JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

5 minutes ago, Neilos said:

What's the likelihood of us getting to pick 11 today? It's 11pm here and need to know whether I need to send a list of picks.?

I doubt we get to 11 tonight, but it is always safest to send a list of picks just in case.

Start of the draft is always slow, but I never remember it being this slow.  Pace will pick up.  I hope.

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

He is a top 5 talent.  And I get picking him there even with the red flags.  But showing up overweight to pro day, to the point where he was unable to finish his drills.  Never ran a 40, very little physical testing.  Georgia runs a very heavy DL rotation so most guys play no more than 50-60% snaps.  Not sure how he will hold up in the NFL.  Too many red flags for me.  A top 5 talent in this draft, but not a pick I would have made in that spot.  I would not have taken Skoronski either.

We will see what happens next month, but I think he goes in the teens.

Probably. Not concerned with that pro day nonsense. How many blew the roof off only to suck bigtime. See Zach Wilson, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf etc etc etc. His game tape speaks volumes. He made a mistake but don't we all.  His profile is off the hook and he will be a monster in NFL. 

Jalen Carter DT Georgia Height: 6-3 | Weight: 311 | RAS: TBD

His combination of high-level athletic ability, incredible power and violence, and a pass-rush toolbox already brimming with moves makes Carter a clear early-first-round prospect. He’s an explosive playmaker and a viable threat in all phases of defense. QBs beware this fall!
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Probably. Not concerned with that pro day nonsense. How many blew the roof off only to suck bigtime. See Zach Wilson, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf etc etc etc. His game tape speaks volumes. He made a mistake but don't we all.  His profile is off the hook and he will be a monster in NFL. 

Jalen Carter DT Georgia Height: 6-3 | Weight: 311 | RAS: TBD

His combination of high-level athletic ability, incredible power and violence, and a pass-rush toolbox already brimming with moves makes Carter a clear early-first-round prospect. He’s an explosive playmaker and a viable threat in all phases of defense. QBs beware this fall!

Big difference between a QB showing out at the combine and a guy failing to display his supposedly elite athletic traits.  

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Big difference between a QB showing out at the combine and a guy failing to display his supposedly elite athletic traits.  

Weak argument. Grading a player on some dumb pro day when he wasn't even ready to practice. If he falls to 13, JD will be all over this guy. So I take it you don't watch the college games. Gotcha. Check out the 1 hand pick up at end of this.

Lions listening to offers for #6

AFC East
Bills - @New York Mick
Dolphins - @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN
Patriots - @JTJet
Jets - @32EBoozer

AFC North
Bengals - @OilfieldJet
Ravens - @JiF
Steelers - @WhartonJet
Browns - @IndianaJet

AFC South
Jaguars - @choon328
Titans - @Neilos
Colts - @Integrity28
Texans - @Beerfish

AFC West
Chiefs - @Zerovoltz
Chargers - @Ron Rico
Raiders - @King P
Broncos - @PepPep

NFC East
Eagles - @Sarge4Tide
Cowboys - @heymangold
Giants - @Greenseed4
Commanders - @HawkeyeJet

NFC North
Vikings - @UntouchableCrew
Lions - @Dcat
Packers - @Lith
Bears - @Paradis

NFC South
Buccaneers - @Matt39
Panthers - @maury77
Saints - @BroadwayBen
Falcons - @section314

NFC West
49ers - @nj meadowlands
Seahawks - @NYJetsVets91
Rams - @#27TheDominator
Cardinals - @Maynard13

11 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Weak argument. Grading a player on some dumb pro day when he wasn't even ready to practice. If he falls to 13, JD will be all over this guy. So I take it you don't watch the college games. Gotcha. Check out the 1 hand pick up at end of this.

I don't have anything against the player. I just think there is a big difference between the combine/pro day for QBs and for athletes.  This guy is supposed to be an elite athlete.  He should be killing the combine.  You have to triple check why he didn't.  The tired "it doesn't matter what they do in shorts" argument has you draft the Jachai Polites of the world. 

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

#13 is a much different scenario than # 3.  A Mitigated risk begins around the low-to-mid teens

That's not the point.  His play is not the question. Tunsil was turned into a question and he was the best T in that draft. And has been involved in a major trade for his services and just signed a mega contract. But go ahead and scream and stomp all you like.

girl-rage.gif

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

There were two ways I thought you might go and he was one of them. Good pick. 

