FA's post ARod agreement

He’s got to be the dumbest m***er f***er going Woody would you please SHUT THE F**K UP!!!

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/28/woody-johnson-im-not-patient-jets-have-to-win-now/

Woody Johnson: I’m not patient, Jets have to win now

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 28, 2023, 4:08 PM EDT

Jets owner Woody Johnson expects his team to win, and win this year.

Johnson said today at the league meeting that the Jets need to be in win-now mode.

“I’m not the patient sort. We’re in the win business. We have to win now,” Johnson said, via Zack Rosenblatt of TheAthletic.com.

It’s easy to see why Johnson feels that way, although saying so publicly may not be the best move as the Jets and Packers continue to negotiate over an Aaron Rodgers trade. The Jets want the Packers to think they’re willing to wait as long as it takes for the Packers’ price to come down, and Johnson admitting publicly that he’s not patient helps Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst’s leverage with Jets General Manager Joe Douglas.

Still, Johnson said the Jets have a plan in place and he believes that Rodgers will be a Jet.

“We’re pretty confident we can get something done,” Johnson said.

Johnson also said he’s excited about the possibility of the Jets signing free agent wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. He’s telling his football people to get to work on win-now moves.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I think Kwon, Ben Jones, and probably OBJ all come relatively quickly after the Rodgers trade goes through. Maybe Calais Campbell too 

Why?  

I think some of the wait might be comp pick related.  That is not an issue for guys like Kwon, Campbell, or Ben Jones who were cut or not on teams last year  The Jets have supposedly confirmed interest in OBJ, Campbell and Jones.  I assume they may have offers out that are sort of take it or leave it like they had last season for Kwon, Ogunjobi and Reiff.