Calais Campbell signing with Falcons

Just now, Jets4Life1979 said:

Joe D blew this one

What he has done is turn a strength into a weakness.  Rankins was good last year.

Instead of attacking free agency aggressively at DT, he has chosen to (I have no idea).

This is the one plan that is extremely MURKY.

Did he create a need to draft DT early with OT and Center still huge needs?  All while holding onto Carl Lawson and Corey Davis?

I trust JD overall, maybe there’s something we are not seeing … someone included in the GB trade?  Micheal Clemons moving inside?  JFM moving inside full time?

• Upvote 1
  • Doh! 1

What he has done is turn a strength into a weakness.  Rankins was good last year.
Instead of attacking free agency aggressively at DT, he has chosen to (I have no idea).
Did he create a need to draft DT early with OT and Center still huge needs?  All while holding onto Carl Lawson and Corey Davis?
I trust JD overall, maybe there’s something we are not seeing … someone included in the GB trade?  Micheal Clemons moving inside?  JFM moving inside full time?
I am very bummed by the Rankins departure.

The Jets have not replaced him as of yet.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Campbell would have been great but they need a big boy more then a rusher.... QW is the inside guy they need a gap filler... basically big body to take up blockers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Just because we need a player doesn't mean he is going to sign with us. Players pretty much dictate where they want to go, especially if the money is the same. He may want to live in Atlanta - who knows. It's not an indictment on JD every time we don't get a player. Since we are a better team, he must have had ties to the area or felt it was a better fit for him. Maybe he wants to be the only star on the Dline?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Campbell would have been great but they need a big boy more then a rusher.... QW is the inside guy they need a gap filler... basically big body to take up blockers.

There are a few of those in this draft. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

How can JD sign any of the (relatively) higher cost free agents without knowing exactly how much he will be paying for Rodgers? There are rumors that Rodgers will rework his deal, but until the ink is on the paper, we are left with uncertainties. THAT is why we need to get Rodgers signed ASAP.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

IDL is a big gap on this roster. We are going to need to figure this out quick. 

If by quick you mean May 22nd, which is the date of the first OTA, then I agree heartily.

Until then, it's just fans wanting answers, which is fine, but not really important to the team.

• Upvote 1

So the biggest needs on the defense are a couple of rotational DT's, an extra LB and

another S.  ALL non-premium positions that can be picked up later in free agency,

later in the draft or even late in camp.  Time to panic!!!

• Upvote 4

With as many DE's as we have and how physical Michael Clemons was I wonder if Saleh beefs him 

up and flips him inside to DT.  It would get him on the field more and maybe he could become a

Justin Tuck type for us

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

With as many DE's as we have and how physical Michael Clemons was I wonder if Saleh beefs him 

up and flips him inside to DT.  It would get him on the field more and maybe he could become a

Justin Tuck type for us

Now this idea a like ... Is Clemmons big enough ? ... his super hero body makes me wonder if he is suited for inside.