Do you believe the Jets will send one of their second rounders to GB for Rodgers?

AFJF

Does GB get a 2 from the Jets for Rodgers?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Does GB get a 2 from the Jets for Rodgers?

• Yes
    • No

Like many, my initial reaction to the trade was "well, there's the pick you're using to get Rodgers", but I'm not so sure anymore.  Unless Woody forces Joe D. to do it, we never really see Douglas make silly moves which is what a 2 for a 1 year rental would be.

Apparently Schefter or Rap Sheet said as soon as the trade was announced that he wasn't so sure the Pack would be getting any of the 2's for Rodgers.

The Jets have other (although less desirable) options.  The Packers have none.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2

I voted no. Since #74 is gone, I am thinking the 4th and conditional 3rd-2nd-1st next year, depending on performance. 2025 pick if ‘24 is a memorable season.

It will also happen during Owners Meeting or get finalized during Draft. Both are dug in

Edited by 32EBoozer

I’m looking at it like this…. Both these GMs are good at this, and they both want/need to get this done. I haven’t made a prediction yet and don’t plan to.

Whatever the compensation ends up at is fine with me. I never want to see Zach take another snap with the Jets, and like it or not, all our eggs are in the Aaron Rodgers basket.
Despite what a lot of you like to think, at this point we have no other viable options. The Jets know they can’t trot out anyone else in September and still be taken seriously.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The most likely scenario is the one Wingo and football guy have presented—the compensation is mostly settled upon, but they’re haggling around the fringes about who picks up what percentages of cap hits for Rodgers and whatever player is coming back to the Packers. Jason OTC posted something recently that suggested Rodgers’ weird contract needed minor tweaking to offset cap stress for both teams. The idea that the Packers and Jets are still locked in a battle for picks seems unlikely considering the timelines and the fact that there are no other suitors.

i honestly think the packers are dug in on getting the 13th pick. if it was a second i think the trade is done by now

8 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i honestly think the packers are dug in on getting the 13th pick. if it was a second i think the trade is done by now

If the Packers demand was 13 from the jump and they hadn’t moved off of it, Derek Carr would be the Jets QB and the Packers would have been begging Rodgers and his agent for mercy this whole time.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Packers demand was 13 from the jump and they hadn’t moved off of it, Derek Carr would be the Jets QB and the Packers would have been begging Rodgers and his agent for mercy this whole time.

Or… (playing devils advocate here)

Derek Carr always preferred the Saints, and JD and Woody although “interested” always wanted Rodgers… and once they knew Rodgers was down for a trade, they moved on from Carr.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Or…

Derek Carr always preferred the Saints, and JD and Woody although “interested” always wanted Rodgers… and once they knew Rodgers was down for a trade, they moved on from Carr.

I have no doubt that they preferred Rodgers over Carr, but if the Packers weren’t serious about dealing Rodgers, I think they would have moved on. If Douglas is making the calculation that the Packers demands will diminish the closer they get to having to pay Rodgers and Love a combined $80 million in cash this year, it’s probably a good bet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If the rumors are true and the packers are still clinging to the hope that they can land a first rounder, when the packers finally come to the realization that it isn't going to happen, i doubt they'll settle going down to a 4th rounder in this years draft (considering we no longer have a 3rd). With the moore trade in the books, my opinion is the trade looks something like this.

2nd rounder this year, conditional 4th that can go up to a 2 or 3 next year (structured around playing time and how far the jets go in the playoffs) and potentially a player. Maybe the jets also swap 23' first round picks as well. This is still an over pay in my opinion but normally, to make a fair deal, it needs to sting on both sides. If this is close to what it takes, we just have to hope that some of the rumors were hearing about rodgers willing to play at a discount are true because any cap relief he can provide will help mitigate the loss of the draft picks. 

I could see a deal like that happening and then on draft day, a trade down or two happening to recoup the traded picks over the next two drafts.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

If just a 2nd was enough, this would’ve been done a while ago.

No other team will come close to matching that, even one ever decides to jump in, then go through ordeal of selling idea to rodgers. A good second is definitely the best they will do. They are not bringing him back. We can get him now for another late round sweetener, but packers will have to be forced to take what jets want tp give late summer.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Free agency began that day, and the Jets could’ve bid on other QBs if they wanted to..

