Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

This is a such a terrible take lmfao ?

Way to show you’re age champ ?

I’m not really old. And social media is stupid. And Jackson generally looks silly on it. Like asking people to sign up for his newsletter was lame af

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pac said:

This is all well and good but no one seems to want to sign him. 

Teams would be offering up their first born if Mahomes, Allen, Burrow was in the same situation. 

Personally I don't think he's being entitled or is a bad teammate.  For me the deal breaker is the multiple first rounders then guaranteeing him 200 mil.  No thanks. 

Figures you're one of them.  

Lamar Jackson is a b*tch a*s hoe extraordinaire. An average QB, at best, that is damn lucky that he can run the ball for the next 3 years when he's not hurt, or acting like a b*tch a*s hoe. If it wasn't for the Ravens, the only running his hoe a*s would be doing would be from the police. Real Talk.

• Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Ballz Deep said:

Lamar Jackson is a b*tch a*s hoe extraordinaire. An average QB, at best, that is damn lucky that he can run the ball for the next 3 years when he's not hurt, or acting like a b*tch a*s hoe. If it wasn't for the Ravens, the only running his hoe a*s would be doing would be from the police. Real Talk.

Get some help

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, nycdan said:

So we agree that the Jets probably shouldn't be that interested in Lamar?  If so, all good here!

Sure, Lamar can ask for whatever he wants.  That's completely cool.  But how he reacts to not getting what he wants is going to be a story.

I think the Jets would be better with Lamar than Rodgers.  It's a lot of draft capital to get him and Rodgers is worth a bag of dirt in trade so there's that.   

1 minute ago, Ballz Deep said:

Classic Jolly Chimp for brains right here, carry on though 

Sipping Tea Time GIF

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

The idea that Jackson is entitled and ungrateful for wanting what he deserves is enough while youre fine w/ being held hostage by Aaron Rodgers is all I need, thanks.

I don’t think Jackson is worth what he’s looking for. I think him shooting his way out of Baltimore is stupid. I don’t believe I’m being held hostage by Rodgers right now, I guess we’ll find out those details once that deal’s inevitably done. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

You think that about Lamar but I think you're wrong.  He's an extremely underrated passer which I've proven w/ stats over and over again on this site only to be ignored by the ignorant and he's been successful in a more open system in college where he won a Heisman.  It's not his fault the Ravens hired a guy to install an antiquated system for him to run his second year (in who they fired for a guy who runs a more open system), when he was winning games under Mornhinweg when Flacco couldnt as a rookie.  You cant argue the results w/ his performances their record w/ him but it's very naive to think a player of his talent at his age cant continue to evolve as a passer.  This isnt some chump like Zach Wilson, we're talking rare elite athleticism that is truly unrivaled in the history of this league. 

He’s got a lot of talent, and I was talking about his ability as a passer in his rookie season. I know it’s there. I’m just not giving up two first round picks and $250M in exchange for a guy who -to date- has not shown much development at all as a pocket passer. I’m sure it could happen, guys like Randall Cunningham and Vick made the transition later, I just wouldn’t be willing to invest in that gamble. The fact that he’s a running QB who’s missed the last month of the last two seasons is also deeply concerning. 

And yeah, I definitely have major concerns with the way he’s choosing to do business, starting with his lack of an agent. I get it, fight the power and all that, I’m down. He’s acting like he knows how to do this better than anyone and I’m not surprised that it’s blowing up in his face. The simple problem is that there are no teams willing to give up what he wants to get him. They either have QBs, or a high pick to draft their own, or other options. That’s not collusion, that’s the market. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Rich, white men who own Football teams colluding to not give out guarantee contracts but close. 

That's a little dramatic.  I just don't think he's good enough to trade 3 first rounders and give 250 million to.  

If we can get him for the 13th and give him a top 5 qb contract I'm in. 

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, slats said:

They’re looking at drafting their very own franchise QB and paying him about $42M, total, over the next four years. 

This is true and I do know how GMs fall in love. To be clear, I wouldn't budge from the #1 pick straight up. Take it or leave it kinda situation but I do get your point.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ballz Deep said:

Despicable

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

There are reports of owner level collusion against Lamar 

That seems like exactly the type of thing woody would be in favor of 

Possible but not plausible. Very few teams actually need a QB. So among the teams that have a starter, where do you see LJ as an upgrade? Off the top of my head, maybe the Patriots. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t think Jackson is worth what he’s looking for. I think him shooting his way out of Baltimore is stupid. I don’t believe I’m being held hostage by Rodgers right now, I guess we’ll find out those details once that deal’s inevitably done. 

He’s got a lot of talent, and I was talking about his ability as a passer in his rookie season. I know it’s there. I’m just not giving up two first round picks and $250M in exchange for a guy who -to date- has not shown much development at all as a pocket passer. I’m sure it could happen, guys like Randall Cunningham and Vick made the transition later, I just wouldn’t be willing to invest in that gamble. The fact that he’s a running QB who’s missed the last month of the last two seasons is also deeply concerning. 

And yeah, I definitely have major concerns with the way he’s choosing to do business, starting with his lack of an agent. I get it, fight the power and all that, I’m down. He’s acting like he knows how to do this better than anyone and I’m not surprised that it’s blowing up in his face. The simple problem is that there are no teams willing to give up what he wants to get him. They either have QBs, or a high pick to draft their own, or other options. That’s not collusion, that’s the market. 

Right.  It's the market.  lol Good chat.

12 minutes ago, Ballz Deep said:

Republican National Convention Rnc GIF by GOP

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont understand this game, nor do I think I want to play, feels like my brain will hurt after it.

That’s on you then. But spotrac dot com lists out all of the guarantees a player receives when they sign their deal with the team. For example, if Lamar plays this year on the tag he’s due 32 million dollars guaranteed.