Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

We have no idea what the Ravens structure actually propossed.  In a high risk business which NFL football actually is a sweet deal is getting the most guaranteed up front.  If you happen to survive you extend.  

The word was $133M fully guaranteed. Bank that and hit free agency again at 28 or 29 years old? Seems pretty sweet to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Cardinals sitting at #3 could start over with Bryce Young or Levis if they want.

I think they want out of Murray's contract.

I don't love Kyler, but he'd be at least a legit fallback option if this Rodgers thing completely falls apart.

No thanks.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Cardinals sitting at #3 could start over with Bryce Young or Levis if they want.

They are rebuilding, and I think they want out of Murray's contract.

I don't love Kyler, but he'd be at least a legit fallback option if this Rodgers thing completely falls apart.

No thanks!  I've watched this guy out here for three years.  (Crappy Attitude + Always Injured)/ Inconsistent Play = Forget It.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

The word was $133M fully guaranteed. Bank that and hit free agency again at 28 or 29 years old? Seems pretty sweet to me. 

You're not an NFL MVP QB facing NFL defenses that are focused on stoping Lamar Jackson.  

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Three years, $133M fully guaranteed, and then he’s a free agent at the new price for QBs. If you’re looking to maximize your income, and believe in yourself, that’s a pretty sweet deal. 

You’ll have to find that Rodgers post for me, thanks. 

My biggest problem with Jackson is that he’s not plug & play. He’s a tough fit in most traditional offenses. Rodgers, otoh, is the prototype - regardless of his personality. 

Rodgers personality is developed by the Media not by Rodgers himself. He stated the truth when GB routinely let really good players walk and while very close to a SB contender signed Rodgers replacement that at the time offered the team nothing. Rodgers came out of his retreat and was told by the Packers he was no longer in their plans. If we are going to let the media dictate players personalities to the fans then sports fans are truly lost. 

In the case of Lamar, he's been the one outspoken on social media. The Ravens have always been a class organization and they offered Lamar a very good deal . The guy is pushing hard for guaranteed money because he's probably damaged goods and he knows it. Regardless how he got injured he did get Injured and if people think that wont have an effect on the better part of his game and longevity there nuts. Even if fully healthy he's a bad QB anyway but an electric runner. So tell me how many RUNNING QB's have won SB's ? The Answer is 0 and that includes Josh Allen who by running the football fumbled away a few playoff games and he can throw the football.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

according to reports, it was $133 million fully guaranteed at signing with other guarantees that could have reached $200 million.  it was more than murray and more than wilson in terms of full guarantees at signing, but not as much as watson's fully guaranteed $250 million.

again, this is based on reports and full details aren't known.

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/lamar-jackson-baltimore-ravens-contract-kyler-murray-russell-wilson-free-agency-compare-tag

ESPN's Adam Schefter spoke on his podcast and gave the finer details of the monster contract that Jackson refused last season.

"Chris Mortensen and I reported on this last September when Lamar Jackson was offered a deal that he turned down that included, at the time it was offered, $133 million due at signing [guaranteed]," Schefter said. 

"The contract also had injury guarantees that brought the guarantees to $175 million. Then it had a springing guarantee that could have brought the value of the contract, the guaranteed money in the contract to $200 million in guarantees.

“Those were way more than what Kyler Murray got from Arizona and way more than what Russell Wilson got from the Denver Broncos and yes, those were the actual numbers."

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Rodgers personality is developed by the Media not by Rodgers himself. He stated the truth when GB routinely let really good players walk and while very close to a SB contender signed Rodgers replacement that at the time offered the team nothing. Rodgers came out of his retreat and was told by the Packers he was no longer in their plans. If we are going to let the media dictate players personalities to the fans then sports fans are truly lost. 

In the case of Lamar, he's been the one outspoken on social media. The Ravens have always been a class organization and they offered Lamar a very good deal . The guy is pushing hard for guaranteed money because he's probably damaged goods and he knows it. Regardless how he got injured he did get Injured and if people think that wont have an effect on the better part of his game and longevity there nuts. Even if fully healthy he's a bad QB anyway but an electric runner. So tell me how many RUNNING QB's have won SB's ? The Answer is 0 and that includes Josh Allen who by running the football fumbled away a few playoff games and he can throw the football.

So when Rodgers speak it's the truth but when Lamar speaks he's outspoken. Got it.

You just choose to believe who you want to, which is fine. But lets be real. You like Rodgers because you like what he's saying. That's his perspective. There are some holes to it (like the Packers made it clear they were moving on before his darkness retreat - https://nypost.com/2023/01/29/packers-reportedly-prefer-to-move-on-from-aaron-rodgers/). And the Ravens lied about the 200 million guarantee offer. But it is what it is. I don't care as long as one of them get traded to the Jets.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, slats said:

Three years, $133M fully guaranteed, and then he’s a free agent at the new price for QBs. If you’re looking to maximize your income, and believe in yourself, that’s a pretty sweet deal. 

You’ll have to find that Rodgers post for me, thanks. 

