NFL Potentially Looking To Have Games 7 Nights A Week, Own Every Primetime Slot | Pat McAfee Reacts

I suppose with just one game on for the night there will be fewer games where (non-Sunday Ticket subscriber fans) are blocked out on local tv because they don’t live in their favorite teams’ home areas.

It will generate more to the collective revenue share, which will in turn raise the salary cap, which will raise player pay for the same # of games.

I’m beyond against it, because none of the above benefits me personally & I’m a selfish douche who isn’t interested in choosing between sitting in front of the TV 7 days per week and missing football games. Also my Netflix stock will plummet.

• Haha 1

As much as I used to love watching football, I rarely watch primetime games due to over-saturation.   It's like eating the same thing for dinner every night, no matter how much you like it, you will get sick of it.  These greedy bastards will kill the golden goose.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

As much as I used to love watching football, I rarely watch primetime games due to over-saturation.   It's like eating the same thing for dinner every night, no matter how much you like it, you will get sick of it.  These greedy bastards will kill the golden goose.

The one thing I'll give the NFL credit on is that defense has come back into the picture.

A lot of people (not me) loved that MNF game with (IIRC) the Rams/Chiefs where the score was something like 54-51.  I thought that was a sign of the way the NFL was heading and that it would be the end of the league as we knew it.  Thankfully, defense matters again (though still not enough).

• Upvote 2

Ugh... Bad move.  I don't even like the Thursday night games.  An NFL football season should be short and intense. Each game being a special events that is waited upon and cherished with energetic zeal.  That goes along with the nature of the game of football itself.  Consider any given single play in a football game.  It is a momentary explosion of power, speed and technical proficiency that is orchestrated by minds that are accounting for thousands of moves and counter moves.  Thousands of moving parts both intellectual and physical. Nothing like it anywhere.  Overexposure would be awful. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Greedy corporate ghouls give zero ****s about player safety, quality of play, or game integrity.

Lmao how can so many say this here but we have an entire thread of people dragging Lamar for asking for what he’s worth from these slimy bastards.

Lmao many of you here suck I’m sorry 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

How much money do these greedy bastards need? 

They have hurt the ability for "real" fans (people that go to the stadia) to make plans and travel to select games. This will make it worse. That gambling money sure is addictive. 

If you don't go to games you aren't a real fan?

I have little interest in going to a Thursday night game, and would have less than zero interest in going to a Tuesday or Wednesday night game. Even Monday nights have lost their luster from what they used to be back in the heyday of MNF. 

And as for watching games on TV, I too like to sit down on Sunday and know that's NFL football day. That sets it apart from MLB, NBA and NHL.