How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?

How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?

• NONE - he's the bEsT!!!!!!
    • 1-5: He's not the best but he's still elite or close to it
    • 6-10: He's still very good, but not as good as he once was
    • 11-15: He's still a good NFL QB but not much better than middle of the pack
    • 16-20: He's now slightly below average
    • 21-25: He kinda sucks
    • 26-31: He's bottom tier, might as well start the MILFHUNTER!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, interesting!

What did they play? Chess? Singles Tennis? Bowling? Badminton? 

Was it televised? 

Fans of Aaron Rodgers should go back to that game against the NYJ, watch it and then come back here and say he's worth 50 mil per season x3

The guy is done. 40 in nfl terms might as well be 80 in people terms 

Tom Brady with his cheating stem cell therapy is the exception that proves the rule 

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Josh Allen also lost to Zach Wilson.

Using Bitonti logic:

Zach Wilson > Josh Allen

Zach Wilson > Aaron Rodgers

Josh Allen lost to the jets because Bryce huff tore his elbow on what would have been the game winning drive... Allen also beat the pants off the Jets the second time, resoundingly 

This tactic in debate is called "what about ism" btw

you're not actually proving Aaron Rodgers is good you're just saying what about this or what about that? 

Josh Allen is probably going to beat the Jets 2x this year, Rodgers or not 

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jimmy G has missed 18 games over the last 3 seasons.  How many has Rodgers missed?

Again I ask:  Are you hell bent on seeing Zach Wilson under center next season?

I never said jimmy g was Ironman what I said was 31 year old Jimmy and 40 year old Rodgers carry about the same injury risk. Jimmy is just way cheaper 

Of course I don't want to see Zach again but that's going to happen with or without Rodgers 

If the Jets were run correctly the team cancer known as Zach Wilson wouldn't be on the roster at all 

They are not a well run team that's often the case with last place teams 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Allen lost to the jets because Bryce huff tore his elbow on what would have been the game winning drive... Allen also beat the pants off the Jets the second time, resoundingly 

you're not actually proving Aaron Rodgers is good you're just saying what about this or what about that? 

So, Bryce Huff > Josh Allen. 

• Haha 1

Brock Purdy could be the next Tom Brady
It's not trolling the kid was good last year, the Sfo made it to the nfc cg 
Aaron rodgers wasn't good last year, and they lost to Jared Goff on Sunday night football to go 8-9
By Aaron Rodgers standards he was not good last year. By passer rating he was right in the middle at 17. One guy he was better than was Derek Carr, the guy some people were pining for.
  • Upvote 1

Brock Purdy played well last year. Aaron Rodgers lost to Zach Wilson 
The cap hit on Rodgers in 2025 is insane 
If wins and losses are a QB stat, than Wilson wasn't that bad. But unfortunately it's a team stat. You really like to invent arguments. Bad ones.
  • Upvote 1

I think if we are talking strictly 2023, I have him in my top 5. 

Mahomes/Allen/Burrow.  

Besides the hand injury, last year's Packers had a ton of problems on offense.   Their offensive line, especially the interior, struggled with protection.  Watson was injured for parts of the season (I think he missed first 5 weeks or so), so it was Lazard, and a bunch of rookies.  I still don't understand why the Packers extended him last season.  It was clearly set up to move onto Love, there were tons of interest in him, and they could have done a quick rebuild.

You take Rodgers and put him on the Chargers last year, and I think he performs better than Herbert.  

If you are talking long terms, he falls down that list easily.  

I would say in the 15-20 range, just because of his age and probability of retirement.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
21 minutes ago, bitonti said:
Brock Purdy played well last year. Aaron Rodgers lost to Zach Wilson 
The cap hit on Rodgers in 2025 is insane 

If wins and losses are a QB stat, than Wilson was that bad. But unfortunately it's a team stat. You really like to invent arguments. Bad ones.

Because bit doesn't care about making cogent arguments.  He only cares about being right.  And even when he's wrong, he's right.

It's a win-win every time.  

Fans of Aaron Rodgers should go back to that game against the NYJ, watch it and then come back here and say he's worth 50 mil per season x3
Tom Brady with his cheating stem cell therapy is the exception that proves the rule 

Why are you trolling your own team's fans? Are you that miserable that you need to be a giant pain in the ass?
  • Haha 2

Just now, bicketybam said:
10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Why are you trolling your own team's fans? Are you that miserable that you need to be a giant pain in the ass?

Haven't you heard?  Bit is the only Jets poster on JN who was ever treated unfairly for thinking Zach Wilson would be bad.  This is his revenge tour.  

• Haha 1

I hope he’s a top 3 QB the next two years. But I’m not blind. He regressed last year and will regress further each year. He will be lucky to be in the top 10 this year. I’m not expecting the type of first season Favre had with the Vikings but would of course be ecstatic if he did. In fact, I’d love him to play at a top 10 level the next two years. Would be a nice welcome change here from the bottom 3 we’ve been in the last decade it seems. 

Cycle starts again in 2025 when we can trade for…Mahomes? One can dream. 

