OBJ reportedly lowers asking price to $15 mil per year

AFJF

Worth it or not?

From Albert Breer Column:

Aaron Rodgers trade should happen soon due to the GMs involved - Sports Illustrated

Word before his appearance at the Arizona Biltmore on Tuesday was that Odell Beckham Jr. was looking for something in the neighborhood of $15 million per year. That’s down from where he was previously, so I do think there’s room for negotiation here, and I do think showing up at the hotel where the owners’ meetings were taking place was a savvy move from a business standpoint.

First of all he most likely never said any of that. Just like he didn't say he wanted 20 mil per. These reporters are totally out of control.

If JD can get him on the cheap I think he would be fine   I think these guys will be all in for a SB with Rodgers at the helm.  Key factor Rodgers can handle the WR room just fine and have no problem spreading the ball around

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Worth it or not?

From Albert Breer Column:

Aaron Rodgers trade should happen soon due to the GMs involved - Sports Illustrated

Word before his appearance at the Arizona Biltmore on Tuesday was that Odell Beckham Jr. was looking for something in the neighborhood of $15 million per year. That’s down from where he was previously, so I do think there’s room for negotiation here, and I do think showing up at the hotel where the owners’ meetings were taking place was a savvy move from a business standpoint.

Nope. Too much.

42 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

He will not get 15 million from any team unless they are desperate. It will be at most 10 million.  He has not played in over a year coming off a second straight ACL to the same knee.

This going to be like one of those Pawn Stars Negotiations. "I'd like 15 million", "8.2, highest I can go", "How about 10?", "haha, how about 7?", "8.2 sounds great!"

WAY too much $$$.  He brings way too much drama and "divaness" to the WR position and I 

don't want that around Garrett Wilson.  If he wants to be here take a low base salary with a

ton of incentives

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

I’d give him 8-10 that could become 15 if he hits a handful of incentives. 

I'm with you but think it will be a base of 8 with lofty but achievable incentives that get him to 12.

Still think he's replacing Corey for right around same cost which is fine by me! 

• Upvote 2

Too much money. I would rather keep Davis if that’s his price. Our running game with a good OL and Lazard/Davis blocking would be special. Just wont be as dynamic passing and we will relay too much on Wilson.

I still prefer OBJ to Davis but not at that price. Something more around $8-10M makes more sense.

Wait one second here, players demands can actually come done from what they were reported to be?  Novel.
Yeah, when he figured out no one was going to give him his original asking price. That mensa member, Lamar, should give that a try.
  • Haha 1