Calais Campbell visiting with Jets

2 minutes ago, jtomm said:

Always liked this guy. He can help us in " spot-duty " . 

I just want to say that I know your avatar is Tom Hardy, who is a national treasure, but when it's slightly shrunken on the main page it looks like Brendon Fraser in The Whale and it is very funny to me.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MykePM said:

If Zach had developed into a competent QB, the plan to build a consistent winner  would have turned out perfectly.  The Jets would have made the playoffs last year, and by staying the course plus adding some complimentary pieces this offseason, they would have been championship contenders this year without the need to make big splash moves for older players.

Because Zach is not ready to succeed as a starting QB (if he ever will be), however, JD has been forced to deviate from the original plan.  The rebuild has worked well enough to make the Jets contenders everywhere else on the team except the most important position - and procuring a young QB who’s ready to lead a winning team immediately is near-impossible to do.  So, he needed to devote significant resources to get a veteran QB who’s championship caliber.  Believe it or not, of all the possible options, Rodgers is the best combination of high ceiling and smallest long-term impact on draft and salary cap resources.  Options like Carr, Garappolo, Tannehill, Minshew, etc. would have topped out at the 11-win season potential you mocked and Lamar Jackson would have required a massive and risky long-term investment.

The Rodgers move makes the Jets a win-now team, and that means filling in some holes with other older players in order to make a championship run.  I believe that JD will try to do this in a way that doesn’t cripple our future like the Rams and Bucs did recently.  Rodgers is likely to be the only one who will cost the Jets draft picks, and if players like Campbell and OBJ can be signed to short-term deals that don’t break the bank, the long-term success plan won’t be blown up completely.

The Jets still have a core of talented young players.  Best case scenario: championship run this and/or next season, continue to draft well while giving up only Day 2 picks for Rodgers, clear out the older players no later than 2025, and get back on the long-term success plan with Zach or another young QB we draft in the near future.

It’s pointless engaging with a fool like him. 

JD and Saleh have their own jobs to save…..After a terrible miss drafting Wilson, they have no choice but to make a pivot. Bringing in Rodgers not only gives them a 1-2 year window to go for it all(and immortalize themselves) it gives them a chance to reconfigure themselves long term at QB. If Rodgers does indeed give them 2 years, Zach will be done with his contract here, as they surely won’t pick up his 5th year option. It gives them the opportunity to assess the course forward in either finding another stop-gap, or throwing all their resources in for a QB at the top of the draft, or taking a later QB and taking the time to develop him. It depends on the landscape in 2 years. Bringing in Rodgers affords them that opportunity, where as if they continued to delude themselves into thinking Wilson is salvageable, or bringing in a lesser vet would have ensured their fate and they wouldn’t be here past this season…..

• Sympathy 2

25 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

If Rodgers does indeed give them 2 years, Zach will be done with his contract here, as they surely won’t pick up his 5th year option.

I'm not sure this is accurate. I could totally see a situation where the Jets have told Rodgers they will go all in for the 2 years (meaning use every asset to get him a ring and not draft a QB high). 

If it were me, I'd be planning a very rough 2025 season where we eat a lot of dead cap, have Zach on his 5th year option (the cheapest of the 4 fifth year options as he wont hit the playing time threshold) as the QB we want to give a final try with, if it doesn't work out, as I've heard many suggest, it would give the Jets a high pick in the 2026 draft to go for a QB.

I'm not saying that is the plan but I think there is absolutely a road map with Zach here in 2025.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, C Mart said:

He may not develop and ever work out here but we all should allow Hackett and this O staff a year or two to work with ZW. 

AR & even Lazard praise Hackett as a great teacher. As football guy has stated here a few times, MLF wasn’t able to teach or connect with ZW. 

Agreed! Not to mention there is a highly coveted QB coming out in 2026. The Jets should also be rich with comp picks assuming we are forced to let some players walk on 2025 due to the dead cap hits.

Edit - not the plan per say but a happy positive if "the plan" doesn't work out

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Sarcastic Rohit Shetty GIF by Amazon miniTV

I’m still laughing at how @shuler82 has reverted back to his old self again. This was his “thing” a few years back. Then when he had a family crisis, I reached out to him via DM’s, we talked over a lot of things and he apologized for acting like a dick on the forum.

Apparently the old adages are true. A leopard can’t change his spots, and a dick will always be a dick.

That said, I would revel in my purported role as Troll King.

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zeke, OBJ, Rodgers, Campbell etc.

Joe D has completely changed his philosophy.  Has seems to have bagged building a long term consistent winner.

Jet fans rejoice.  You are going to get your 11 win season, knocked out early in playoffs and then it crumbles and we will suck for the next 10 years again.

Stay the course Joe!  You are blowing it!!!!!!!!

I dunno. He's taking his shot while developing young talent. I don't see him changing his whole philosophy by any means. Hes already re-cooped the draft pick he will most likely give up for Rodgers. And I think the Moore trade was inevitable anyway. 

Yes, JD pivoted to win now mode. But he's not sacrificing the future of the franchise. He hasn't even pulled the plug on the Zach Wilson experiment, although cutting or trading him wouldn't make much sense anyway. 

