Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Allen 150 million guarateed.  Kyler Murray got 160 guaranteed.  Wilson 161 fully guaranteed.  Seems like 133 is a lowball offer even if you throw out Watson's deal.  

Allen and Murray were longer deals. 

160/5 = 30

150/6 = 25

133/3 = 44

If the 3 years, 133 million is real then it's much more guaranteed money per year than what Allen or Murray got. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Allen and Murray were longer deals. 

160/5 = 30

150/6 = 25

133/3 = 44

If the 3 years, 133 million is real then it's much more guaranteed money per year than what Allen or Murray got. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/09/11/lamar-jackson-addresses-ravens-contract-extension-offer

wad offered between 160-180 guaranteed right after the Jets game.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

EVery contract is guaranteed to a point. Watsons just happens to be guaranteed over the full life of the contract. Calling NFL deals non guaranteed is a bit misleading. Plus in Jackson’s case you have to cough up two firsts.

Ravens can take less than 2 1sts in a trade.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm not sure where this sense of entitlement came from to...(checks notes)...get paid what the other guy got.

Like the Jets, Cleveland had to pay the suck tax. Watson was leaning towards Atlanta or someone else when they went all in with the fully guaranteed contract, and it worked. It’s hardly a new model for contracts, although I understand why the owners hated the contract and Jackson wants one just like it. 

I have no fondness for the billionaires club, either, but I don’t think a QB who missed the last month of the previous two seasons should be the next in line for five fully guaranteed years. I don’t think there’s any collusion here, I just think no one thinks he’s worth the picks and/or that price. I don’t, either, so there’s that. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

This is disingenuous. Allen and Murray were longer deals. 

160/5 = 30

150/6 = 25

133/3 = 44

What does per year have to do with anything.  If that was the case players would want to be tagged.  They don't and neither do the teams.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Allen 150 million guarateed.  Kyler Murray got 160 guaranteed.  Wilson 161 fully guaranteed.  Seems like 133 is a lowball offer even if you throw out Watson's deal.  

The Kyler contract might have been dumber than the Watson deal.  I wonder if ARI would love to tear that up (not that they'd admit it publicly) if they could.  Hard to say that DEN is happy with the Wilson deal so far.  The problem for both teams is that if the QBs don't turn things around, the teams are screwed for YEARS because of the guaranteed money.  KC and BUF are probably very happy with their deals.  CIN, PHI, and SD are next up.  We'll see how those go but fully guaranteed contracts are dumb in every sport from the team's perspective.

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think the difference is with him requesting a trade:

1. If you agree to a deal with Lamar you know you got him because you already agreed with the Ravens

2. The compensation could be less than signing him as a franchise player

He is forcing the Ravens hand, especially if he tells them he isn't playing for them again.

I think the Ravens are on record saying, if they trade him they want 3 first round picks as compensation.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The Kyler contract might have been dumber than the Watson deal.  I wonder if ARI would love to tear that up (not that they'd admit it publicly) if they could.  Hard to say that DEN is happy with the Wilson deal so far.  The problem for both teams is that if the QBs don't turn things around, the teams are screwed for YEARS because of the guaranteed money.  KC and BUF are probably very happy with their deals.  CIN, PHI, and SD are next up.  We'll see how those go but fully guaranteed contracts are dumb in every sport from the team's perspective.

All of these deals are dumb.  The Aaron Rodgers deal was a complete cluster F for the Packers.  It's not like the owners aren't involved and aren't creating a market dumb or not.  

• Upvote 3

And with Murray, you have a new coach who is stuck with that contract

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slats said:

Like the Jets, Cleveland had to pay the suck tax. Watson was leaning towards Atlanta or someone else when they went all in with the fully guaranteed contract, and it worked. It’s hardly a new model for contracts, although I understand why the owners hated the contract and Jackson wants one just like it. 

I have no fondness for the billionaires club, either, but I don’t think a QB who missed the last month of the previous two seasons should be the next in line for five fully guaranteed years. I don’t think there’s any collusion here, I just think no one thinks he’s worth the picks and/or that price. I don’t, either, so there’s that. 

Yeah, it hit Rotoworld and all the outlets a few days prior that Cleveland was in fact told they were no longer in consideration by Watson and his camp.

Then Haslam loses his mind and Watson suddenly changes his tune.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

See if he had an agent he would have done this a month ago when teams were looking for a QB. 

The jets are all in on rodgers and 100.00 % will not contact lamar under any circumstances and risk Rodgers getting pissed. Don’t even discuss it. 

if he isn’t worth the contract he isn’t worth the contract plus picks. 

this is why you pay the agent the 4% or whatever it is 

Oops. I can’t read. He is saying he requested a trade march 2nd He was tagged march 7th. 

this is a total non story, no new information, nothing has changed 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

We all know that running backs are a threat to eventually break down its why they don't get the huge contracts they used to get.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

What does per year have to do with anything.  If that was the case players would want to be tagged.  They don't and neither do the teams.  

Three years, $133M fully guaranteed, and then he’s a free agent at the new price for QBs. If you’re looking to maximize your income, and believe in yourself, that’s a pretty sweet deal. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

*Lamar Jackson - entitled and ungrateful

*Aaron Rodgers - enlightened and sensible, very gracious 

You’ll have to find that Rodgers post for me, thanks. 

My biggest problem with Jackson is that he’s not plug & play. He’s a tough fit in most traditional offenses. Rodgers, otoh, is the prototype - regardless of his personality. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Three years, $133M fully guaranteed, and then he’s a free agent at the new price for QBs. If you’re looking to maximize your income, and believe in yourself, that’s a pretty sweet deal. 

My biggest problem with Jackson is that he’s not plug & play. He’s a tough fit in most traditional offenses. Rodgers, otoh, is the prototype - regardless of his personality. 

Yeah I don’t think the Jets will be interested in Lamar for that very reason. Hackett isn’t installing the Jackson offense.

1 minute ago, slats said:

We have no idea what the Ravens structure actually propossed.  In a high risk business which NFL football actually is a sweet deal is getting the most guaranteed up front.  If you happen to survive you extend.