JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

Just now, WhartonJet said:

Knowing that this trade will almost certainly happen before the draft, and that it will almost certainly include one of those 2nd round picks, I say we pretend the trade is finalized, give the Pack one of the 2nd rounders for the purposes of this mock and be done with it

We will just let it go as we always have done.  If the trade happens before the pick, we will update it.  If not, @32EBoozer keeps the pick for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Knowing that this trade will almost certainly happen before the draft, and that it will almost certainly include one of those 2nd round picks, I say we pretend the trade is finalized, give the Pack one of the 2nd rounders for the purposes of this mock and be done with it

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

• Haha 1

Steelers trade up 2 spots and take Quentin Johnston, a perfect complement to George Pickens from last year.   Gives the Steelers young playmakers with different skillsets to go along with veteran Dionte Johnson.  Surrounding Kenny Pickett with weapons and protection a priority in this draft.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WhartonJet said:

Steelers trade up 2 spots and take Quentin Johnston, a perfect complement to George Pickens from last year.   Gives the Steelers 2 young playmakers with different skillsets.  Surrounding Kenny Pickett with weapons and protection a priority in this draft.

Compliment? They’re the same player.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I see I successfully derailed your plans and caused you to trade back lol. 

#PatriotWay

No... Jones was drafted too high IMO. I have a group of players that I am looking at and think I can get them lower. My plan has always been to accumulate more Draft capital.

I won't reach for an OL. There is good value at where I am at.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Weird draft. Reinforcing how much I dislike this draft pool 

Ya. Not liking the overall top of this all that much. Until you dive in, you may not realize the thinness of this yr.  Usually rewards the good drafters in the NFL and gives harsh results to the Maccagnans of the league.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Ya. Not liking the overall top of this all that much. Until you dive in, you may not realize the thinness of this yr.  Usually rewards the good drafters in the NFL and gives harsh results to the Maccagnans of the league.

In a draft like this I think its important to just go out and get your guy. Passing on Jaxon Smith-Njigba for more picks makes no sense to me in a draft where the talent pool is unimpressive. The OL class in particular feels bad and easy to over draft. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

In a draft like this I think its important to just go out and get your guy. Passing on Jaxon Smith-Njigba for more picks makes no sense to me in a draft where the talent pool is unimpressive. The OL class in particular feels bad and easy to over draft. 

Agreed

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Chargers #16

Jets #21 & #85

Jahmyr Gibbs is the most dynamic playmaker in this years draft. Although not an every down back, he's a receiving threat out of the backfield, and he also can be a punt returner. 

I think this guy makes the Chargers a legitimate threat to the Chiefs dominance of the AFC West.

I couldn't take a chance someone grabbing him before twenty. 

Thanks for the trade, and good luck!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Jahmyr Gibbs is the most dynamic playmaker in this years draft. Although not an every down back, he's a receiving threat out of the backfield, and he also can be a punt returner. 

I think this guy makes the Chargers a legitimate threat to the Chiefs dominance of the AFC West.

I couldn't take a chance someone grabbing him before twenty. 

Thanks for the trade, and good luck!

With Ekeler requesting a trade and this year's WR pool pretty week, it makes sense to get a dynamic playmaker when you can.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Need to fix the quoted pick number in the selection thread, 16th pick not 13th, unless you want to let me select a player at 14 twice, which i would not be opposed to.

8 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

chump

With the 13th pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Los Angeles Chargers pick Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama