Wil Levis reportedly plummeting down draft boards

4 hours ago, derp said:

And he puts mayonnaise in his coffee.

Because he has a strong fear of milk... seriously.... I can't stand Will Levis  the person or his crappy prospect profile and anyone who advocates drafting him has water on the brain. 

Defensive Linemen taking a big mouthfull of milk onto the field and foaming at the mouth with it would be very entertaining.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Articles say it appears to be an attitude and entitlement thing. Obviously we have been through this before but if he does indeed drop to us at 42/43, is it considered or does the fact he is 24 years old and its character thing, not worth the risk ? Its being said he has all the tools, 6’4” huge arm and mobile. 

It’s also being reported, maybe these reports are planted by team(s) that in fact want him. Either way, if he does indeed drop to day 2, trading up to the 3rd round seems like a low risk high reward pick. Thoughts ?

As long as he doesn’t have a doosh attitude like zachery, it’s fine lol 

• Thumb Down 1

Always weary of the pre-draft reports from this guy but I think Levis is just a flawed prospect overall. He has plenty of arm and I love his release - it's elite - but his footwork is really bad and you don't see enough jaw dropping playmaking ability outside of structure as a thrower for a guy whose hyped as a "traits" athlete. He clearly has some toughness and is explosive, but he's too aggressive as a runner and I can easily see him continuing his streak of nagging injuries if he keeps it up. It's not often you watch someone and find a perfect comparison for them, but Jake Locker is it... they are the exact same player. Levis has a better completion percentage but I would attribute that to the offensive scheme more so than his own natural inclination to be accurate. I think Locker was more loose as a runner whereas Levis is a little more stiff, but overall they're extremely similar to me.

Having been said, I think he can be successful depending on where he lands (i.e. NYG and PHI would be perfect situations for him), but easy to see why there's a lot more skepticism around him. Comparatively speaking, if you're going to take a "traits" QB I'm going with Anthony Richardson > Will Levis by a mile, and I think that's what hurts Levis's draft stock more than anything... there's usually only 1 team who is willing to take a traits-only player and develop him in the top 10 (if any), and if you're one of those teams you're taking AR. If Tennessee doesn't take Levis I'm having a hard time seeing where he'll end up. Maybe Baltimore? Minnesota? Rams?

• Upvote 4

If a guy is acing or bombing an interview all depends on the guys doing the interviewing.

Some guys look at a Qb prospect and say, he's cocky and arrogant and an ass and thinks he is hot stuff!  Bomb!

Others will look at a Qb prospect and say, he's cocky and arrogant and an ass and thinks he is hot stuff!  He is just what we want as a confident leader!

They might interview another guy who is cerebral, humble and quiet and say "His film is good, but too quiet is this guy a leader or a follower?

• Upvote 2

I know that one of these QBs is going to be good (it’s Bryce Young) and the other three will be dumpster fires, but I’d find a way to punt on this class if I had the chance. Levis needs a ton of work, Stroud can’t function under pressure, Young will inevitably get crushed, and Richardson is five years away from being functional. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Maybe, I think 2025 is going to be a wash anyway. If he looks promising enough over this year, I'd plan to exercise it.

Bro no way they are picking up Zachs 5th, for what? If he plays well during the preseason and on the practice squad? Give me a break the Jets will sign another vet and likely draft a dude. Most of the top QBs in this league are not top 5 picks. 

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Bro no way they are picking up Zachs 5th, for what? If he plays well during the preseason and on the practice squad? Give me a break the Jets will sign another vet and likely draft a dude. Most of the top QBs in this league are not top 5 picks. 

If they really like a QB, I endorse the selection. I'm just saying, I would be fine going 100% all in on Rodgers for these 2 years. I think they will value Zach in a contract year after 2 years behind Rodgers vs a vet.

I think we'll be drafting a QB in next year's draft. 
If Rogers wins a ring they will draft another guy next year and let him compete with Zack. They will have earned some leeway with the fans at that point. The ring buys time.....even a home playoff game will get this current leadership some extra time because fans are so desperate for some semblance of a winning team.

#thethirstisreal

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

15 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

It may be an unpopular opinion but I kinda like going all in with every pick to support Rodgers/SB these next 2 seasons and then throwing up the Hail Mary with Zach in 2025 against a low cost vet. His upside is so much higher than any prospect we could bring in over these next 2 years. 

If his floor is still as low as it has been they we will be within striking distance of a QB in the 2026 draft with a vet on the roster who has already been with the team the year prior.

I like your thinking but our roster is just too good, even with Zack under center, to get us with in striking distance of drafting a QB in 2026. 

• Sympathy 1

On 3/31/2023 at 1:11 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

‘Tis the season of bogus draft reports from teams who want guys where they think they should go.  So who knows.  

He’s a year older than Wilson today.  

And fans who don’t understand this

• Upvote 1

I know it’s just a function of draft szn being too long and all of these QBs being meh, but this effort to infantilize Anthony Richardson and treat every one of the ~20 good plays he made last year like they’re harbingers of eliteness is troubling. How many of these “Yes, he finished 9 of 24…but those nine!” breakdowns are we gonna get? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know it’s just a function of draft szn being too long and all of these QBs being meh, but this effort to infantilize Anthony Richardson and treat every one of the ~20 good plays he made last year like they’re harbingers of eliteness is troubling. How many of these “Yes, he finished 9 of 24…but those nine!” breakdowns are we gonna get? 

That one's not about the 9 though, right? It's about the 15.