Just now, bicketybam said:
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because bit doesn't care about making cogent arguments.  He only cares about being right.  And even when he's wrong, he's right.
It's a win-win every time.  

If that dude's cares about being right he's got some serious problems.

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ok, friend. we'll find out soon enough. I personally think he's going to be pretty motivated to have at least one good year for a new team, mainly because the guy takes everything personally and has a giant chip on his shoulder. 

Having said that, from here on out, I will let you pop off as much as you want to about how 100% washed Aaron Rodgers is. Let's revisit next year. 

I stand down. The floor is yours :) 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Haven't you heard?  Bit is the only Jets poster on JN who was ever treated unfairly for thinking Zach Wilson would be bad.  This is his revenge tour.  

Haven't you heard? Aaron Rodgers has a Dorian gray mirror in his attic and is aging in reverse 

Don't blame me for the passage of time 

There's a reason why he's not welcome back in green Bay 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is actually a really good question 

I guess I do it because everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts 

Aaron rodgers is old and declining it's a fact 

I can't just sit there and pretend he's awesome because we hope he's awesome 

Just like I couldn't pretend Zach was great when he wasn't 

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Now do Jimmy G

Jimmy G is flawed but in comparison to Rodgers very cheap. I'm not saying they are a super bowl contender with jimmy g. The jets are not 1 player away 

The Aaron Rodgers contract is an atrocity. Especially in year 2 and 3. It's a hail Mary by JD to try to save his job 

The Jets should build through the draft. That's the whole reason why they took Zach in the first place. 

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This just keeps getting better. :rl: 

More Bitonti logic:

If a loss in the Jets/GB game followed being the first after Rodgers breaking his thumb in the 4th Q of the prior game vs the Giants, (plus the 4th Q loss to the NYG that prior week, too), it's a knock on said injured (and therefore, injury-prone) QB.

Therefore if Josh Allen tore his elbow it means he's injury prone and that's part of the package with this sub-Zach QB.

So to tally up what we've got so far...

• Don't spend Woody Johnson's money (recall years of prior claims that he is cash poor); instead hoard cap space for 2-3 seasons from now to extend the most recent draft picks.
  • Don't acquire Aaron Rodgers due to injury concerns. Instead, acquire Jimmy Garoppolo.
  • Aaron Rodgers is a below-average QB.
  • Brock Purdy = Tom Brady
  • Zach Wilson > Aaron Rodgers
  • Zach Wilson > Josh Allen
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Having said that, from here on out, I will let you pop off as much as you want to about how 100% washed Aaron Rodgers is. Let's revisit next year. 

I stand down. The floor is yours :) 

If I'm wrong and Aaron Rodgers is amazing as a NYJ the board won't ever let me forget it 

If I'm right and Aaron Rodgers is a Kirk cousins level mid tier qb or worse, no one will say jack squat about it 

I don't switch usernames I stand by my predictions for better or worse 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I never said jimmy g was Ironman what I said was 31 year old Jimmy and 40 year old Rodgers carry about the same injury risk. Jimmy is just way cheaper 

Of course I don't want to see Zach again but that's going to happen with or without Rodgers 

If the Jets were run correctly the team cancer known as Zach Wilson wouldn't be on the roster at all 

They are not a well run team that's often the case with last place teams 

Why same injury risk they are different ages?  Your whole thing here is Aaron turns 40 and the body breaks down at 40 starting with a thumb fracture. 

Jimmy and 31, according to you he should be almost a decade away from Rodgers level of injuring potential. 

But we all know he’s not. Almost like there is other factors, no? 

This technique in debate is called calling your bullshit. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

This just keeps getting better. :rl: 

More Bitonti logic:

If a loss in the Jets/GB game followed being the first after Rodgers breaking his thumb in the 4th Q of the prior game vs the Giants, (plus the 4th Q loss to the NYG that prior week, too), it's a knock on said injured (and therefore, injury-prone) QB.

Therefore if Josh Allen tore his elbow it means he's injury prone and that's part of the package with this sub-Zach QB.

So to tally up what we've got so far...

• Don't spend Woody Johnson's money (recall years of prior claims that he is cash poor); instead hoard cap space for 2-3 seasons from now to extend the most recent draft picks.
  • Don't acquire Aaron Rodgers due to injury concerns. Instead, acquire Jimmy Garoppolo.
  • Aaron Rodgers is a below-average QB.
  • Brock Purdy = Tom Brady
  • Zach Wilson > Aaron Rodgers
  • Zach Wilson > Josh Allen

Dude I never said Zach was better than Aaron or better than allen.

But just the same proving I'm not consistent or logical is not the same as proving that Aaron Rodgers is worth the trade in picks and the contract 

2 2nd Rd picks is not nothing. This franchise bemoaned the loss of 3 2nds during the darnold Era. 

If you want to debate in good faith let's talk about Aaron Rodgers. Not me

In debate circles this is another ad hominem tactic called attacking the source 

Just like when people tried to say my Zach evaluation was off because I hate Mormons 

Can't we just debate the subject at hand without debating my personal character? 

