FAVOR REQUEST

So, I think most everyone here knows I am a huge Kiss fan.  Haven't missed a tour since 1983.  Have already seen the farewell tour.  I tried to get tickets to the final New York show on Saturday, December 2, but no luck.  My wife made the suggestion that we drive the family down to New York on December, 1 for the weekend and I scalp a ticket.  Who knows, maybe the Jets will be playing a home game on December 3.

The favor is this: Does ANYONE know anybody who might have a ticket to that show who would be willing to sell it for a decent rate?  As of right now, the BEST ticket price I can get is the last row in section 210 (the very last row) for $700.  If possible, I would like to do a little better than that for obvious reasons!  

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, I think most everyone here knows I am a huge Kiss fan.  Haven't missed a tour since 1983.  Have already seen the farewell tour.  

Which one? This is like, the 14th "farewell tour". 

Just watch the youtube concerts from the 70's and save your money. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

700 for 1 ticket? Or 2?

stubhub has them in the 300s.

8440954C-9334-4DAB-93E9-178699B37D7F.thumb.jpeg.1a6c981afb851f22a85bdcc25b472fc3.jpeg

$700 Canadian.  the problem is it would just be me.  If you want to buy a single ticket, price goes up.  I was using Ticketmaster.com.  Stubhub seems to have a bit better prices.  Obviously it would have been great to get face-value, but it is next to impossible to actually do that, since Ticketmaster has legalized scalping for themselves.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

$700 Canadian.  the problem is it would just be me.  If you want to buy a single ticket, price goes up.  I was using Ticketmaster.com.  Stubhub seems to have a bit better prices.  Obviously it would have been great to get face-value, but it is next to impossible to actually do that, since Ticketmaster has legalized scalping for themselves.

Interesting. Sounds like you should buy 2 tickets and then sell 1 at a higher price ($450-$500). Thus bringing down the price of your ticket lol. 

• Upvote 3

Canadian, US, Euro, Russian ruble, Thai Baht, or Japanese yen. $338 per ticket to see a bunch of 65 year old men run around in spikes and make up is a total rip off. I don't care who they are, it is a 3 hour (at most) concert. These prices have gone so stupid I do not go to anything anymore. I am not supporting ticketmaster and their over inflated nonsense.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

If you are just looking for one ticket, be patient.  Prices will likely come down as the show gets closer.  Still 8 months out from the show, folks are putting tickets up and letting them sit.  Prices will drop - no need to buy tickets now unless you happen to stumble across a really good deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The box office always releases tickets the day of the show if the plan is to scalp tickets make sure you check the box office first there's a good chance you will get lucky....especially if you are looking for just one.  This strategy has landed me great seats for events at face the day of the show.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

If you are just looking for one ticket, be patient.  Prices will likely come down as the show gets closer.  Still 8 months out from the show, folks are putting tickets up and letting them sit.  Prices will drop - no need to buy tickets now unless you happen to stumble across a really good deal.

This is how they get you....people usually panic and just want to secure tickets and make plans when the right strategy is being patient and waiting till the last minute when prices drop.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, slats said:

If your wife is suggesting that you drive to NY to scalp a ticket to see Kiss by yourself, I strongly suggest you hold onto her. That’s a keeper. 

And come with me to hang out in NY after with the kids.

Been married for 22 years.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Canadian, US, Euro, Russian ruble, Thai Baht, or Japanese yen. $338 per ticket to see a bunch of 65 year old men run around in spikes and make up is a total rip off. I don't care who they are, it is a 3 hour (at most) concert. These prices have gone so stupid I do not go to anything anymore. I am not supporting ticketmaster and their over inflated nonsense.

Not that I am disagreeing with you.  But everyone has that one band.  This is my one band.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

That is EXACTLY what I am thinking.  No concert is ever sold out.  I can buy tickets on the street.   But I thought it might not hurt to put the request out on a NY Jets fanbase with a bunch of New Yorkers who might take pity on a fellow Jet fan who lives in a different country. 

Adam Sandler, if you are here, I'd buy you a beer.  Maybe even two!

I saw Kiss at the Lakeview Amphitheater during the New York State Fair in 2019. The show was amazing. When the concert was over, my girlfriend and I were walking out and some girl by us was feeling zero pain to put it lightly, and she kept on singing, "I was made for loving you baby, you were made for loving me." Lol

Hope you get the tickets, CanadaSteve. It's worth a deuce. 

• Upvote 1

Not to change the direction of this thread but I feel the same way... and honestly..I don't feel like I'm missing anything

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of buying 2 and selling 1 back. Youre far away… its way too risky to scalp. Lots of fake ix out there.

In other news maybe u can stay in aces ild house with the underground studio. It an air bnb now.

Finally i would like to say that 70s era kiss was a great band. Very underrated because of the make up / gimmick but lots of great songs. Ace and peter r my favs. Gene blows. 

Have fun!

46 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Not to change the direction of this thread but I feel the same way... and honestly..I don't feel like I'm missing anything

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Prices have gone insane no doubt but not sure I enjoy anything more than a good concert....to each his own no need to sh*t on someone elses good time.

Good luck with your search! I've thought about trying to get tickets for those shows too.

I've seen them 3 times - the best being the first MSG show after the Unplugged reunion with Ace & Peter and the makeup back on. One of the best concerts I've been to in my life and I've been to a lot.

8 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

+2.  I only saw Rush once, which is sacrilege considering I am Canadian. 

I've seen Rush over 40 times. I've been in Myrtle Beach for over 22 years I used to have to drive3 1/2 hours to see them, the only band I did that for as they are my favorite.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

If he waits even a few months there's no guarantee one of those geezers doesn't end up in a nursing home on life support before the concert happens. I used to be a fan of Guns N Roses, but I wouldn't waste my money seeing Axel Rose jiggling his belly like Santa Claus while he croaks out Welcome to the Jungle and Slash bulging out of his leather pants (although he can still play). Just painful. Better to remember the past through the haze of dreamy memories than see first hand what time does to rock stars.

It aint pretty.

19 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
46 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:
+2.  I only saw Rush once, which is sacrilege considering I am Canadian. 

Look up the story of the song, "I Think I'm Going Bald." Rush was touring with Kiss and wrote it to goof on them. Pretty funny the way Geddy tells it.

I know that story well!

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

get-off-my-lawn-grumpy-old-man.gif.600973cd33e2255908b6226dd16216ef.gif

On 3/24/2023 at 10:42 AM, CanadaSteve said:

Buy two, sell one for less than the other single tickets are selling for.  BOOM. Problem solved.  :)

On 3/24/2023 at 10:23 AM, CanadaSteve said:

So, I think most everyone here knows I am a huge Kiss fan.  Haven't missed a tour since 1983.  Have already seen the farewell tour.  I tried to get tickets to the final New York show on Saturday, December 2, but no luck.  My wife made the suggestion that we drive the family down to New York on December, 1 for the weekend and I scalp a ticket.  Who knows, maybe the Jets will be playing a home game on December 3.

The favor is this: Does ANYONE know anybody who might have a ticket to that show who would be willing to sell it for a decent rate?  As of right now, the BEST ticket price I can get is the last row in section 210 (the very last row) for $700.  If possible, I would like to do a little better than that for obvious reasons!  

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

I recently saw the Scorpians and the Who at UBS Arena ( didferent shows). When the shows were like 3 or 4 months in advance, ticket prices were about 200 for uppers and 700 on the floor. I bought tickets 2 weeks in advance in the uppers for about $45 each. Trust me, prices will come down. Nobody wants to get stuck with useless Kiss tickets.