Poll - Rodgers trade: trade #13? Tell GB to take a hike? Deadline?

Rodgers Trade: #13 or take a hike?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Would you send #13 to GB for Rodgers?

• Yes, I'd include 13 in the trade.
    • No way, I'd rather continue to stink than send #13 to those cheese eating jerks
  2. 2. What should the deadline be to our offer?

• Immediate, enough is enough
    • Answer after owner's meeting
    • Answer prior to draft
    • Answer June 2nd
    • Answer prior to training camp

No way does JD trade the 13th pick. He may trade him a 2nd on day 2 of draft. If packers do not accept, JD should look to trade 1 of the 2nds for a next yr first. A contender with little cap space would probably look to buy it to plug in a  starter. Early 2 now for a likely late 1 next yr. Essentially using our former 3rd and Moore to climb all way to a first. Packs could then get their demand of a 1 ( but technically our 2023 2nd , or 3rd plus Moore ) and maybe throw in a conditional pick in 25 depending on how or if rodgers plays in 24. If we pull out of rodgers drama and say FU to packers and pivot to stafford or similar this yr. With added ammunition to possibly trade up for a top qb in a projected much better class. Blowhard brought up a good point recently- 

1500CF13-2185-4D38-9C43-71B9BD4436DC.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

2 simple questions to see where we at...

I’d give up a 13 if GB sends us their 2024 first rounder. Else Rodgers isn’t worth a first rounder at all. Age, contract, regression, mentally retired from GB etc. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, varjet said:

^^^^This is the better plan. 

It is but we are already beyond the tank I think. Zach will win you just enough game to keep you possibly out of the top 10 because the team around him is good enough to win 6-7 games. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, freestater said:

I don't trust this regime to choose another QB. 

How about “ franchise “ ha. Sanchez, darnold, hackenberg.. They can try to draft one in a later round than first. Where many gms seem to have little difficulties in finding capable qbs there. This franchise has sold the farm too many times to trade up to top 5 spot for a near “ sure thing star” only to continually get fleeced.. 

No way they should give up the 13th pick.  Give them until the draft to take the second, then move on.  Use the draft and cap space to build the roster.  Looks like Stafford signed so pivot to a 1 year, prove it deal to Ryan.  He played on a lousy Indianapolis team and still managed to complete 67% of his passes.  Build a stronger roster.  We can make the playoffs with any QB who completes 60%+.

The Jets are well aware they need a first rounder this year to either pick OLINE or trade down for more top 100 picks.  I'd be happy with this:

Packers give: Rodgers, pick 78, Pick 15

jets give: Pick 13, 42, 43

Also I don't think that GB's leverage is keeping Rodgers this year (they can't).   Their leverage is holding him into training camp and sabotaging chemistry in a year the Jets desperately need everyone on the same page with that schedule.

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

No way does JD trade the 13th pick. He may trade him a 2nd on day 2 of draft. If packers do not accept, JD should look to trade 1 of the 2nds for a next yr first. A contender with little cap space would probably look to buy it to plug in a  starter. Early 2 now for a likely late 1 next yr. Essentially using our former 3rd and Moore to climb all way to a first. Packs could then get their demand of a 1 ( but technically our 2023 2nd , or 3rd plus Moore ) and maybe throw in a conditional pick in 25 depending on how or if rodgers plays in 24. If we pull out of rodgers drama and say FU to packers and pivot to stafford or similar this yr. With added ammunition to possibly trade up for a top qb in a projected much better class. Blowhard brought up a good point recently- 

It’s a good idea in theory, but there is no way this team will be bad enough to get a top 2 pick 

Sure I’d give up the 13th, if their 15th was included in the deal. Under no circumstances should the jets be going into the draft this year without a first round pick, I don’t care if it winds up being number 25, this team needs to draft a high upside player. We are not in the same position as a rams or a Bucs team when they went after their vet qbs.

10 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The jets are too good to get a high enough pick to guarantee one of the top qbs.  

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I think a lot of people are overvaluing the 13th pick. The talent in this draft isn't  that big a deal. 

I agree and I think most fans do even though I said no.  

The contract, ARs age, and the ugly hits after he retires are what keeps other teams away and depresses the trade value.  GB is going to have a tough time getting back what they want.  

There are tons a variables in the trade.  GB can get 13 if they want it, but they probably need to help with other variables to get it.  

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I think a lot of people are overvaluing the 13th pick. The talent in this draft isn't  that big a deal. 

Remember last draft when everybody here was talking about how the Jets should trade down because the draft doesn't have that many spectacular players? And then how since everybody wanted to trade down they wouldn't be able to?

That was the types of conversations for the 2022 draft, when JD drafted GW, Sauce, Hall, Johnson, Clemons, and a hoard of other good players.

• Upvote 2

People on this board constantly say they would be a better GM than JD and go and make polls like this. JD isn't giving up the 13th pick, and he's gonna take the whole offseason to aquire Rodgers if he has to.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Badly worded poll as with most polls on here.  Extremes and assumptions.  But I answered it.

Yup.  
And aren’t after the owners meetings and before the draft pretty much the same things?  
Good idea though, I cast a vote

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

Remember last draft when everybody here was talking about how the Jets should trade down because the draft doesn't have that many spectacular players? And then how since everybody wanted to trade down they wouldn't be able to?

That was the types of conversations for the 2022 draft, when JD drafted GW, Sauce, Hall, Johnson, Clemons, and a hoard of other good players.

You mean all the “how Jetsy, we have all these high 1st round picks and the draft sucks” posts?  
Or all these picks and JDs 1st draft sucked posts?

• Upvote 1