Wil Levis reportedly plummeting down draft boards

On 3/31/2023 at 11:00 AM, Lurker89 said:

Maybe it because he's an atrocious one read panic running crappy prospect....

My God for the 100th time playing poorly in the SEC does not make him a a good prospect. He has a good arm with  a poor processor  and has prototypical size. People are falling in love with the arm and size and making excuses for the plethora of red flags.

He is a poor mans Blake Bortles

He's absolutely nothing like that. Maybe he wont work out in the NFL but from the tape I watched he was not a one read QB at all not in the least . Im not saying he's going to be good at the NFL level but all the video I saw on him his head was on a swivel most of the time and had no problem at all scanning the field.

With that being said WTF does this league know about QB's anyhow 

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He's absolutely nothing like that. Maybe he wont work out in the NFL but from the tape I watched he was not a one read QB at all not in the least . Im not saying he's going to be good at the NFL level but all the video I saw on him his head was on a swivel most of the time and had no problem at all scanning the field.

The jets getting him in the second is an absolute steal. Boomer was taken in rd2 in 84

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Yes let’s take a safety in round two.  Need to try and get our defense from 2nd ranked to first.  Our 25th offense should be fine now that we have Rodgers.  What a joke. 

Arguably it would be. Guys were open all day and if hall is back. We don't even really need to throw.

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Agree to disagree.... instead of staring down his primary, sometimes his head is moving while he misreads the field...cool.

**** Levis, his horrible prospect profile, and his s*itty tape that I watched way too much of.

I've been happy to watch him fall out of the first and will enjoy his continued fall.

He should be a third round at best developmental QB pick.(thank god we don't have a third to burn on him)

My gripe is the legion of morons who thought he deserved top 5 consideration.... and his fear of milk... and I don't like him.

Poor mans Blake Bortles in both stats and traits.

I think the NFL looks at Levis and sees Hackenburg and Zach Wilson, at least skills and personality.  Maybe Blake Bortles in skills.   No coincidence the Jets picked two of those players.  

So, especially having just picked Aaron Rodgers, the Jets cannot pick a developmental backup QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.  They can’t pick another entitled QB, and they have to support the drive for a SB with Rodgers.  if we need to upgrade QB2, we can sign Teddy B.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Agree to disagree.... instead of staring down his primary, sometimes his head is moving while he misreads the field...cool.

**** Levis, his horrible prospect profile, and his s*itty tape that I watched way too much of.

I've been happy to watch him fall out of the first and will enjoy his continued fall.

He should be a third round at best developmental QB pick.(thank god we don't have a third to burn on him)

My gripe is the legion of morons who thought he deserved top 5 consideration.... and his fear of milk... and I don't like him.

A little harsh to hate a young player  and hope he fails.. no ?

Personally I think this entire QB class is subpar and teams moved up to draft some of these guys . Nothing at the QB position stands out too me at all 

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

When he's a top 5 QB in 3 years remember this 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I think the NFL looks at Levis and sees Hackenburg and Zach Wilson, at least skills and personality.  Maybe Blake Bortles in skills.   No coincidence the Jets picked two of those players.  

So, especially having just picked Aaron Rodgers, the Jets cannot pick a developmental backup QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.  They can’t pick another entitled QB, and they have to support the drive for a SB with Rodgers.  if we need to upgrade QB2, we can sign Teddy B.  

Teddy B…. Nice guy, but  this isn’t 2019. He’s washed, and an injury waiting to happen.

At this point he’s just a name people recognize.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

When he's a top 5 QB in 3 years remember this 

You've overstayed your welcome but you have no where else to go so we'll keep you. We like being a haven for mental defectives... (myself included)

3rd/ 4th round picks at QB  rarely get more than an audition.

Please tell me , now that the QB landing spots have dried up where exactly is he going to go that he will have a realistic chance of starting in the next few years?

Raiders -Garropollo/Pats -Mac/ Tampa -Baker

Those are the s****y rooms he could walk into and have a chance over the next couple years. I don't  see anyone else taking a shot on him anytime soon in the draft. Those are some dou**y QB rooms and hes only making them dou**ier.

Yes ... I love hating Levis.

Yes I believe you have 20/160 vision considering your tape eval or lack there of.

You really fell in love with this horrible prospect? 

In a year of lackluster first round prospects the NFL still didn't believe he made the cut and agreed with me. ?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

You've overstayed your welcome but you have no where else to go so we'll keep you. We like being a haven for mental defectives... (myself included)

3rd/ 4th round picks at QB  rarely get more than an audition.

Please tell me , now that the QB landing spots have dried up where exactly is he going to go that he will have a realistic chance of starting in the next few years?

Raiders -Garropollo/Pats -Mac/ Tampa -Baker

Those are the s****y rooms he could walk into and have a chance over the next couple years. I don't  see anyone else taking a shot on him anytime soon in the draft. Those are some dou**y QB rooms and hes only making them dou**ier.

Yes ... I love hating Levis.

Yes I believe you have 20/160 vision considering your tape eval or lack there of.

You really fell in love with this horrible prospect? 

In a year of lackluster first round prospects the NFL still didn't believe he made the cut and agreed with me. ?

Conventional wisdom on qbs in the NFL history is not only discombobulated, it's the opposite in many respects. Brady 6th rd, Montana 3rd rd, Warner undrafted... NFL scouts don't know what they're doing when scouting the position 

2 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Conventional wisdom on qbs in the NFL history is not only discombobulated, it's the opposite in many respects. NFL scouts don't know what they're doing when scouting the position 

Ok my beautiful little dumpling time will tell... 

Just know I will enjoy every pick that slips without his name being called and we can call each other idiots when it all pans out one way or another.... over the next 3-5 years.

You've made it easy for me to be right with your top 5 QB proclamation.... You've been blinded by the booty and it ain't even a nice one. She a dog K2A a dog.

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Ok my beautiful little dumpling time will tell... 

Just know I will enjoy every pick that slips without his name being called and we can call each other idiots when it all pans out one way or another.... over the next 3-5 years.

You've made it easy for me to be right with your top 5 QB proclamation.... You've been blinded by the booty and it ain't even a nice one. She a dog K2A a dog.

the sopranos 12 days of hbo now GIF by HBO

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Yes let’s take a safety in round two.  Need to try and get our defense from 2nd ranked to first.  Our 25th offense should be fine now that we have Rodgers.  What a joke. 

The sad thing is this is the exact thoughts of the Jets, at least saleh and douglas.

• Upvote 2

Hey I can see the no love for Levis and the possible reasons for it, what I cant see is Richardson being taken 4th overall and Levis dropping to the 2nd.  Richardson is a better runner but other than that his resume is certainly no better than levis.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

A little harsh to hate a young player  and hope he fails.. no ?

Part of the deal with NIL in college (a move I supported) is that college players are no longer treated like kids and instead like early professionals.

So, no, I don’t think any critique of a guy like Levis is unwarranted anymore.  He’s already getting paid like a pro athlete in his early 20s.  **** him lol.  

• 6 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 1:47 PM, Beerfish said:

You are going to be very quesy two years form now when the jets tell the world zac is now the new starter after rodgers retires.

With the way the jets have a upside down doom horseshoe around their necks, I am preparing for Zac to be the starter at some point this coming year after Rodgers gets hurt.

Nicely done!

LifetimeAchievementAward-PrinceTakingBows.gif.fae400b75cbae68f8e0af1fd79b65a96.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1