Zach Wilson is #2

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Strange that this was said before the trade is complete. Like out of order. I find much of this off season perplexing 

I don't ever remember an off season where a player potentially being acquired was considered a done deal before it was a... done deal. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

i wonder how Zach will look in those pre-season games.  I mean as jet fans we want him to be perfect in those games to increase his value

but i seriously wonder if he falls apart under the pressure or he assumes no pressure and plays lights out

nobody will really give a **** if AR here as starter except for us lowly Jets nerds who keep track of the whole 53

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

i wonder how Zach will look in those pre-season games.  I mean as jet fans we want him to be perfect in those games to increase his value

but i seriously wonder if he falls apart under the pressure or he assumes no pressure and plays lights out

nobody will really give a **** if AR here as starter except for us lowly Jets nerds who keep track of the whole 53

It’s going to be a pressure cooker for him next season from the first step onto the facility.

The HBO people want this team so bad.  So many side stories.  The WRs have no idea what’s coming their way either.  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, pointman said:

I don't ever remember an off season where a player potentially being acquired was considered a done deal before it was a... done deal. 

Strange indeed. Cant remember one player coming to Zach's defense with any type of support after last season's off season where they were all in love with him. I get it, a lot has happened, but not one player?. Coach, GM, owner all speak like he barely exisits and that no matter what he is a back up at best.  Zach is not a starting calibar QB in the NFL, his season was putrid, but the turn of events of how the owner, GM, HC, and players percieve Zach is astonishing.  Just wierd how he is spoken (or not) spoken about when he is still on this team. I am being serious when I say if I were Zach's parent I would be concerned with his mental health. Going from a top hyped QB in NYC to being destryed by the media, not a teammate that defends you, former players ridicule him, and delagated to back up (some would say he should be 3d) with not even another QB added ? I have never seen anything like it. It's a lot for anyone to handle.  Just strange (and maybe speaks volume of how bad it really is/was). I have no idea

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

He won't play in preseason.  They don't want Zach to crush Aaron Rodgers confidence.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Strange indeed. Cant remember one player coming to Zach's defense in any type of support after last season's off season where they were all in love with him. I get it, a lot has happened, but not one player??. Coach, GM, owner all speak like he barely exisits and that no matter what he is a back up at best.  Zach is not a starting calibar QB in the NFL, his season was putrid. Just wierd how he is spoken (or not) spoken about when he is still on this team. I am being serous when I say if I were Zach's parent I would be concerned with his mental health. Going from a top hyped QB in NYC to being destryed by the media, not a teammate that defends you, former players ridicule him, and delagated to back up (some would say he should be 3d) with no other QB added ? It's a lot for anyone to handle.  Just strange (and maybe speaks volume of how bad i really is/was). I have no idea

Good take.  IMHO all this is on the CS for not having the pits to bench him when they had to have known better.  (Well if Woody or JD were actually making the call the it's not on the CS so whatever) 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Zach is #2 - Love to hear and see the reaction to this ironic yet appropriate announcement. 

He's really our #3, but we don't have a #2 right now.  So, he gets to be #2 by default.  Mike White would have been our #2 had he stayed.  

Will Parkinson mentioned this:

Play ZW as much as possible in preseason and hope you can flip him when another team suffers a QB injury.

Can’t cut or trade him now.

But post-June 1, the dead cap drops to 5.7 M, you save 3.85 M against this year’s cap and he’s completely off the books for ‘24:

Dead cap $5,731,033
Cap savings $3,855,516
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Strange indeed. Cant remember one player coming to Zach's defense in any type of support after last season's off season where they were all in love with him. I get it, a lot has happened, but not one player??. Coach, GM, owner all speak like he barely exisits and that no matter what he is a back up at best.  Zach is not a starting calibar QB in the NFL, his season was putrid. Just wierd how he is spoken (or not) spoken about when he is still on this team. I am being serous when I say if I were Zach's parent I would be concerned with his mental health. Going from a top hyped QB in NYC to being destryed by the media, not a teammate that defends you, former players ridicule him, and delagated to back up (some would say he should be 3d) with no other QB added ? It's a lot for anyone to handle.  Just strange (and maybe speaks volume of how bad i really is/was). I have no idea

Damn. True. Remember before the draft when people on social media were telling his dad that he should avoid us at all costs, that we would eat him up and destroy him? Yikes. I still have hope he will turn it around. And for me, a big part of being ok with A-A-Ron being brought in is, is that his presence will hopefully really help Zach and maybe make that light switch just flip on.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Damn. True. Remember before the draft when people on social media were telling his dad that he should avoid us at all costs, that we would eat him up and destroy him? Yikes. I still have hope he will turn it around. And for me, a big part of being ok with A-A-Ron being brought in is, is that his presence will hopefully really help Zach and maybe make that light switch just flip on.

Wouldn't this scenerio be perfect. Zach has the talent, just so difficult to overcome the mental part of it. Would be great for us.

• Post of the Week 1

I’m really interested to see how Zach looks in preseason and how the team feels about him going into the season. If he’s no. 2 there’s a good chance he’ll get into games and potentially start some. Can he consistently run an offense lead a team and score more points than an opponent? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I’m really interested to see how Zach looks in preseason and how the team feels about him going into the season. If he’s no. 2 there’s a good chance he’ll get into games and potentially start some. Can he consistently run an offense lead a team and score more points than an opponent? 

I'd call it progress, if he could throw a very short pass to an open receiver.

Many of the same “fans” who ripped Quentin his first few years, Leonard Williams, etc because they weren’t getting enough sacks are attacking Zach after two monumentally bad games but the rest ok. So far the guy is a disappointment you expect better play and leadership from an overall 2. But the jury’s still out on him as far as a career. If you watched games last year the QB position around the NFL wasn’t elite. Lots of turnovers picks and pick 6s. Something Zach isn’t terrible at. But can he consistently and successfully run an offense. So far he hasn’t. I’m rooting for the guy not rooting against him.