If it’s true that they always preferred Rodgers and were not really willing to commit to any QB for 2+ years then that’s probably irrelevant. I’d find it hard to believe the Jets would go down this road without some kind of plan B in place, but they are the Jets.

11 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

After hearing another members post regarding the EM trade, I'm not so sure were sending a 2nd.  If it truly was EM being a dic* and requesting another trade it would make you think that his trade had nothing to do with the AR trade.

meh, if that post has any merit to it, the jets could of easily just decided that if we need to give up a 2, might as well go and trade moore since he wants out anyways. 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

If just a 2nd was enough, this would’ve been done a while ago.

That wasn’t the question. The question was if we thought either of the 2nd would be part of the trade. Not that that will be all of the trade.

I think it’s 43 and a conditional pick next year that ranges from 1st-4th.

Keep in mind that 43 and any one of our compensations except is missing the playoffs equals a 1st rounder FYI.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

That wasn’t the question. The question was if we thought either of the 2nd would be part of the trade. Not that that will be all of the trade.

I think it’s 43 and a conditional pick next year that ranges from 1st-4th. 

Just don’t see JD giving up a conditional pick that could turn into a 1. The jets are making this move to compete for a championship. 

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Just don’t see JD giving up a conditional pick that could turn into a 1. The jets are making this move to compete for a championship. 

If that condition is winning the SB? That would make no one care about that 1st.

1st: Win SB

2nd: Make AFCCG

3rd: Make playoffs

4th: Miss playoffs

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Like many, my initial reaction to the trade was "well, there's the pick you're using to get Rodgers", but I'm not so sure anymore.  Unless Woody forces Joe D. to do it, we never really see Douglas make silly moves which is what a 2 for a 1 year rental would be.

Apparently Schefter or Rap Sheet said as soon as the trade was announced that he wasn't so sure the Pack would be getting any of the 2's for Rodgers.

The Jets have other (although less desirable) options.  The Packers have none.

Packers receive: 43 & Corey Davis plus 2024 conditional 3rd that can escalate to a 1st if superbowl, 2nd if playoffs

Jets receive: Rodgers and 78 recovering a 3rd rounder. Value of swapping 78 for 43 is a 3rd round pick which was initially what I thought we'd be sending w/Davis this year.

• WTF? 1

I think a second this year and a conditional third next year is fair compensation but that Joe Douglas is better at this than I am and might do better. In the end, it’s Green Bay that has to blink, no matter how much they or their fans would like to pretend otherwise. If they’re holding out for a first round pick, JD will resume negotiations with them after he makes his selection at #13. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hard to know for sure without knowing the Jets' offer on the table, but without a 3rd now this seems more likely. Otherwise you're talking a 4th (or lower) or maybe only future picks.

Seems the most likely way they don't trade a 2nd is if this drags out past the draft outright, but who knows since Douglas seems a tough negotiator and - even if GB wants to publicly pretend otherwise - he has them over a barrel here. 

This is exactly how I'm thinking as well.  I think that if the deal doesn't get done, and Aaron Rodgers threatens to retire, then the Jets giving up a 4th round pick to Green Bay does nothing for Green Bay.  If I were them, I would be happy to let Rodgers retire, not get the 4th rounder, and prevent the Jets from getting Rodgers for 1 or 2 years.  

The only way that Green Bay is pressured, is that Rodgers must show up for work in Green Bay, forcing Green Bay's hand.  If the Jets are giving up a 2nd round pick to them, then that is added pressure, since giving up a 2nd round pick is significant, when combined with Rodgers showing up for work.  

In my thinking, the Packers would also get a 2024 4th round pick, that would transition to a higher pick, depending on if the Jets make the playoffs, and how far they go.  That is the deal that I would make.

I know this may be a long shot, but what is JD is even remotely thinking if 1 of qb they like falls he has better ammunition now to trade up ? He loves to trade up if thinks someone fell they didn’t think they could get. Also if packers butthurt psychotic front office thinks this is even a possibility , they will quickly make a deal before the draft. Because why take the chance your only viable option to trade rodgers now is going with top qb in draft. They would look really dumb, trying to beg teams to take rodgers then, or be stuck with him 23 and perhaps 24. With the skyrocket qb salaries, and rodgers insane contract and packers acting like idiots, this idea has to be brought up at 1 Jets drive. Never know who is going to fall in a draft, but I guarantee JD will be looking to see if player he likes falls. Either way Jets have to be growing tired of green back rodgers drama. 

• Upvote 1