It will be interesting to see what happens in the draft, what we give up for Rodgers if and when the deal is finally made, and how FA rounds out come training camp.   

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I dunno. He's taking his shot while developing young talent. I don't see him changing his whole philosophy by any means. Hes already re-cooped the draft pick he will most likely give up for Rodgers. And I think the Moore trade was inevitable anyway. 

Yes, JD pivoted to win now mode. But he's not sacrificing the future of the franchise. He hasn't even pulled the plug on the Zach Wilson experiment, although cutting or trading him wouldn't make much sense anyway. 

It will be interesting to see what happens in the draft, what we give up for Rodgers if and when the deal is finally made, and how FA rounds out come training camp.   

I hope not.  It feels that way though.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not sure this is accurate. I could totally see a situation where the Jets have told Rodgers they will go all in for the 2 years (meaning use every asset to get him a ring and not draft a QB high). 

If it were me, I'd be planning a very rough 2025 season where we eat a lot of dead cap, have Zach on his 5th year option (the cheapest of the 4 fifth year options as he wont hit the playing time threshold) as the QB we want to give a final try with, if it doesn't work out, as I've heard many suggest, it would give the Jets a high pick in the 2026 draft to go for a QB.

I'm not saying that is the plan but I think there is absolutely a road map with Zach here in 2025.

Agree to disagree....

What has Zach Shown to garner a 5th year option being picked up, and what opportunity will he get to show he's worth it given Rodgers presence here in the next 1-2 years? Some may say practice and around the facility will give him the opportunity, but I wouldn't. I'd need to see how he handles live bullets flying after a true reset.....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m still laughing at how @shuler82 has reverted back to his old self again. This was his “thing” a few years back. Then when he had a family crisis, I reached out to him via DM’s, we talked over a lot of things and he apologized for acting like a dick on the forum.

Apparently the old adages are true. A leopard can’t change his spots, and a dick will always be a dick.

you’re surprisingly  thin skinned for someone who brings his condescending douchebagery into every thread. 

… and you’ve got the wrong guy.

12 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

you’re surprisingly  thin skinned for someone who brings his condescending douchebagery into every thread. 

No I don’t.

btw randomly tagging someone just to cheap shot them is a douchey as it gets. So you can GFY.

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

9 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t think so, but GFY anyway.

Man this place is so much better now that fat dick Crusher isn’t a moderator anymore. Like who needs moderation anyways? 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Why don’t you and @Green Ghost  embrace in a big troll hug…

might make you feel better ?

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Man this place is so much better now that fat dick Crusher isn’t a moderator anymore. Like who needs moderation anyways? 

You forgot the top one Crush, that’s what started it (along with another random one he left the other day.

I get your point though, I’m done responding to him.

59 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Agree to disagree....

What has Zach Shown to garner a 5th year option being picked up, and what opportunity will he get to show he's worth it given Rodgers presence here in the next 1-2 years? Some may say practice and around the facility will give him the opportunity, but I wouldn't. I'd need to see how he handles live bullets flying after a true reset.....

We have 2 drafts and a year, with a new OC with a HoF QB, between now and when we need to make any decision on Zach Wilson.

What I was getting at is that it may be worth throwing a season away, gambling on Zach's development in 2025. Especially when said season would have enormous dead caps hits, that would likely prevent us from fielding a competitive team anyway. 

25 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

We have 2 drafts and a year, with a new OC with a HoF QB, between now and when we need to make any decision on Zach Wilson.

What I was getting at is that it may be worth throwing a season away, gambling on Zach's development in 2025. Especially when said season would have enormous dead caps hits, that would likely prevent us from fielding a competitive team anyway. 

I agree, but this sounds eerily like Packers fans reasoning for not wanting cave on getting a big return for Rodgers this offseason.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I agree, but this sounds eerily like Packers fans reasoning for not wanting cave on getting a big return for Rodgers this offseason.

Sure, they don't want to cave, the Jets can wait til after the draft. There is no rush for us to get this thing done now

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Sure, they don't want to cave, the Jets can wait til after the draft. There is no rush for us to get this thing done now

I get that, but I was referring to the point you made (which I agreed with) where we would be fine seeing what Wilson had in ‘25 since we’d be in cap trouble, and equating that with GB and Love if they don’t trade Rodgers this year.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I get that, but I was referring to the argument you made (which I agreed with) where we would be fine seeing what Wilson had in ‘25 since we’d be in cap trouble, and equating that with GB and Love if they don’t trade Rodgers now.

I’d say two love child’s  by two different married woman. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I get that, I was referring to the argument you made ( which I agreed with) where we would be fine seeing what Wilson had in ‘25 since we’d be in cap trouble, and equating that with GB and Love if they don’t trade Rodgers now.

Ooo I see what you are saying. Love is going to request a trade if Rodgers stays. If they decide to keep both, then i think, they'd only have them for 2 seasons. That $100m dead cap hit in 2025 should prevent them from franchising Love. (I'd imagine at least)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

2026. Just in time for Arch manning

• Upvote 1