After all I don't bring up the fact you thought dbrick was expensive and overrated in every thread 

But I could. I could even bring up your mod status and say you should be above personal attacks 

That's not debate to cross examine the witness for credibility. Let's just talk about Aaron Rodgers. Not what I said 5 years ago 

He's old. Old qbs like Vinny T and Favre get hurt. It's Namath on the rams 

Your turn. But try not to attack me during it. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

Why same injury risk they are different ages?  Your whole thing here is Aaron turns 40 and the body breaks down at 40 starting with a thumb fracture. 

Jimmy and 31, according to you he should be almost a decade away from Rodgers level of injuring potential. 

But we all know he’s not. Almost like there is other factors, no? 

This technique in debate is called calling your bullsh*t. 

It's not just a thumb fracture he also had ribs and toe injury the year before 

Over the course of his career, he's broken both collarbones, he's had 3 concussions documented, knee stuff and shoulder stuff (soft tissue damage) 

The dude has been in the league 18 years.

I'm saying that Jimmy G with all his injuries at 31 and Aaron with all his injuries at 40 have similar tread on the tires left 

Oh yeah and by the way the Jets line sucks. It's not like he's going to be super protected 

The whole thing is bad idea jeans. He's not Brady. 

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jimmy G is flawed but in comparison to Rodgers very cheap. I'm not saying they are a super bowl contender with jimmy g. The jets are not 1 player away 

The Aaron Rodgers contract is an atrocity. Especially in year 2 and 3. It's a hail Mary by JD to try to save his job 

The Jets should build through the draft. That's the whole reason why they took Zach in the first place. 

Cannot for the life of me imagine why Jimmy G would be cheaper than Aaron Rodgers.

Just now, bitonti said:

Dude I never said Zach was better than Aaron or better than allen.

But just the same proving I'm not consistent or logical is not the same as proving that Aaron Rodgers is worth the trade in picks and the contract 

2 2nd Rd picks is not nothing. This franchise bemoaned the loss of 3 2nds during the darnold Era. 

If you want to debate in good faith let's talk about Aaron Rodgers. Not me

In debate circles this is another ad hominem tactic called attacking the source 

Just like when people tried to say my Zach evaluation was off because I hate Mormons 

Can't we just debate the subject at hand without debating my personal character? 

After all I don't bring up the fact you thought dbrick was expensive and overrated in every thread 

But I could. I could even bring up your mod status and say you should be above personal attacks 

That's not debate to cross examine the witness for credibility. Let's just talk about Aaron Rodgers. Not what I said 5 years ago 

He's old. Old qbs like Vinny T and Favre get hurt. It's Namath on the rams 

Your turn. But try not to attack me during it. 

I'm just trying to apply the logic you use for one player over to other players. 

And come on, no one is attacking you any more than you suggest my retorts are nothing more than baseless argumentative tactics. Was that an ad hominem attack on the source? It's beneath me to even suggest that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Didn't he hurt his finger the game before?  Wasn't his roster sorta weak last year?

I think you may be over-stating how bad he is.

The "Done" Rodgers production in his down year last year would have been the 4th best in Jets history.

If that is done, I'll take that level of done for a year or two, while we see if we an find a longer-term solution at QB and continue to build the roster.

It's certainly rare, but not as rare as "just Tom Brady".

No question, it's a risk.  

But I'm not sure there is a alternate option (other than tanking) for 2023-2024 at this point.

Jimmy G was never a real option, Carr is gone (as was disliked by a lot of the fanbase tbqh), few had any faith in Mayfield/Minshew, and this is a weak draft class where we're picking 13th, likely after the top 3-4 guys are gone (and they're not that great of a top 4 guys anyway).

Sorta is what it is, isn't it?  At least a Rodgers-led year or two won't be boring.

• Upvote 3

I think bigger concern than laundry listing his injuries is the time he spent not playing over his career because of them. The see how much time Jimmy G missed because of his injuries. That alone is a better prognosticator of what QB is more likely to hold up and not miss games. 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Over the course of his career, he's broken both collarbones, he's had 3 concussions documented, knee stuff and shoulder stuff (soft tissue damage) 

I'm saying that Jimmy G with all his injuries at 31 and Aaron with all his injuries at 40 have similar tread on the tires left 

Oh yeah and by the way the Jets line sucks. It's not like he's going to be super protected 

I

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 10:58 AM, Jet2020 said:

I hope he’s a top 3 QB the next two years. But I’m not blind. He regressed last year and will regress further each year. He will be lucky to be in the top 10 this year. I’m not expecting the type of first season Favre had with the Vikings but would of course be ecstatic if he did. In fact, I’d love him to play at a top 10 level the next two years. Would be a nice welcome change here from the bottom 3 we’ve been in the last decade it seems. 

Cycle starts again in 2025 when we can trade for…Mahomes? One can dream. 

By “regress” you mean playing with a broken thumb on his throwing hand and having nothing but garbage WRs or rookies?

On 3/31/2023 at 11:55 AM, bitonti said:

Our OL isn’t that bad.  Our QBs all sucked and/or were statues

On 3/31/2023 at 10:49 AM, bitonti said:

And Aaron Rodgers "lost to Zach Wilson" because QW was ******* unblockable that day. 

Sheesh, man.