My biggest problem with Jackson is that he’s not plug & play. He’s a tough fit in most traditional offenses. Rodgers, otoh, is the prototype - regardless of his personality. 

The idea that Jackson is entitled and ungrateful for wanting what he deserves is enough while youre fine w/ being held hostage by Aaron Rodgers is all I need, thanks.

You think that about Lamar but I think you're wrong.  He's an extremely underrated passer which I've proven w/ stats over and over again on this site only to be ignored by the ignorant and he's been successful in a more open system in college where he won a Heisman.  It's not his fault the Ravens hired a guy to install an antiquated system for him to run his second year (in who they fired for a guy who runs a more open system), when he was winning games under Mornhinweg when Flacco couldnt as a rookie.  You cant argue the results w/ his performances their record w/ him but it's very naive to think a player of his talent at his age cant continue to evolve as a passer.  This isnt some chump like Zach Wilson, we're talking rare elite athleticism that is truly unrivaled in the history of this league. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Cam Newton is also an NFL MVP QB if that's the only important data point.  A lot has changed since 2019.

I was responding to he should take less guaranteed to get a second bite at the Apple.  Cam Newton is an example of why he shouldn't.  He's a unique talent that is at higher risk for a shortened career than a lot of other QB's who if they get an ACL can come back and continue their career as a pocket passer.  Because he is a dynamic multi-threat QB, he is under greater risk and he provides greater reward in a smaller window.  

Him wanting to get more in his prime without a second chance after his prime makes a lot of sense for both sides.  

Cam Newton took a team to the SB on the back of his MVP season.  The Ravens without Lamar don't sniff the playoffs and that's with a top NFL HC, something we don't have.  

7 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

So when Rodgers speak it's the truth but when Lamar speaks he's outspoken. Got it.

You just choose to believe who you want to, which is fine. But lets be real. You like Rodgers because you like what he's saying. That's his perspective. There are some holes to it (like the Packers made it clear they were moving on before his darkness retreat - https://nypost.com/2023/01/29/packers-reportedly-prefer-to-move-on-from-aaron-rodgers/). And the Ravens lied about the 200 million guarantee offer. But it is what it is. I don't care as long as one of them get traded to the Jets.

omfg....could you imagine what Smash would say if Lamar was like, "yo dawg, I drink that sizzurp in the offseason to get my mind right before the season".  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I wonder what the Ravens would be looking for in a trade? I'm guessing it starts with the word "Two" and ends with "number ones."

Given what the trade was for Watson, and for Russell Wilson, I'd think at minimum, 2 #1s as a start.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I was responding to he should take less guaranteed to get a second bite at the Apple.  Cam Newton is an example of why he shouldn't.  He's a unique talent that is at higher risk for a shortened career than a lot of other QB's who if they get an ACL can come back and continue their career as a pocket passer.  Because he is a dynamic multi-threat QB, he is under greater risk and he provides greater reward in a smaller window.  

Him wanting to get more in his prime without a second chance after his prime makes a lot of sense for both sides.  

Cam Newton took a team to the SB on the back of his MVP season.  The Ravens without Lamar don't sniff the playoffs and that's with a top NFL HC, something we don't have.  

So we agree that the Jets probably shouldn't be that interested in Lamar?  If so, all good here!

Sure, Lamar can ask for whatever he wants.  That's completely cool.  But how he reacts to not getting what he wants is going to be a story.

19 minutes ago, GuitarJet said:

No thanks!  I've watched this guy out here for three years.  (Crappy Attitude + Always Injured)/ Inconsistent Play = Forget It.  

Even if they have no interest in him, the Jets could use it as leverage in the Rodgers negotiation.

The Cardinals aren’t trading for Rodgers, so it would leave GB without any options.

Obviously, Rodgers would need to be informed of this tactic beforehand to avoid any hurt feelings.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

The idea that Jackson is entitled and ungrateful for wanting what he deserves is enough while youre fine w/ being held hostage by Aaron Rodgers is all I need, thanks.

You think that about Lamar but I think you're wrong.  He's an extremely underrated passer which I've proven w/ stats over and over again on this site only to be ignored by the ignorant and he's been successful in a more open system in college where he won a Heisman.  It's not his fault the Ravens hired a guy to install an antiquated system for him to run his second year (in who they fired for a guy who runs a more open system), when he was winning games under Mornhinweg when Flacco couldnt as a rookie.  You cant argue the results w/ his performances their record w/ him but it's very naive to think a player of his talent at his age cant continue to evolve as a passer.  This isnt some chump like Zach Wilson, we're talking rare elite athleticism that is truly unrivaled in the history of this league. 

This is all well and good but no one seems to want to sign him. 

Teams would be offering up their first born if Mahomes, Allen, Burrow was in the same situation. 

Personally I don't think he's being entitled or is a bad teammate.  For me the deal breaker is the multiple first rounders then guaranteeing him 200 mil.  No thanks. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Rodgers is high maintenance. I think Jackson’s presence on social media turns nfl decision makers off. You don’t see QB’s asking for trades via twitter

This is a such a terrible take lmfao ?

Way to show you’re age champ ?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1