JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

I hate to make a mod pick this early.  Especially for this pick.  There are so many ways Arizona could go.  And just about every mock has them either trading back or taking Will Anderson.  Neither or those are an option any more.

@Maynard13 please log on and make a pick.  

Just now, King P said:

I say pick for him, and if he somehow makes it back before the next pick he can change it if he doesn't like it.

But that's just my 2 cents ??‍♂️

That is always the plan.  Any mod pick is not final until the next pick is made.  We are giving him another 20 minutes and then we will pick and move on.  Maynard has done these mocks before and never been an issue that I recall.  Feel bad making this high a pick for someone, but we will do it unless he shows up in next 20  minutes.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

someone should have traded to Cards spot to get ahead of Colts in the QB derby.  Colts win here. 

Huge win, they don't have to use any draft capital to move up and get their QB.. I'm pretty sure if you told them Bryce Young would be there at #4 they would sh*t their pants.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, section314 said:

Who would you have been able to trade with?

good point.  Trade proposals without responses I guess.  IRL, the only way the Cards don't trade out of that spot is if Anderson is there and they really want him

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Figure I should get ahead of the game with how the picks have unfolded so far, if anyone wants to discuss a trade for pick #5 my DMs are open..

sooo   what's the over/under on the number of picks your team will end up with?  It's always in the double digits.  

Sending you this:

todbluemockup_900x900.jpg?v=1607413714

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

good point.  Trade proposals without responses I guess.  IRL, the only way the Cards don't trade out of that spot is if Anderson is there and they really want him

Can you explain how the point system works when deciding the winner of this mock draft? I seem to remember that it's based on where the player goes in the actual Draft compared to JN Mock.

Player picked higher in NFL Draft, JN GM is awarded points. Picked lower, GM loses points. Am I correct with this?

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Can you explain how the point system works when deciding the winner of this mock draft? I seem to remember that it's based on where the player goes in the actual Draft compared to JN Mock.

Player picked higher in NFL Draft, JN GM is awarded points. Picked lower, GM loses points. Am I correct with this?

Whatever that contest is, it's not my thing.  I've never paid attention to it.  Its something Lith does after the real draft.  You get points for correctness in your picks I guess.   Do people actually have this in mind when making selections?  

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

sooo   what's the over/under on the number of picks your team will end up with?  It's always in the double digits.  

Sending you this:

todbluemockup_900x900.jpg?v=1607413714

Seahawks already have 10 picks so I probably won't be as trade happy as usual, but I feel like this current situation is too good not to take advantage of. Also I wear a size XL, I will gladly wear that hoodie in the war room ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Whatever that contest is, it's not my thing.  I've never paid attention to it.  Its something Lith does after the real draft.  You get points for correctness in your picks I guess.   Do people actually have this in mind when making selections?  

If you picked Christian Hackenburg with the 252 pick in the draft instead of 52 you would get -200 points.   ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don’t but I think we have a few GMs that are looking for the value picks 

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't have it in mind when making picks, but it is a nice bonus after we're done to gauge how everyone did. I do this for fun and knowledge of the prospects, but I think it's a good reason to come back and double check the results. 

• Upvote 1