But wait, I thought all the draft experts on this board told us that Breece was taken too high and resources wasted. 
Good pick…. will extend Fields career having a stud RB

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Does anyone believe that Will Anderson actually goes #2?... i mean it kind of makes sense... but i just don't see it. trade back or HOU does something silly like AR

I'm smarter than yer average GM!  They will take a QB.....but they shouldn't

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Does anyone believe that Will Anderson actually goes #2?... i mean it kind of makes sense... but i just don't see it. trade back or HOU does something silly like AR

No, but that's what makes these mock drafts interesting.

Are you running the team the way you think the team will draft, or are you running it as you see fit? I think we have people here that do both

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, King P said:

Are you running the team the way you think the team will draft, or are you running it as you see fit? I think we have people here that do both

I’m picking how I think Jets should pick.

Maybe we reset the Qb clock AGAIN!!!!

On Fire Reaction GIF by Travis

Goodnight.

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Happy Fun GIF by reactionseditor

Justin Fields ^^

I've had boner pants for Robinson since he was a freshman. He's the next great back in the league and would have been drafted around the same slot if he was allowed to come out last year.

boner-weirdboner.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm smarter than yer average GM!  They will take a QB.....but they shouldn't

Why not? Mills sucks. Texans have needed a QB since Deshaun left. Yes they still sucked with him but you still need a QB to build around and Mills aint the answer.  And Bryce Young has done nothing but win at Bama.  He's actually a better prospect than Stroud. He's just Breese type small so he'll go at pick#2. The kid is gonna be great. The Texans GM would be fired 5 minutes after taking Anderson and passing up on Young. 

44 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Why not? Mills sucks. Texans have needed a QB since Deshaun left. Yes they still sucked with him but you still need a QB to build around and Mills aint the answer.  And Bryce Young has done nothing but win at Bama.  He's actually a better prospect than Stroud. He's just Breese type small so he'll go at pick#2. The kid is gonna be great. The Texans GM would be fired 5 minutes after taking Anderson and passing up on Young. 

There are a lot of ways to build a team for success.  You can build a team up and then add the QB via the draft or a vet or you can get the Qb and hope he survives the learning years when the team is still bad.  Both strategies have worked and both have failed.  Our own New York Jets are evidence of that.  Half the QBs that are going to be great are not so great and half the QBs drafted after the great QBs end up being better.

It all comes down to who you think a no brainier obvious franchise guy is.  If Kaleb Williams was in this draft at 2, I'd take him without a second thought.

Every single year there are 3 or 4 cant miss QBs and a lot miss.

3 hours ago, King P said:

I run it how would I address needs as GM....

however, when i used to do futile round 1 mock drafts for all 32, I would try to predict as best I could how draft night would unfold. IOW an exercise in futility

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RobR said:

I've had boner pants for Robinson since he was a freshman. He's the next great back in the league and would have been drafted around the same slot if he was allowed to come out last year.

boner-weirdboner.gif

I have to admit, as sexy as Bijan is, I have crush on J. Gibbs. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

There are a lot of ways to build a team for success.  You can build a team up and then add the QB via the draft or a vet or you can get the Qb and hope he survives the learning years when the team is still bad.  Both strategies have worked and both have failed.  Our own New York Jets are evidence of that.  Half the QBs that are going to be great are not so great and half the QBs drafted after the great QBs end up being better.

It all comes down to who you think a no brainier obvious franchise guy is.  If Kaleb Williams was in this draft at 2, I'd take him without a second thought.

Every single year there are 3 or 4 cant miss QBs and a lot miss.

But not every year you are drafting #1 or #2 . And if you don’t have a franchise QB, any team is going to take a QB at that spot.  ? %

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

and he was my plan B had the falcons gone Robinson... but i couldn't resist the marriage of Robinson and Fields

I had pretty much decided that #8 was going to be Edge or corner, even though most of what they have done in FA has been on D. When #1 guy on my board was there, I grabbed him. I did have 3 guys on O on my board , and Bijon and Skoronski were on the list, as was a player who shalll remain nameless. FWIW, I have been on the Falcons version of JN( not nearly as good) and a bunch of guys there want them to take Robinson and honestly think that he may be the pick.?