How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?

How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?

• NONE - he's the bEsT!!!!!!
    • 1-5: He's not the best but he's still elite or close to it
    • 6-10: He's still very good, but not as good as he once was
    • 11-15: He's still a good NFL QB but not much better than middle of the pack
    • 16-20: He's now slightly below average
    • 21-25: He kinda sucks
    • 26-31: He's bottom tier, might as well start the MILFHUNTER!!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

it's a fact.

Purdy should be in the discussion though as should Geno and Goff 

It's not 2017 anymore Purdy might not be top 5 on this mythical list (however you define it) but he had a better year than ARod 

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So per JN his floor is no worse than the 11th-best QB in the league, and yet a few here don't want him at all.

I want to see Rodgers become a Jet, but those who don’t have valid arguments to support their opinion. 
His contract, the cost in picks and cap implications, and not knowing if he’ll play more than one year. Then there’s one I rarely hear but which is actually my biggest concern, are we as good a team as many here think, and even if we are pretty good, can we get through the AFC gauntlet of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Jackson, Watson and Herbert?
Not to mention, our division is the toughest in the league, and our schedule is one of the hardest (granted, going off last years performances). If we don’t win the division, the odds of getting through that AFC gauntlet are even higher.

All that said, I would love to see what Rodgers can do here. It’s been so long since we’ve seen the QB position played the way he plays it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just an aside, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on DeShaun Watson. I give him a pass on last year after sitting out 1 1/2 seasons. 
I see him having a big year in Cleveland. Like the Jets however, they’re in a beast of a division. In fact, every division in the AFC is tough.

• Upvote 2

Just an aside, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on DeShaun Watson. I give him a pass on last year after sitting out 1 1/2 seasons. 
I see him having a big year in Cleveland. Like the Jets however, they’re in a beast of a division. In fact, every division in the AFC is tough.
One of the stories I'll be watching for sure. We are all waiting to see how bad that contract actually is. One of the reasons that the Moore trade was even possible was because Moore is still cheap... I'm interested in how Cleveland fields all pro talent around Watson and his contract.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I want to see Rodgers become a Jet, but those who don’t have valid arguments to support their opinion. 
His contract, the cost in picks and cap implications, and not knowing if he’ll play more than one year. Then there’s one I rarely hear but which is actually my biggest concern, are we as good a team as many here think, and even if we are pretty good, can we get through the AFC gauntlet of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Jackson, Watson and Herbert?
Not to mention, our division is the toughest in the league, and our schedule is one of the hardest (granted, going off last years performances). If we don’t win the division, the odds of getting through that AFC gauntlet are even higher.

All that said, I would love to see what Rodgers can do here. It’s been so long since we’ve seen the QB position played the way he plays it.

Which QB out there can we/could we have plucked that WILL get us over the top in the AFC?

Look, the goal is for Rodgers to come in here and win a title.  But short of that, I want a shot at a home playoff game for the first time in 21 years.  The likes of Carr/Jimmy G don’t really give us a shot at that.  Rodgers just might.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

Mahommes

Prescott

Lawrence

Allen 

Hurts

Burrow

Herbert

Jackson

Fields

Are all ahead of him at this stage of his career.

I'd say he's amongst the next group of.

Murray

Tua

Goff 

Carr 

Watson 

Wilson

I'd say drugs are bad.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I could see that for sure. 

He was an elite player before his hiatus 

18 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Mahomes, maybe Burrows.  Worst case 3.  

I agree.  Was having a tough time trying to decide if Burrows or Rogers should be #2.

However, if I could have anyone it would be Mahomes or Burrows.  Then I would go Rogers and Allen.

I think it's difficult to know given his age, the performance as recently as 2021, and his "downturn" last year.

If healthy/in the same realm as 2021? I think he's really only behind Mahomes, although with guys like Burrow and Allen in the mix you can debate it. I'd say he's clearly top 5.

