnt the primary target.  Why would Saleh or Lafleur try to marginalize a “ great” player that could help them make the playoffs and solidify their jobs?   I think its more that his speed didnt show on the field and more often than not, he didnt come down with a contested ball.

As far as the Jets not babying him or catering to his sensitivity, cmon, its the NFL!   Grow a pair or GTFO.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

Jets fans have certainly convinced themselves of this. 

As if Zach could see or hit him, lol.  Talk about deflection and rationalization.

Moore wanted to be the #2.  And he should have been.

Zach and MLF treated him like the #5.

when in doubt, demonize.

By time do you mean mismanagement time? Can’t manage a player because you overvalue a sh*t QB, so we have to move him instead.

I think it was more about MLF than Zach ... 

Zach was lost with no coaching.

Moore seemed to be a great talent till last year.  MLF failed him just like he failed Zach.

I was not happy to see him go to Cleveland ..but i also think his antics last year were childish and they didnt stop ... he continued his bullsh*t after the fact on twitter. SO I understand the move.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 3/24/2023 at 1:01 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

Interesting stuff. 

The “not a single team called about Wilson” is directly contradicted by another message board insider on the BYU board. 

Right after the season they said Wilson’s agent was told by the Jets that were called by numerous teams who said if they decide to trade Wilson they would be interested.  The Jets supposedly were not interested in trading.

They are now !!!

On 3/24/2023 at 6:40 AM, Green Ghost said:

“Banished” ? 

Going from Zach Wilson to DeShaun Watson isn’t a punishment. It’s a new lease on life.

Because Cleveland is where any player would want to go.  Just for the privilege of playing with sexual deviant Watson over HOF QB Rodgers.  
That’s a lease on life for sure

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because Cleveland is where any player would want to go.  Just for the privilege of playing with sexual deviant Watson over HOF QB Rodgers.  
That’s a lease on life for sure

I don’t think Watson’s teammates really care about the massage thing, and would definitely prefer playing with him over Zach Wilson (which is who I mentioned).

tbh I’d bet they probably relate more to Watson than Rodgers also. They probably have aunts and uncles Aaron’s age.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t think Watson’s teammates really care about the massage thing, and would definitely prefer playing with him over Zach Wilson (which is who I mentioned).

tbh I’d bet they probably relate more to Watson than Rodgers also. They probably have aunts and uncles Aaron’s age.

I don’t care about those not discussed by his behavior or his half assed explanations.  
Rodgers is a much better player.  Bottom line.  No one cares that he’s older than Rodgers.  Moore made it clear, it’s all bout him and getting his numbers over team success.  
And at the end of the day you’re in Cleveland.  That’s banishment from every angle.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I don’t care about those not discussed by his behavior or his half assed explanations.  
Rodgers is a much better player.  Bottom line.  No one cares that he’s older than Rodgers.  Moore made it clear, it’s all bout him and getting his numbers over team success.  
And at the end of the day you’re in Cleveland.  That’s banishment from every angle.

Donald Trump Whatever GIF by Mashable

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Last year, it did seem almost personal how little the quarterback and play caller utilized Moore.

I'm not defending Moore's handling of it, but considering how we fired LaFleur, benched Wilson (and aggressively pursued starting quarterbacks this offseason), I think in hindsight, Moore's position has been at least partially vindicated.

Off-field disasters aside, Cleveland has a lot of talent on that offense and a good play-caller.

This move could easily be viewed as a mistake in a year. 

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Unfortunately, a number of families have an uncle like Watson. 

• More Ugh 1

59 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

well .. they can circle jerk their touchy feely feelings with Watson to the basement while Rodgers leads and ascending team to the playoffs and gives them an example of how to play this sport at a professional level.

Edited by Dunnie

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Disagreement, as far as feeling completely opposite about the same players and same teams is so prevalent here, that is seems as if people disagree just to disagree. No way someone can look at going to Cleveland to play with Deshawn Watson and the worst franchise in football, can be an upgrade over potentially playing with a 4 time MVP with a top 5 defense and offensive weapons equal to or better than the Browns.  The only question here is, do the Browns win more than 6 games and do the Jets win more than 10 games. Not a “homer” perspective, like some of Les Miserables here in Jet Nation might think. Just fact, based on analysis from the entire country except a few on JN who get up every day to a loser mentality. Get out and enjoy life and the Jets actually having an exciting team. It’s good. 

8 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Disagreement, as far as feeling completely opposite about the same players and same teams is so prevalent here, that is seems as if people disagree just to disagree. No way someone can look at going to Cleveland to play with Deshawn Watson and the worst franchise in football, can be an upgrade over potentially playing with a 4 time MVP with a top 5 defense and offensive weapons equal to or better than the Browns.  The only question here is, do the Browns win more than 6 games and do the Jets win more than 10 games. Not a “homer” perspective, like some of Les Miserables here in Jet Nation might think. Just fact, based on analysis from the entire country except a few on JN who get up every day to a loser mentality. Get out and enjoy life and the Jets actually having an exciting team. It’s good. 

Do you want to make a $100 wager on the Browns winning more than 6 games? I’ll take that bet with you right now.

That Covid draft is looking poor right now for us.  Two guys at the top that were head cases - one fragile and the other selfish.  JD's trade up for AVT was great but then all those hybrid defensive guys at the end was just weird.

I'm pretty sure that draft would have been different if there was a normal draft process that year.  Zach certainly would have been exposed with more tape on him and Moore probably raises some red flags in the interviews with his immaturity.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's going to be a completely diff offense. But he has been there before so ....

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It won’t be different for him but the receivers will have a huge learning curve with him.   He demands perfection out of his WRs.    In an all on year I’d have to think they made him buy in to attending OTAs so they can get on the same track 

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Last year, it did seem almost personal how little the quarterback and play caller utilized Moore.

I'm not defending Moore's handling of it, but considering how we fired LaFleur, benched Wilson (and aggressively pursued starting quarterbacks this offseason), I think in hindsight, Moore's position has been at least partially vindicated.

Off-field disasters aside, Cleveland has a lot of talent on that offense and a good play-caller.

This move could easily be viewed as a mistake in a year. 

Jets have a lot of talent and a really good play caller.   It’s not a mistake, he’s the kind of receiver every team in the NFL has, he’s nothing special