Christian Hackenberg...

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

look, i know it's old news and people maybe don't care, but i found this interesting.

listening to him talk about how broken he was coming out of college, really makes you wonder what the hell the jets were thinking...

McCagnon was a fukkin ZERO!!!!!!

1CD96A86-2AC3-468F-82B4-43A7721B4E3A.jpeg

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Hackenburg actually had better physical makeup and tools.  He also had a few good college wins.  But if Zach’s trajectory is like Hackenburg’s, which based on history is likely, he will never take another snap for the Jets.  Several other teams also took a chance on Hackenburg. 

Listened to some of the interview. It sounded to me like he was never going to make it on the big stage. Big diff from PSU where everyone on campus adored him. He has every psychological coping mechanism in use to sell himself on the idea that each NFL chance he got was the wrong siuation for him.

• Upvote 1

I followed Penn state football closely for a time, and hackenberg was always fun to watch there. I think that qp film room episode with gruden that showed him doing checks at the line similar to Brady got people excited. I’m pretty sure he started as a true freshman too. Could be wrong on that though.

that being said, I wasn’t mad at picking him. Obviously that changed with the training camp reports and preseason games.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Was a long but semi interesting interview ... I think Christian is still searching.   I wish him nothing but the best in finding peace with himself and family.   Kid was not made for the NFL pressures.  Not everyone is.

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

LIstened to some of the interview. It sounded to me like he was never going to make it on the big stage. Big diff from PSU where everyone on campus adored him. He has every psychological coping mechanism in use to sell himself on the idea that each NFL chance he got was the wrong siuation for him.

thats what i got out of it. he was broken by the sh*tty situation in college and never had the fortitude to overcome it in the NFL. its amazing to me that the jets with all the background they typically do didnt pick any of that up.

Really a bizarre mindset. He didn't feel like he was getting any development in college but then didn't go elsewhere and talks about it like he didn't really care all that much. Then thinking he needed a couple years of development, he declared for the draft instead of staying in college. He still seems upset that no team paid him millions per year to give him a couple years with no expectations and just let him learn before he was supposed to start performing. I think teams do themselves a disservice not having a larger coaching staff to develop young players but he sounds like he expected to be handed everything and for the people around him to do the hard work instead of him.