World class move by the Dodgers

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 3:27 PM, Larz said:

Amazing. I know someone with both conditions. It’s tough. She’s like 4 people. Many people don’t have the patience or tolerance to deal. Thankfully this guy has his dad and insurance. Hope it works out ? 

It’s not about insurance, we lost a friend to this many years ago, they don’t like the meds, makes them feel zombie- like and they almost always go off them so they can FEEL, anything and they hear the voices, my friend ended up on the streets, we tried to help, would pick him up , take him home feed him, make sure he showered ,he’d be good and be talking about the future, a job, getting an apt and then eventually they hate the meds or the meds don’t work and bingo, same deal.

In the old days they were institutionalized which was no life either, I have heard of happy endings with jobs and even spouses and families but they have bad periods and nothing works during those.

horrible situation.

2 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

It’s not about insurance, we lost a friend to this many years ago, they don’t like the meds, makes them feel zombie- like and they almost always go off them so they can FEEL, anything and they hear the voices, my friend ended up on the streets, we tried to help, would pick him up , take him home feed him, make sure he showered ,he’d be good and be talking about the future, a job, getting an apt and then eventually they hate the meds or the meds don’t work and bingo, same deal.

In the old days they were institutionalized which was no life either, I have heard of happy endings with jobs and even spouses and families but they have bad periods and nothing works during those.

horrible situation.

agree. The girl I know has been off her meds awhile now. Everyone is worried but like you said she just won’t take them. She supports herself and is a good mom but things she tells me just scares the crap outta me 

• 2 months later...