But if last year was a harbinger of things to come? Probably closer to the lower end of the top ten. He could also fall off a cliff at that age. You don't really know.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Pac said:

Rodgers with no WRs and a broken thumb had a better day against our D than Allen did in his 2 games with Stefon Diggs.  

I love that people are underrating our boy this much.  2023 is going to be Arods revenge tour. 

The Anti-Rodgers crowd don't get this. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Old men also think Andy Dalton is better than Aaron Rodgers. 

That's more a function of how far Aaron Rodgers has declined rather than how good Andy Dalton is 

By the way the Jets with 2022 Andy Dalton starting are a playoff team 

It's not worth 50 mil per x3 for average qb play 

"How can you expect Rodgers to have a Rodgers like year when he was unfamiliar with his new WRs and the guys he did have were jags?"

also

"I'm fine with the Jets going after Lazard and Cobb and all the WRs because Rodgers likes them!"

also

"I'm fine with Rodgers not being available until the start of camp cause he's a vet and he needs no prep time and he knows Hacketts system."

lol-no.gif

• Upvote 3

I thought Rodgers had a pretty meh season but looking through the list of NFL QBs, he really clearly is in the top 10 and you can make a case for the top 5. Part of it is that he's still good, but part of it is also that the NFL doesn't have a lot of great QBs right now.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That's more a function of how far Aaron Rodgers has declined rather than how good Andy Dalton is 

I have mixed feelings about the contract and Rodgers' willingness to play more than a year. That said, I'm trying to make sense of the comment that he is declining. We know he played with a broken thumb in 2022. Even with that, he had a 65% completion rate, threw for 3700 yards, 26 TDs vs 12 interceptions and a 91 passer rating. In 2021, he was better across the board than he was in 2018 and 2019. Read across completion %, yards, TD's Interceptions, Passer Rating.

Where is this supposed decline you speak of?

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I have mixed feelings about the contract and Rodgers' willingness to play more than a year. That said, I'm trying to make sense of the comment that he is declining. We know he played with a broken thumb in 2022

Where is this supposed decline you speak of?

It happened in 2022, the year you didnt list 

The broken thumb wasn't a fluke it was a sign of decline 

Guys hit the end of their career and go right over the cliff 

I don't know why this is such a controversial statement, other than that people don't want it to be true 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Lol, it’s probably more a function of what trolling concept is going to get the most inflamed reaction. 

I don't know why this is such a controversial statement, other than that people don't want it to be true 

He sucked in 2022? Yes.

A broken thumb is neither a fluke nor an indicator of anything breaking down. 

Yes guys do go over a cliff at end of their careers. Some guys have a bad year too. Neither you or I can 100% say what it is. Yet, you still are. LOL

It's not controversial, it's simply an opinion of a person who has a tendency to say controversial things sometimes. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Rodgers led the NFL in passing rating in 2020 and 2021, then he loses Davante Adams and plays with a broken thumb on his passing hand. I think if he's healthy and he's surrounded by some really good skill position players, he could vault back into the top 5 in passer rating next season. I also think Aaron Rodgers is going to be highly motivated to show everyone he's still got it in 2023. Can't wait. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

There's no need to sit here picking the fly sh*t out of the pepper re: Purdy and Tua. Rodgers had an average QB rating last year. THAT is a totally uncontroversial statement of fact. Also, Brock Purdy led the NFL in QB rating last year. THAT is another totally uncontroversial statement of fact. 

fixed 

Lamar Jackson must be old. Hurt two years in a row. Mike White ....old too. Kyler Murray. Ancient. Joe Burrow. A senior citizen. Even our own beloved Zack Wilson got hurt. It must be his ripe old age.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Lamar Jackson must be old. Hurt two years in a row. Mike White ....old too. Kyler Murray. Ancient. Joe Burrow. A senior citizen. Even our own beloved Zack Wilson got hurt. It must be his ripe old age.

Mike White is one of those guys who was 45 when he was 20!