Generally speaking, I don't really care if the ball got caught or not at the college level, I care if he's able to make the right read and put the ball in the right location where only the receiver can make a play on it - particularly in tight window situations. Versus every drooling over Baker Mayfield completing 70% of his passes at Oklahoma when he was behind or to the wrong shoulder on guys who were so absolutely wide open it didn't matter - that kind of stuff doesn't translate but people see 70% completion and think that means he's accurate. It doesn't.

Not saying Richardson *is* Josh Allen, but when I watched Allen coming out there was a lot of him putting the ball in the right spot and the pass catchers at Wyoming not being able to make the plays he put them in position to make. Also a lot of him just missing throws, which needed to get better kind of like Richardson. I acknowledged Allen's downside in 2018 but liked him more than board consensus because I thought his play was better than his statistics and the tools were just insane. That and when you're taking a big swing on a guy like that, it's pretty easy to figure out whether he's got it or not and move on quickly if the answer is that he doesn't have it.

Ultimately it'll boil down to Richardson's work ethic and how much time his team gives him. I think if he lands in Seattle or Detroit there's a real chance he's the best QB in the NFC in a few years - which is a nice spot for a team to be in with most of the high end young QB's playing in the AFC. Would be less bullish on him somewhere I don't think will give him time. 

56 minutes ago, derp said:

That one's not about the 9 though, right? It's about the 15.

Generally speaking, I don't really care if the ball got caught or not at the college level, I care if he's able to make the right read and put the ball in the right location where only the receiver can make a play on it - particularly in tight window situations. Versus every drooling over Baker Mayfield completing 70% of his passes at Oklahoma when he was behind or to the wrong shoulder on guys who were so absolutely wide open it didn't matter - that kind of stuff doesn't translate but people see 70% completion and think that means he's accurate. It doesn't.

Not saying Richardson *is* Josh Allen, but when I watched Allen coming out there was a lot of him putting the ball in the right spot and the pass catchers at Wyoming not being able to make the plays he put them in position to make. Also a lot of him just missing throws, which needed to get better kind of like Richardson. I acknowledged Allen's downside in 2018 but liked him more than board consensus because I thought his play was better than his statistics and the tools were just insane. That and when you're taking a big swing on a guy like that, it's pretty easy to figure out whether he's got it or not and move on quickly if the answer is that he doesn't have it.

Ultimately it'll boil down to Richardson's work ethic and how much time his team gives him. I think if he lands in Seattle or Detroit there's a real chance he's the best QB in the NFC in a few years - which is a nice spot for a team to be in with most of the high end young QB's playing in the AFC. Would be less bullish on him somewhere I don't think will give him time. 

He was 9 of 27 in that FSU game. I’ve never seen the draft community work so hard to make excuses for a prospect not completing passes consistently as I’ve seen in the case of Richardson, and it all feels like reverse engineering because he ran fast at the Combine. I saw Nate Tice do a similar exercise last week, which was odd because Tice has always been the guy who cautioned against comparing prospects to Allen because he’s been a one-of-one outlier (below is a meme that he, himself, posted previously). I get the whole “if he lands in the right spot” idea, but even that’s a giveaway as to how these guys really feel about Richardson. 

F5B466D7-9507-44BD-8F3F-5869CEC891CF.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He was 9 of 27 in that FSU game. I’ve never seen the draft community work so hard to make excuses for a prospect not completing passes consistently as I’ve seen in the case of Richardson, and it all feels like reverse engineering because he ran fast at the Combine. I saw Nate Tice do a similar exercise last week, which was odd because Tice has always been the guy who cautioned against comparing prospects to Allen because he’s been a one-of-one outlier (below is a meme that he, himself, posted previously). I get the whole “if he lands in the right spot” idea, but even that’s a giveaway as to how these guys really feel about Richardson. 

F5B466D7-9507-44BD-8F3F-5869CEC891CF.jpeg

Then the video was about the 18, not the 15 - I did math off what you posted the first time. And again, this was the exact same thing people did with Allen. I recall because I remember arguing about how silly completion percentages were in 2018.

Throws in the right spot that get dropped don’t mean he’s Allen, but they do mean that if someone brings that up and you’re going to be critical, the criticism needs to be more nuanced than “but completion percentage” because that’s a pretty worthless stat in college. And to be fair, folks have made more nuanced criticisms that were totally reasonable.

24 minutes ago, derp said:

Then the video was about the 18, not the 15 - I did math off what you posted the first time. And again, this was the exact same thing people did with Allen. I recall because I remember arguing about how silly completion percentages were in 2018.

Throws in the right spot that get dropped don’t mean he’s Allen, but they do mean that if someone brings that up and you’re going to be critical, the criticism needs to be more nuanced than “but completion percentage” because that’s a pretty worthless stat in college. And to be fair, folks have made more nuanced criticisms that were totally reasonable.

I think there’s a nuanced way to talk about accuracy outside of just completion percentages. Would you say that Richardson is accurate, by any measure? 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think there’s a nuanced way to talk about accuracy outside of just completion percentages. Would you say that Richardson is accurate, by any measure? 

I think he flashes excellent ball placement but is extremely inconsistent. Presumably teams feel the inconsistency is mechanics based, thus him being so well liked. It’s hard to accidentally throw anything to what’s actually the right spot like Nguyen shows in that video on the incompletions, especially when you’re talking about smaller windows, so I’d guess that’s why folks think he can clean things up.

• Upvote 1