NFL Potentially Looking To Have Games 7 Nights A Week, Own Every Primetime Slot | Pat McAfee Reacts

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Sundays are for football. One game on Monday, one on Thursday. Thats all.

Expanding it would ruin it

Don't need the Thursday one either.  

But if they're gung ho about it and potentially expanding it (hence the flex announcement), they at least need to institute extra bye(s) so teams never have to play on 4-days rest.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

There is a huge gray area between the places where only parents go to HS games and those Texas towns where everybody goes. Those are the areas that will be impacted.

Will they?  If those Texas towns love HS football that much, they'll choose HS Football over some Texans game, surely.

6 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

But, I mean, if you don't really care about them so be it.

I really, truly don't.

With that said, as noted in my first reply, I do not support NFL football on any day but Sundays personally, so while I may not care about them, our desires, perhaps, are in alignment.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:42 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't need the Thursday one either.  

But if they're gung ho about it and potentially expanding it (hence the flex announcement), they at least need to institute extra bye(s) so teams never have to play on 4-days rest.

Teams will go Full Popovich on this and start playing their backups on Thursdays, as they should. Those games are horrible anyway. Hell, they should roll out the practice squads for the Euro games, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Teams will go Full Popovich on this and start playing their backups on Thursdays, as they should. Those games are horrible anyway. Hell, they should roll out the practice squads for the Euro games, too. 

I would love to see that.  Turn these games into glorified AAF contests.  

On 3/30/2023 at 7:49 AM, chirorob said:

Terrible idea

Part of what makes football is the demand, it's not baseball, it's not on every day.

Thursday night usually sucks.  Adding Tuesday will be more crap.

Friday is for HS football, which is a big deal in the south and southwest.   Saturday is for college, and the NFL is stupid to compete with that.

Having lived in the Northeast my whole life, "Friday is for HS football" absolutely blows my mind. 

I grew up on L.I. we did good enough one year to have a game of Hoffstra. Even then, it was MAYBE half full. I had .5 sacks in that game, it was really a whole one. I was robbed. Highlight of my football career ?

1 sack (.5), 1 game. *insert Al Bundy gif*

• Upvote 1

I am conflicted ... Being a traditionalist ... I have always wanted Football ONLY on Sundays and Mon Night.  It made Sunday unique AND made Primetime truly  special.  But since the advent of Thursday night crapfest I have become more amenable to the idea of nightly games. The NFL wants the Fantasy Football/Gambling crowd to be able to watch their rosters. Honestly ... nostalgia left the building with Draft Kings. So i really have become apathetic toward all of this.

Edited by Dunnie

Only way that works is if you coordinate it within 17 games over 19 weeks, 2 byes,  and extend the season to President's Day weekend so day after the Super Bowl is  a national holiday anyway. They've wanted to do that forever anyway. And require NOBODY plays 2 games within 5 days. Been too many Thursday games that were ragged because the players didn't have sufficient recovery time.