Who is snapping the ball to AR in 23?

3 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t see any rookies starting on the line. Brown at LT, Tomnlinson LG, Vet C, AVT RG, Becton RT. 

Maybe if a LT is drafted in the 1st and overtakes brown which seems possible 

The backup OT would be Max Mitchell.  Looks like Schweitzer and Colon-Castillo on the inside.  The center looks like Ben Jones and, of course, they will draft a tackle and a center.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

If only there were four months until training camp and five months until the first game to sign or draft a starting center.

We so screwed.

Fire JD.

Weird response because it’s a very valid question posted on a Jets message board.

Dont reply if you’re not interested.

Using your logic, let’s all wait to post until the start of the season.

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

so this team will have 2 rookies, presumably, on the o-line?  a T and a C?

Maybe two rookies but I’m guessing only the center will have a chance to start. I also suspect they’ll land one of the free agent center, possibly even McGovern.

17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

wtf is wrong with you? Do you deny who is available and who is not? Do you deny we may or may not draft one? That was the hypothtical. Answer it or stop being a masive troll that you are

Relax, your OP was a good one.  He was just breaking your balls because of your reputation around here.  :) 

• Sympathy 1

On 3/31/2023 at 2:59 PM, varjet said:

Obviously Connor McGovern wants more money than anyone wants to pay him, at this time.

I seem to recall some C being signed last year after the draft for surprisingly high money.  

I would have tried to extend CM for continuity, particularly with Rodgers coming.  But guys like CM, Corey D and Lawson are too expensive for a team paying a QB.  JD blew it by not finding a C in the lower rounds to develop sooner.   If Mims was what he was supposed be, Corey would be cut.  Elijah Moore required Hardman at 3x the cost.   With Huff, JJ2 and Clemons I don't know why we are paying Lawson $15mm. 

I was pounding the table in 2021 for Creed Humphrey.. If we took him instead of the recently traded Moore, we'd be in great shape.... Now we have to go 1 / 2 OT, then C.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They do not have to do that at all. I don’t even think it’s likely, tbh.

i'd like to see them pass on OT in 1st and C in 2nd and instead draft Njigba in 1st and someone like Sanders in 2nd - bring in Ben Jones and fill in with another FA T

of course I will never be able to pronounce his last name

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I was pounding the table in 2021 for Creed Humphrey.. If we took him instead of the recently traded Moore, we'd be in great shape.... Now we have to go 1 / 2 OT, then C.

I was hoping for Creed, too, though not doing any table pounding. 

:-)

I've been hoping they'd draft a young stud C to captain the OL for some years now. I think C is the second most important position on the OL, behind the blind-side OL (usually LT).  Maybe this year?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

How about bring back Connor McGovern?

Yeah, he's a solid player.  Must be some reason...

It's either they don't like him personally or they're committed to drafting a C and the top 45. 

Having Rodgers with a rookie center doesn't seem like a good idea to me.   

So they just must not like the guy.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, he's a solid player.  Must be some reason...

It's either they don't like him personally or they're committed to drafting a C and the top 45. 

Having Rodgers with a rookie center doesn't seem like a good idea to me.   

So they just must not like the guy.

Has anyone else signed McGovern yet? Perhaps he's asking for more than teams value him at. 

5 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

I was hoping for Creed, too, though not doing any table pounding. 

:-)

I've been hoping they'd draft a young stud C to captain the OL for some years now. I think C is the second most important position on the OL, behind the blind-side OL (usually LT).  Maybe this year?

I’ve heard that a lot from fans but the entire group of nfl GMs, HCs, combo HC/GMs, and more would disagree. It’s not an accident it’s the least expensive OL position, the only one that’s never seen a top 10 pick, and probably only maybe one exception ever a top 15 pick.

A team merely needs competence at the position. Better than that is of course quite welcome, but among the 5 its lone importance is overstated.

It’s also a position that’s - more often than many/most realize - scouted poorly from among college prospects. Plenty of letdown centers drafted with 1st/2nd rounder picks. Unlike other positions where a relative letdown can find a niche or get subbed on/off, in taking a low value position high it’s really only a non-tragedy in hindsight if he’s awesome, and even then it’s not slam dunk use because it’s a cheap position that’s so often filled fine or better with middle and late round picks.

I’ve no objection to using a 2nd round pick (or even a late 1st) on a center in and off itself, but not if they just used a 1st round pick in a LT, in an all-in season. IMO that’s a plan more for the future than the immediate present to force feed two rookies into the OL (the latter being the more urgent must-start, too).

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...